• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I found a post on Reddit that shows that Moonlighter has the option for cloud saves. Does this mean that Epic Games Store is starting to roll out the feature?
https://www.reddit.com/r/EpicGamesP..._saves_seems_to_be_available_for_moonlighter/
7tt6p96n0hc31.png

UPDATE: Confirmed

Last edited:

Deleted member 1185

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome. One of the few big issues I had with the launcher. The rest is just nice to haves but this was really important. Hope its available for all games soon

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
Does Epic said anything about it?
Does the dev have their own solution?

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ayyyyy. Thanks Steam.

(Genuinely glad to see them making important progress please don't crucify me.)

Oct 29, 2017
Seriously just implement all these features already, it even makes you not want to play some of those free titles they give out until these are there.

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
This was probably my biggest problem with the store/client. Good to see it's coming along.

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
EGS is still without shopping cart, right?

But to be honest it is a good improvement. Epic still has a long way to go, though.

papertowel

Nov 6, 2017
This was/is probably the biggest feature the client lacked. Still not going to use it until they stop buying exclusives though

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Cool, if EGS has a cloud save system that actually works, I would feel a lot better about being forced to buy specific games from thier store.

I might actually consider getting Borderlands 3, but they still need to add an achievement system. It would still be disheartening to lose out on those.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
The one feature I was waiting for. Just need Tim to stop driving me away now.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
This will go a long way to help people not hate the store. Still confused how cloud saves are here, albeit limited, but a shopping cart is still the stuff of legends.

Airbar

Oct 26, 2017
Great, hope Linux support is next in line ... haha who am I kidding.
At least they start to make some progress.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
There is exactly one thing Epic has ever had to do to get people to not hate the store, and they will never do it.
You are correct, if you are referring to how they handle exclusives. I just feel that if epic had the same general features as steam, it would be a lot harder to be upset about exclusives.

But yes if they stopped doing exclusives, the hate would be instantly cooled.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I will acknowledge that yes, Epic has indeed delivered a publicly facing feature on their public roadmap. Ultimately, though, their reputation is in the gutter due to their suicidally aggressive exclusivity strategy.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Slowly, but surely, the wheels of progress roll forward.

Glad to see they're still at it. Hard to see how this is a negative but I haven't read the rest of this thr—

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018
This was/is probably the biggest feature the client lacked. Still not going to use it until they stop buying exclusives though

Pretty much where I am.

Though I'm happy they're actually adding these overdue features and am grateful for the ongoing free games, I have no intention of spending money there any time soon. Especially knowing the exclusives are likely to continue...

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
That's great, but hol' up, I wasn't aware that epic store didn't have cloud saves. I, uh, very much hope cloud saves are rolled out fully before borderlands 3 comes out lol

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
they get that shopping cart yet?
Is this a meme or something?

It took 17 years for xbox live to get a cart. The eShop doesn't have one. The PSN one has a limit of 10, the appstore doesn't have one either.

I mean how often do you guys go on shopping sprees so that the need to hold many games in your cart is such an important feature?

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Is this a meme or something?

It took 17 years for xbox live to get a cart. The eShop doesn't have one. The PSN one has a limit of 10, the appstore doesn't have one either.

I mean how often do you guys go on shopping sprees so that the need to hold many games in your cart is such an important feature?

Almost every 3rd party seller and launcher on PC have shopping carts, for a reason.

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
User banned (3 days): trolling and disingenuous commentary across multiple EGS threads, previously warned for the same thing
So they complain when they don't have a feature, then complain when it gets the feature.

I'm starting to thing this is not about features at all.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
whenever stores have multiple things worth buying at once

I guess you don't need one if your store only sells like 20 games?
No

I don't need one because I never buy 30 games at once. Never bothered me on xbl, on iphone, on the eshop or elsewhere.

I have more pressing issues with the egs than something as secondary as a shopping cart