• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Welcome to the First ERA Confessember. I'm your new host, neoak. Please bear with me as I had to dust off the keys NTGYK handed me.

The time:

Confessions will be posted starting November 1st 00:01 UTC+14 to December 3rd 23:59 UTC-12*

The how:

Send secret confessions to eraconfessional [at] gmail (dot) com

(hi KF peeps, sorry you get confused with the chans)

I'll check it periodically and post them here.
Look for an anonymous emailer out there. As is tradition, I will not post email addresses. But if you don't want it coming back to you take some care of your own identity.

The rules:
1. Try to keep it as clean as possible.
2. Don't make stuff up.
3. Don't admit to anything seriously illegal. You can and will get in trouble. Anonymity only goes so far.
4. None of this "then a couple of guys who were up to no good..." crap.
5. Don't make stuff up.
6. Remember detective... ERA?: Don't put anything out there that you don't want public.
7. Anything emailed has the consent to be posted.
8. Don't post anything that would make ERA liable.
9. Be nice.
10. Don't make stuff up.
11. If you've been banned, I'm not pleading to the mods on your behalf. Posting that is the quickest way to get this whole shindig shut down.
12. I'm not a games journalist. This isn't a place to send your fake scoops. You can contact Kotaku/Polygon for that. Heck, it might even be a chapter in Jason Schreier's next book if its something real.
13. Please do not send me confessions in .doc or .pdf form. I will not open attachments. Please put your confession in the email text box and send it.
14. Don't make stuff up.

And for the new forum:

15. Do not ask about registrations.
16. I am not going to reply back from the email.

I am joined by series veteran CesspolofHatred. He has been an integral part of previous versions of the confessional in the past. Please give him a warm welcome.

giphy.gif

Table of Contents

Last edited:

DeusOcha

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Osaka, Japan
Oh? Well this should be interesting. Also people send true stories and don't make shit up. The tradition died last year due to someone revealed to make shit up, wasn't cool at all.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Darn. All the stuff that's even remotely interesting about me is very unclean and/or illegal. I guess I'm out.

CesspoolofHatred

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
neoak

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, yeah, Nov 1 to Nov 30. Forgot.

Darn. All the stuff that's even remotely interesting about me is very unclean and/or illegal. I guess I'm out.

We had cumfessor, uh...Soulfucker, sister-fucker and other "personalities". And those were the recent ones. During the ronito years, we got the doozy. That was messed up.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Please please please no fake shit.

But fuck yeah, love these confessional threads.

Juan29.Zapata

Oct 25, 2017
Colombia
Since we're remembering confessions, I gotta admit: the racist teacher is the one that most infuriates and makes me want to punch a wall. I hope that one was a fake one, because fuck.

lovelyperson

Oct 25, 2017
Since we're remembering confessions, I gotta admit: the racist teacher is the one that most infuriates and makes me want to punch a wall. I hope that one was a fake one, because fuck.

Racist teacher was legitimately infuriating and if that dude was real, I still hope they got removed from their position. Shit was fucked up...
but I'm excited to see the crazy we get this year.

pls more sister-fucker, that was the best kind of weird.

kaisere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So forgive me if this is a dumbass question, I never have participated in the non-game side of the forum before, but what types of stuff are people looking for with these?

theaface

Oct 25, 2017
Yes! Woke up to a new forum, a new (excellent) Sunhi gif and the confessional thread is back...

I think... I think everything's going to be a-ok.