• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I usually push 5* artifacts to lvl 15 and park them there. Even when you get a dupe it feels like a waste for the minimal improvement one LB would give and the dust cost makes max LB'ing any of them quite expensive, and you would need to really expect that MLB'ed artifact to do some work as you're giving up max LB'ing workhorse 4* artifacts with dust.

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
It's kind of the same issue as SSB. All the ones who hit like trucks only have like 10k hp, and the ones who aren't so damaging have much higher HP values. Charles is the same - every hard hitting Charles you see is either squishy or slow. You have to pick your tradeoff when gearing him. Mine definitely relies on his damage buff to do decent damage.

It's also surprisingly hard to get him over 3k attack without sacrificing a lot of other stats.

If it helps, I suspect Charles doesn't need 100% crit rate because his role is mainly to randomly sneak in damage. You'll likely never rely on it to kill because his damage is a bit random by nature. It's not like Yufine or AColi where you're really banking on that one big hit to crit.

Yes this helps thanks for the input. Gonna lower my crit chance expectations and see where this takes me. I already have hard hitting units so focusing on his kit is certainly a better idea.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys max limit break Elbris or do you keep it at skill level one.

Max Elbris is what 20%? I was thinking in doing it but then it seems like a ton of investment for small return, maybe is worth to highly competitive PVP players (which is not my case)

Edit: checked here yeah it's 20% , while +15 sits at 15% , seems not worth to me

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know how Elbris works? Is it a 15% chance per ally that is attacked, i.e. a total of 45% chance of triggering on AoE? Or is it 15% chance overall no matter how many ally's are attacked?

If so a 5% increase in the artifact actually makes a big difference against AoE attackers since you'd jump from 45% chance to trigger to 60%.

I'm pretty sure that is the case and in that instance I do think it's one of the few artifacts worth limit breaking. Probably why people feel like he's triggering every time.

Feb 15, 2019
Max Elbris is what 20%? I was thinking in doing it but then it seems like a ton of investment for small return, maybe is worth to highly competitive PVP players (which is not my case)

Edit: checked here yeah it's 20% , while +15 sits at 15% , seems not worth to me
Do we know how Elbris works? Is it a 15% chance per ally that is attacked, i.e. a total of 45% chance of triggering on AoE? Or is it 15% chance overall no matter how many ally's are attacked?

If so a 5% increase in the artifact actually makes a big difference against AoE attackers since you'd jump from 45% chance to trigger to 60%.

I'm pretty sure that is the case and in that instance I do think it's one of the few artifacts worth limit breaking. Probably why people feel like he's triggering every time.

I'm not entirely sure but jokes about counter always proccing on defense asides I do think Elbris procs a bit too much on AOEs whenever someone on defense has it. I use Tywin/Basar on arena offense and if someone has an Elbris, Tywin or Basar will proc it so often that it leads me to believe it can't possibly be just 15%-20% and that it's 15%-20% per ally hit (there's a reason I can't play this team without immunity on Tywin whatsoever, Fceci just completely screws him over then and makes him unable to s2 after burned s3). And in that case, an extra 5% is big.

However do take into account that Elbris is pretty crucial to a lot of heroes. Charles, Fceci, most likely the new Tywin all make really good use out of Elbris so you should probably have a few spare ones before you start investing into +30.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Hm, even with Diene not even hitting 50 yet, I can see how her buff can help a lot for any comp looking to grind it out with high damage teams. She might be my answer to Arby comps, in which case I should build her asap.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Enjoy it now. I am so sick of seeing her animations at this point.
I got sick of seeing her animation just from fighting against her lol. That ship sailed a long time ago and was one of the reasons I wasn't so hot on pulling her.

But I hate Lilias+SSB+res faceroll comps more than I hate seeing that animation, so I'm going to stomach it.

At least it's not Ruele. I put my phone down every time I see that shit.

Gohlad

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Is this the first time we've had a 3 banner summon?
No there were some in the past, but it's certainly not common.

I guess they realy want to suck us dry from our bookmarks and Skystones. With them giving bookmarks out so sparsely recently and the Diene event not having bookmarks in the event shop for week 3 it certainly shows they don't want us to have that many bookmarks...

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
The end of Diene's story was great.
I'm a bit sad now... I would have like her to have her moment with Bask in the end. I don't really remember what is happening at the start of Ras story, but Queen Diene dies If I remember correctly.

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
My stupid luck is back, got Ken from my daily yesterday and Luluca from my roll again rule, Cermia from today's daily.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
The end of Diene's story was great.
I'm a bit sad now... I would have like her to have her moment with Bask in the end. I don't really remember what is happening at the start of Ras story, but Queen Diene dies If I remember correctly.

This is probably my favourite side story in the game. I did also really enjoy the Guilty Gear crossover and I'm still missing some side stories as I started late but I don't think this has been topped yet. Not even the events in episode 2 come close though I do like the friendly banter between the main characters of episode 2 as well.

