• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Via the official Epic Games website: https://www.epicgames.com/paragon/en-US/news/paragon-to-close-on-april-26

Hey Everyone,

It's with heavy hearts we've decided to close down Paragon.

We truly appreciate everything you've put into Paragon. We received many passionate ideas for where to take the game; the outpouring of thoughtful suggestions is another testament to this incredible community.

After careful consideration, and many difficult internal debates, we feel there isn't a clear path for us to grow Paragon into a MOBA that retains enough players to be sustainable.

We didn't execute well enough to deliver on the promise of Paragon. We have failed you -- despite the team's incredibly hard work -- and we're sorry.

To try to make this right, Epic is offering a full refund to every Paragon player for every purchase on any platform. This refund will come directly from Epic rather than your platform provider.

To request your refund, follow these steps:

1. If you're not playing on PC, link your Epic account (create one if necessary).
  2. If you play on PC, or have already linked your Epic account, you can request your refund here.
We'll continue operating Paragon servers until April 26, 2018. As the player population continues to decrease, matchmaking times and quality will further degrade.

Thank you for joining us on this journey and for your dedication to Paragon.

Deleted member 13550

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow.

I used to love this game. Played it every night with my friends. All the changes ruined the game for me. Then Fortnite came out and seemed to have killed Paragon.

I'll remember the fun i had with this game.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Seemed inevitable. From what I saw it got a lot of support but never grew. That subreddit is gonna be furious.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
I do think they could probably salvage a lot of the art and abilities they made into something different, but yeah, as is, I don't really see this ever working as a MOBA.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Some people got 100s of hours out of this game. Wild that they're giving everybody a refund.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Very few can make it when they're just chasing trends. A lot of hero shooter, MOBA, battlegrounds kind of games are going to keep failing.

rare

Oct 25, 2017
Shame, was a decent game.
Epic should give players the ability to host their own servers though, like Rising Thunder did.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Fortnite is where the money is. No need to split the userbase. It is awesome of them to offer a full refund.

Deleted member 862

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fortnite is their future then.

They missed the MOBA boat by a few years and they're on the ground floor of the battle royal genre. Doesn't take a genius to see what happened here.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
Fortnite : Battle Royale must be causing waves of change internally. It's incredible to me that someone calculated the losses of giving refunds for everything bought so far in the game and that still ended up looking more advantageous than keeping support for it.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Not surprising - they are clearly all-in on Fortnite. Really good move on their part to offer full refunds to everyone.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of crazy. I guess it was an opportunity cost thing now that Fortnite BR is taking off? Seemed to be doing alright.

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, the MOBA scene is so stacked, LOL and Dota 2 are dominating and we got SMITE/HOTS behind, a lot of MOBAs failed, EA's Dawngate, Crytek's MOBA was killed before a beta and Paragon was nothing special, beside the Unreal Engine 4.

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seriously though, props to them for offering mass refunds, had it been any other dev or publsiher they probably wouldn't have done it

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
They just released a statement saying that they would be reducing development and evaluating what the future would hold.

Guess they decided.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Well, glad I saved myself from keeping playing. Stopped on November because I bought a bunch of games during Black Friday and didn't come back. Now that I'm recovered (played 750hs in 2017) there's no point. A shame but at least I enjoyed my time with it.