• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Before seeing this thread, in the Shenmue thread, I wanted to make a pithy comment about gamers complaining about Epic one moment, then running towards them like mindless zombies whenever Epic offers free games.

Epic will continue money hatting because they're not being punished by consumers. Expect more exclusives stolen from under our noses for the foreseeable future.

Oct 25, 2017
They are throwing money at customers and at developers/publishers. It's a very brute force way to establish their online store. It has another cost though, they are burning a lot of goodwill with some of their exclusivity deals. Are these free games enough to mend those bridges?
I bought a game in their store already and somehow this still feels insulting.

The timing of announcing this just after the Shenmue exclusivity is too much. They should have started E3 with that, perhaps.

Jul 18, 2018
i thought it was every 2 weeks, now it's every week ?
It was until they launched their Epic Mega Sale, which was just per week for E3 and now they chaned it so it's every week till end of the year

Here is a list of the games that was released free so far (City of Brass being last one before this weekly change happened):
progameguides.com

Epic Games Store Free Games - Schedule, Current and Upcoming Games

We're taking a look at the full list of past, present, and future free games given by the Epic Games Store!

VerySerious

Oct 25, 2017
Why would they suddenly change to a weekly giveaway?

It either seems like they're trying to gain some good PR after their recent blunders or EGS isn't as popular as they'd hoped.

Oh well, a freebie's a freebie - I just hope EGS doesn't shut down before I get round to playing them!

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
Thank you Epic the greatest company to grace the PC space since Microsoft with Windows 95

Ziocyte

Oct 27, 2017
That is certainly one way to build a launcher that is actually desired.

People speak of the woes of capitalism but as a gamer, right now, we are in a golden age. The amount of free games that roll into our position and the amount of hours of entertainment we are getting from f2p, subscription perks, and outright gifts is bonkers.

robot

Oct 27, 2017
I'll take 'em, but I still have no plans to actually buy a game on their store.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
They've had some good games available so that's neat. I understand people have issues with the platform but free is free.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Like, this is great, pro-customer thing. Such a shame they have to sully it by those stupid ass exclusives.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
This reeks they are desperate for some good PR.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Before seeing this thread, in the Shenmue thread, I wanted to make a pithy comment about gamers complaining about Epic one moment, then running towards them like mindless zombies whenever Epic offers free games.

Epic will continue money hatting because they're not being punished by consumers. Expect more exclusives stolen from under our noses for the foreseeable future.
why would they be punished by consumers ???

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Cool doesn't change your stores feature set nor does it make it more appealing

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
Couldn't pay me to use this thing, especially now that Game Pass is letting me bypass those everywhere-but-Steam exclusivity deals.

BrutalInsane

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Guys, I'm just going to get this out of the way so we can nip it in the bud:

"I don't see what the problem is, it's just installing another launcher on your PC. Plus, PS and Xbox have exclusives, whatz da big deal?"

Also, fuck off, Epic.

eddy

Oct 25, 2017
I have ~1100+ titles on Steam, so it's touch and go if we'll catch up in my lifetime.