Regarding the part in your spoiler tag.
Diene is slain by Vildred. While the main story and this even covers it pretty well there is also Vildred's own side story event which covers the years after the war where he tries to find answers.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
The Diene side story was really good but also super relevant to the lore of the overall story. It absolutely puts things like Elenas side story to shame. If they put out more side stories like that I'd have a lot less complaints about the lack of challenging content. Plus the 5 battle maps are great for farming.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't Diene's sidestory the first one released for Global? It's a bit unfortunate its still head and shoulders above the other side story content

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
The recent chapters in the main story give me hope that maybe the side story stories will improve. They've been quite good.

Slim hope. But hope.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't Diene's sidestory the first one released for Global? It's a bit unfortunate its still head and shoulders above the other side story content

I thought the halloweeen side story was also really fun and well done but I guess that was the first Korean side story?

Makes you wonder when SG bought Super Creative if people split.

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
Halloween,Valentine, Summer were all side stories I really enjoyed. Curious to see how future side stories will be this year.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
The quality of the side stories vary greatly. I'm really liking this Diene one, and there have been a few that I also really liked.

But then there are also a bunch where the writers clearly phoned it in.

I don't have much hope for this Alencia one. It practically writes itself with that synopsis if you go for the laziest routes possible. The only question is whether Cecilia will randomly wander into this one too, since she's the go-to supporting character when the cast is too small for these stories.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
The recent chapters in the main story give me hope that maybe the side story stories will improve. They've been quite good.
Agreed. I think all of Episode 2 has been really good personally. The fire stuff was a bit slow but it picked up after that, and the execution has been way better than the first one. Just wish the fights themselves were somewhat challenging.

I think now that RTA is out they can really start focusing on PvE, so hopefully we'll get some more quality stories... hopefully lol.

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
Felt really lucky, my second ML5* from a galaxy bookmark, after fallen cecilia last week. This time it's maid chloe !

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Diene is putting in pretty good work and she's not even fully built yet. I tried replacing Charles with her in my ssb + double ceci faceroll comp and she provides a good combination of offensive and defensive buffs to make it last.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Kinda been stuck with my RTA comps as 80% of people just ban Basar on my teams... even sometimes when I have Avil and SSB..... it's why I was hoping S.Rose would get good EE so I could run her as a back up CR pusher... for this sort of situation I would've loved an DJ Basar or Flidica... but instead I get meta MLs like Ceci and Sez.....

Anyway was doing yolo covenants to get a yellow transmit stone, pulled a 5 star and turned my phone around hoping to hear voice acting, heard some guy talking and turned it back around. It's Tywin, problem solved. (also means I don't have to worry as much if they pick C.Dom before me since I aim for 50% crit on a lot of characters)

That's awesome, enjoy. He's a really fun unit to play and team build around.

I pretty much put ML Sez right to the front of the six star queue and now he's sitting at 60, fully awakened in some half decent left over attack/immunity gear.

I'm still trying to learn how to use him right, at the moment in arena I'm running him with Iseria/Tam/CDom and just hoping with the attack buff and 100% crit he just ends people. RTA has been hard to find the right team comp since my only pusher is Basar and he's banned most of the time, I'm hoping my Tywin pick up helps with that.

What artifact do you run yours with? I slapped my old +18 Windryder on him and had a fun fight where my Ravi brought him back to life, he s3, killed and was stealthed and they had to go through my ravi before even touching him. Was one of those 3 ML Sez S3s fight.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still trying to learn how to use him right, at the moment in arena I'm running him with Iseria/Tam/CDom and just hoping with the attack buff and 100% crit he just ends people. RTA has been hard to find the right team comp since my only pusher is Basar and he's banned most of the time, I'm hoping my Tywin pick up helps with that.

What artifact do you run yours with? I slapped my old +18 Windryder on him and had a fun fight where my Ravi brought him back to life, he s3, killed and was stealthed and they had to go through my ravi before even touching him. Was one of those 3 ML Sez S3s fight.

I run him with a stun team. Dizzy to soften incoming damage with Abyssal Crown and G Purrgis to give him attack buff and stun two enemies. G Purrgis to provoke to direct damage away from Spez. Last unit is usually Basar, Faithless Lidica, or DJ Basar to do some CR pushing depending on the opposing team. That comp got me to Top 10 and carved through the A Vild, ML Ken, SSB, Ruele, ML Chloe infested defenses.

I run R&L in him to lucksack my way into a few more wins in GW and Arena here and there.

