• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
Epic reminds me of this time in infant school where I randomly gave some kid 50p because he was being a bit of a bully and i wanted him to stop being a cunt.

Difference is it worked back then lol

Oct 25, 2017
I've been saying all along that the real target of Epic's strategy is the Fortnite crowd and newcomers to the PC ecosystem, not the established PC user base, which they have been aggressively flipping off at literally every opportunity. That is, people either young enough or new enough that they don't already have years of experience with a massive backlog problem via Steam sales and Humble Bundles.

Considering how I (and probably many others) pass on $1 mega-bundles and free giveaways week after week because the Steam library is already pretty saturated, I will continue to ignore EGS for the rest of the year. At this point there is nothing they can throw at me.

SoldToIna

Banned
Jun 5, 2019
I feel this could be because they got wind of something, like maybe Twitch Prime has plans to start getting aggressive.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a webclient like with Gog and twitch or do I actually have to download and install their software to claim the games?

Evilmaus

Oct 27, 2017
I'll pass. All the free games in the world wont make up for their objectionable business practises.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cool, I'm happy to take them, just don't expect me to spend anything on the store

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
why ??? isn't it do plenty by all the other published on sony/microsoft/nintendo??
Don't confuse funding the development of a game vs moneyhatting a game that is already being developed. Microsoft tried it with Rise of the Tomb Raider and people got angry for good reason.

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
Awesome. I haven't spent a dime on EGS, but I've claimed every one of these. Looking forward to Enter the Gungeon this week.

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nice, and I jusst checked The Division 2 is only $30 Cdn.

*sorry, it's US dollars. Still a good deal.

Remember

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Chicago, IL United States
Epic:

original.gif

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Day): Inflammatory Drive-by Posting
LOL, so like all EGS threads -

PC Gamers: Toss off.

Never seen a gaming PC: Thank you Good Guy Epic!!!!

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can someone tl;dr why EGS is almost universally hated? Is it because they are making these titles exclusive and they lack functionality Steam has?

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
dope - i still haven't really figured out why people don't like this

wish these nerds were as passionate about politics as they are the latest fashionable megacorp war

LOL, so like all EGS threads -

PC Gamers: Toss off.

Never seen a gaming PC: Thank you Good Guy Epic!!!!

was gaming on a 486, but always appreciate a good "gamer superiority complex" laugh

Jun 26, 2018
They're gonna be gearing up their defenders for more of their bullshit. We're going to see so much more of their shitty business practices before the end of the year I'm certain, holy shit.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Don't confuse funding the development of a game vs moneyhatting a game that is already being developed. Microsoft tried it with Rise of the Tomb Raider and people got angry for good reason.
im genuinely interested in the topic

Games that are time exclusive on a console, are just company that pay them to stay on their console for X amount of time, right? That doesn't mean the cash is going into developping the game, right?

The only exemple i have right now is Octopath Traveler, im pretty sure Nintendo sign a deal to get a 1 year exclusivity, but they didnt finance the game, square enix did.

Isn't it the same thing with Epic buying time exclusive to their store?? Sure i understand why PC gamers are angry because they either have to buy it on a another platform than all their current games is, or they wait for the game to release on steam.

but from a business perspective, Epic have all the rights, right?

btw sorry for my english

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
It's a smart way to keep me logging into the client every week. The sale also got me to buy Hades and Journey. Hades is damn good, and I got some time out of City of Brass too, so it's been a pleasant experience for me so far.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
With this announcement, Epic is indicating that they're going to substantially increase the amount of money that they're going to spend to attract people to at least look at their store. I'm inclined to think that they believe it's resulting in an increase in purchases, given that doubling the number of games that they're planning on giving away for the rest of the year will not be cheap.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Does the OP have any affiliation with EGS or did they just not properly quote the linked article?

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
im genuinely interested in the topic

Games that are time exclusive on a console, are just company that pay them to stay on their console for X amount of time, right? That doesn't mean the cash is going into developping the game, right?

The only exemple i have right now is Octopath Traveler, im pretty sure Nintendo sign a deal to get a 1 year exclusivity, but they didnt finance the game, square enix did.

Isn't it the same thing with Epic buying time exclusive to their store?? Sure i understand why PC gamers are angry because they either have to buy it on a another platform than all their current games is, or they wait for the game to release on steam.

but from a business perspective, Epic have all the rights, right?

btw sorry for my english
I'm not fully aware how Octopath Traveler development went, but from the beginning it was announced to be a Switch exclusive. And unless I'm wrong, Nintendo published the game in the west.

Now, that's fine and dandy. If Nintendo and SE made an exclusivity deal with Nintendo giving them money to develop the project, then that's cool in my books. In fact, people aren't angry Fortnite or Dauntless are EGS exclusives. What people are angry is that games that have been announced to be released in Steam, GOG and other storefronts are suddenly pulled to become EGS exclusives. It would be like Octopath was announced for Switch, Xbone, PS4 and PC and then Square Enix announces it will become Switch exclusive.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've got a pretty sizable library already on EGS without really spending a dime so far. Really good promotion.