• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
This person was just notified by 'Mastercard' that their name, password and email was comprised on 4/22/2021 from epic games.com

From r/EpicgamesPC

There was also another thread regarding this but was deleted as it isn't a confirmed breach yet but another person was warned by Norton.com of a possible breach..

Also from r/EpicGamesPC

So two user reports of a breach so far..

Since i have had 2FA on for months i don't think i need to maybe worry but the lot of you who didn't yet or want to change your login info.. just might wanna do that just in case..

Edit:

A Random person on twitter 2 days ago...

A lot more people on twitter are talking that they also received an alert.

Last edited:

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao I'm in another breach

My own fault by getting suckered in by samurai showdown though.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Oct 29, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
Bleh :(

Fortunately I don't save my payment info online and have unique login/password for every service, so hopefully any damage is minimal.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
This doesn't exactly help their case for wanting to sideload their bullshit into every ecosystem.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Phew, looks like I used a complex and unique password on Epic.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Thankfully I've got 2FA, don't have any payment info on there, and use a completely unique password.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
So happy for 1password when this nonsense happens.

Chev

Mar 1, 2021
Gimme a refresher, how does that site relate to the EGS? The user database is shared between the site and the store?

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
i log in with my google account, am i fucked?

If you mean you log in using Google as your Identity Provider instead of having a separate Epic account, I would think you would be fine. Providing of course that your Google account is well protected. If you have any data you care about at all on EGS (or any service, really), go and enable two-factor authentication, and use the mobile authenticator app if possible.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Only used it to get RCT3 for free a month or so ago. I forget, do you need credit card information on file in order to download free games? If not, I don't care that much about this.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
Both of my epic acc's have been 2FA since the option was available in addition to my Paypal being only saved on it so I should be safe. Tbh it's hard to have any account these days without there being a breach somewhere, as long as you have 2fa tied to your phone and authenticator you should be good.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I deleted my account a little while back but I hate shit like this. It gets me so paranoid.

ChemicalWorld

Dec 6, 2017
Welcome to Epic Games Store. Unzip your flies and leave your wallet on the side of the room....

*whistles*

Status
Not open for further replies.