He's tough to use in RTA since he requires a lot of set-up. I bring him out when someone pulls a reviver knowing they have to ban him and build a team of 4 that I really want.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Spez really doesn't require a lot of set up. A lots into Spez can one shot Charles, SSB, ML Ken, A Vildred, etc. So many teams are easy pickings if you can remove their big threat.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Spez really doesn't require a lot of set up. A lots into Spez can one shot Charles, SSB, ML Ken, A Vildred, etc. So many teams are easy pickings if you can remove their big threat.

Helps if you have A Lots!

I don't have him so I have to find another way to get him up front with an attack buff, been my bane for all my cleave teams so far. I need to CR push or damage reduce to keep my DPS alive long enough to do their job.

A Lots strat seems to be tough too if you have multiple high priority targets. SSB and A Vild with either Charles/ML Ken/F Ceci is a common enough defense that Spez won't last for a second turn and you run the risk of dying to counter attacks/provokes since you need to target A Vild first. At least mine wouldn't survive haha. But I can attack those teams if I buff strip and then Dizzy S3 along with my 100+ effectiveness G Purrgis almost always landing a stun.

Last edited:

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Helps if you have A Lots!

I don't have him so I have to find another way to get him up front with an attack buff, been my bane for all my cleave teams so far. I need to CR push or damage reduce to keep my DPS alive long enough to do their job.

A Lots strat seems to be tough too if you have multiple high priority targets. SSB and A Vild with either Charles/ML Ken/F Ceci is a common enough defense that Spez won't last for a second turn and you run the risk of dying to counter attacks/provokes since you need to target A Vild first. At least mine wouldn't survive haha. But I can attack those teams if I buff strip and then Dizzy S3 along with my 100+ effectiveness G Purrgis almost always landing a stun.

Doh haha. Sorry! I take him for granted. If there are multiple high priority targets like Ken and AV, then I turtle up with ML Crozet, dizzy, Spez and Ruele. Really hard for me to lose with that comp. If it's Basar and AV/Ken, then I take out Basar first with ML Coli. If it's SSB with 2 other annoying units and revive, I won't bother. SSB is so annoying. I built a General P Bc you love him so much. Just no mola for him yet

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Doh haha. Sorry! I take him for granted. If there are multiple high priority targets like Ken and AV, then I turtle up with ML Crozet, dizzy, Spez and Ruele. Really hard for me to lose with that comp. If it's Basar and AV/Ken, then I take out Basar first with ML Coli. If it's SSB with 2 other annoying units and revive, I won't bother. SSB is so annoying. I built a General P Bc you love him so much. Just no mola for him yet

I've been using ML Crozet a ton to protect SSB and Charles in various comps but don't have him mola'd for the stun and higher damage reduction so worried about using him with Spez. I guess I should try it out but Dizzy just seems the better option for damage reduction to me but the drawback is you need Basar to strip first.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I had hope for a second because I have alots, but I don't have most of those protection or res units you listed. :(

I think I'm going to do another big retooling of my roster the next time a gear event goes around. My gear is spread out right now, leaving me with a lot of middling units but not a lot of very good ones.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I think we might have flown too close to the sun on our GW rank (209). This guild only has 1 inactive member, already has 4000 points, and has 13 attackers left.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
The dragon squad is complete! took about 60 ouuls; got two of her artifact and another Border Coin.

EOMdbAqWkAIHByV

now i'm broke....

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
Finally managed to auto the W11. Looks like I could do it for a while, I just didn't know.
I ditched T. Guard 50 and replaced him by Ken 60, he's got a much better set and stats and can def break much better. Even if he's fire. Rest of the team is A.Momo, Krau, Luna.
Feels good, and now, the long grind for better speed sets.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have a Blingo built? What EE and artifact do you use?

Just 6*'d him and gave him 215 speed with an immunity set and 85% crit chance.

Primarily interested in using him Hell Raid and seeing if I can do without Dizzy or Montmo who really slows things down.

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
Anyone have a Blingo built? What EE and artifact do you use?

Just 6*'d him and gave him 215 speed with an immunity set and 85% crit chance.

Primarily interested in using him Hell Raid and seeing if I can do without Dizzy or Montmo who really slows things down.

Celestine & Potion work. DDJ if you've built him to hit hard.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
I'm honestly glad for a "dead week" considering I farmed out all of Diene's sidestory shops in the last week.

I'll just clear up to the stage where I can select Hell and use that for my daily 5 adventure runs.

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
Is Yufine interesting when I already have Luna, Lena, Ken, C.Lorina ?
I tried to get Charles in a few pull since I don't have the gears or artifact for him but no luck so I saved a few bookmarks for the next banners.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Vinimaw
I think Yufine is better than all those guys except maybe Ken, I would say ken and yufine are equal. Her exclusive equipment that extends her buffs on s1 allows her to do some game breaking shenanigans.

Now is she worth going out of the way to get I guess it depends if you want a hero that can guarantee to delete at least one threat in pvp. i use her a lot against SSB, and F.Cece in guild war.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.