• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RPGamer92

Oct 25, 2017
So Era, what are some normally funny TV shows that had an episode that made you cry? One big one for me was the episode of South Park
Kenny Dies: When Cartman is talking infront of Congress specifically that did me in
. What about you?

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Jul 20, 2018
Quite a few episodes of Bojack but that's pretty much the point if the show.

Also an episode of Tuca and Bertie, but I can't remember which.

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Scrubs' "My Finale"

The Office when Michael leaves and when Pam/Jim get married

Landawng

The Fallen
Nov 9, 2017
Denver/Aurora, CO
Honestly there is a few moments in Rick and Morty that has made me tear up. Just got into that show within the last few days and it's insane but there are some moments where i get teared up for some reason.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, is this the Scrubs OT?

Futurama deserves mention of course.
M.A.S.H.
Office has made me tear up, i think.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
NewsRadio - Bill Moves On.

paGbxsP.png

I didn't cry, but that's a really sad episode. Especially at the end when everyone is taking something of Bill's and the episode ends with his empty chair.

It's okay! It's been retconned. Seymour lived a happy life with Fry until Bender killed him in 2012.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
"Where do you think you are right now?" is one of the most brutal lines in sitcom history, and it was delivered by Zach Braff, of all people.

That episode. Damn.

WolfeTone

Oct 25, 2017
Simpsons has quite a few. Lisa's Substitute as already mentioned, but Mother Simpson also has a very moving conclusion.

DustyVonErich

Oct 31, 2017
First post nails it.

I'm not sure I cried, but maaaan that was sad and what immediately jumped to mind.

"Where do you think you are right now?" is one of the most brutal lines in sitcom history, and it was delivered by Zach Braff, of all people.

That episode. Damn.

Whew. This was rough too

Yooo, this was a great pick too.

Brainiac 8

Oct 27, 2017
Futurama had two: The dog episode and "The luck of the Fryrish" got me. Phillip learning that his brother wasn't so bad just hit me so hard.

Fresh Prince with the episode with his father at the end just kills me because my relationship with my dad was very similar.

Scrubs had several episodes that get me. The two that I think were the most powerful were "My Lunch" and "My Screwup."

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn Nine-Nine season 5 episode 10, Game Night

In the episode, Rosa asks Jake for help in telling her parents that she's bisexual by going to dinner and then to a game night with them, although not everything goes as planned.

😥

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
That Futurama episode for sure got me, another that came to mind right away was the episode of the office where Michael leaves

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
I see this in gif form all the time, and I've always felt so lost trying to understand wtf it means. Just watched the scene, and I'm still confused lol. Never watched the show so that pretty much explains it.

Were people under the impression that Brendan Frasers character was alive or something during prior episodes, sort of like a Sixth Sense thing?
He was dead the entire episode. Only Dr. Kox saw him, every scene in that episode works if Ben wasn't in the scene because only Dr. Kox interacts with him. The implication was that Dr. Kox couldn't deal with the death of his best friend so he was in denial the whole time. Ben died in JD's care but the episode doesn't show it and Dr. Kox's reaction to it made it seem like it was somebody else who died.

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's an incredible episode of You're the Worst that deals with Edgar's PTSD. Another one: Barry (from Barry) talking about justified murder in a Shakespeare play with the rest of his class.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
This isn't actually a sad moment at all, but in the last epsiode of Parks and Rec when (I guess I'll spoiler tag it?)
everyone is posing for the pic together at the very end

...I cry like a baby EVERY fucking time.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

and we're done

He was dead the entire episode. Only Dr. Kox saw him, every scene in that episode works if Ben wasn't in the scene because only Dr. Kox interacts with him. The implication was that Dr. Kox couldn't deal with the death of his best friend so he was in denial the whole time. Ben died in JD's care but the episode doesn't show it and Dr. Kox's reaction to it made it seem like it was somebody else who died.

Cox

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
One Day at a Time basically has one nearly every episode.

Watched the season 2 episode last night when Elena confronted her dad on his homophobia

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mob Psycho 100 does this several times but one of the best is when Mob admits that he knew what Reigen really was since they first me. A genuinely good guy