• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

EarthBound64

User was permanently banned at own request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
Being charitable I could see the situation actually having happened in the past and he's playing it off as something happening right now. It just isn't feeling right to me though, regardless of any proof.

This is how I feel about it currently. It might have happened some time ago, but the confessor knows enough to insert in relevant information to make it more interesting.

It's actually happening now.

Alimnassor

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Workplace guy: Welp.

Dude who is falling for a girl 10 years younger: provided she is of consenting age, why is this a problem? Age is just a number. I think we had someone in here in the thread earlier who is 28 dating an 18 year old. Again, fuck what society says is the rules. Do you love her? Does she love you? Is it legal (back to the consenting question)? If yes, then enjoy your life and realize that love finds a way.

Age isn't a number. An 18 and 28 year old are both in different stages of life. Theres no chance at making it work. A lot of people change rapidly during that time.

EarthBound64

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
Age isn't a number. An 18 and 28 year old are both in different stages of life. Theres no chance at making it work. A lot of people change rapidly during that time.

Oh, alright, I'll just go tell my 21-year-old girlfriend who's 13 years younger than me that it won't work because numbers and person on a message board said so.
...Oh, wait, no I won't, because I can actually talk to and understand people, and I want to be happy.

Oct 26, 2017
You are incorrect.

Oh, alright, I'll just go tell my 21-year-old girlfriend who's 13 years younger than me that it won't work because numbers and person on a message board said so.
...Oh, wait, no I won't, because I can actually talk to and understand people, and I want to be happy.
Thank you for providing evidence.

Oct 25, 2017

There's a friend I used to work with turning 50 with a 25 year old girlfriend. Also, coming from someone in their mid/late 30s, 10 years doesn't mean much at all. Hell, even my grandparents were 13 years apart and that must have worked out well enough.

There's also that. Just did some math in my head--I've dated a range of 14 years from my own over the years. Older, younger, taller, shorter, bigger,smaller-- it's about the quality of the connection.

Oct 25, 2017
China
I'm falling for a girl ten years my junior and this mixture of guilt and admiration is doing a number on me, please god give her a boyfriend so i can put an end to this confusion. Shit shouold have been in the grow old manual

My wife is ten years younger than me, happy not to think like you guys and be like Earthbound 64.

EarthBound64

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
Also, another thought on that:

I'm falling for a girl ten years my junior and this mixture of guilt and admiration is doing a number on me, please god give her a boyfriend so i can put an end to this confusion.

There's nothing here indicating the girl has any interest in him in the slightest.
So, it very well could just be an older guy thirsting after a younger girl who has no interest in him, and he's just looking for an excuse to say "Alright, her having a boyfriend [or whatever] is why I can't be with her" as opposed to "I can't be with her because she has no interest in me."

Just saiyan.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
My only confession is that I participated in previous confession threads talking about the shit I went through as a kid, and it resulted in the guy posting the confession to completely berate me, resulting in me never posting anonymous/open confession again.

Some garbage like "OHH YOU WERE SEXUALLY ABUSED. BOO HOO. YOU WERE USED? BOO HOO" or something shit like that. Made my blood boil; instead of getting a solace, it just showed me that if anonymous confession gets me shit then I should never open up about myself to people I know. Not the right thinking but that was my rationale.

Anyways, you guys are all cool though!

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
lol, would have been funny if a real veteran realized and nut-punched you before eating your chicken.

JackSwift

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
When I was 31, I dated a girl who was 21 for about 2 years. It didn't work out in the end, but that was more because we worked together rather than the age difference. She made me feel younger and I made her feel older, we used to say.

Also, last year when I was 34, I briefly dated an 18 year old. That I can definitely say was too big of an age difference to me, we just couldn't make it work past the physical attraction into an actual romantic relationship, so we mutually decided to just end it.

Maybe I should have confessed these things anonymously. Oh well.

Amirai

Oct 27, 2017
Its a thing. My family used to think there was something wrong with me when I just lay there for hours on my bed staring at the ceiling. Basically I can escape in my own mind to my own worlds I've created. Its incredibly... incredibly addictive. I've tried quitting it but to no avail, its too rich of great bag of emotions to pass up. I've created all sorts of stories in my mind about how to be a hero or how to be an anti-hero etc. Its all leaning on the goal of creating that powerful emotion like power or love. My husband of 13 years still doesn't know, in fact, my daydreaming is the real reason why we sleep in separate bedrooms. And for the record, I'm a very happy content person. Hell, put me in isolation, I got my daydreams to help me literally escape the reality. My real reality is just too harsh to think about, then again, probably not that many people could relate to me at all.

I have very vivid daydreams too, and also often use them as escapism from a difficult situation. Try writing or making them via art! I make some of mine through comics and prose. :)

I don't really have a group of people I would feel comfortable talking to about this, nor do I have the money to talk to someone about it so you guys will have to do.

I don't know who I am. There are 2 things that make me question who I am.

I, as of this moment, identify as a straight male. I am comfortable with who I am, for the most part. I find women attractive. I am not sexually attracted to men in the slightest. However, I find penises visually pleasing. I would like to have sex with someone else with a penis, but as I said before I don't find men sexually appealing.

Secondly, there are times I find my self wishing I was a woman. There are time where I'd like to feel cute and wear makeup and a dress. I would like someone to just hold me. I wish I had the hips and the breasts. At the moment, I am sitting here wearing a cute romper and some breast forms and I feel happy.

The thing is, I flip flop on this. Sometimes I am content as a man, sometimes I would like to feel like a beautiful woman. Sometimes my moods/feelings change during the day, and sometimes I go stretches of time without feeling one or the other, but I like feeling both.

Like I said, I don't feel like I could bring it up to my friends or family, partly because I don't feel any of them are particularly LBGT friendly, and feel like they would ridicule me, either to my face or behind my back, so I come to you.

Sounds like you might be genderfluid, which means your gender isn't fixed. It can swap between male, female and a mix of both.

Last edited:

NTGYK

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Confession.png

I call this "Waiting for Cumfessor".

NTGYK

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
oh please :p

It was one of those sad ones and I'll leave it at that. Nothing spicy to find there either.

But um... I did once steal from a classroom as a kid. I was the kind of kid you'd never suspect and I felt really good about that, but I never did it again. I still have the thing tho. That's some sweet bell pepper for you.

The human tendency to engage in schadenfreude and become obsessed with catastrophe and lascivious details generally means that tales that aren't steeped in human misery and wrecked with carnage sometimes aren't given the attention they deserve, and it is truly unfortunate that some confessions get buried or get ignored. When I posted confessions, I read every single one and would reply (if I was ever callous or flippant, I apologize). NeOak does the same, he reads every single one, so at least you know that at least one person has read it and understood where you're coming from (whether they agree or not).

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
I'm in the minority here, but IMO cumfessor is all played out.

I'm sure there are better erotic fiction writers around on this forum. :)

meow

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Workplace/assistant confessor: you and your assistant are both shitheads. It doesn't even seem like you feel bad.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Glad to see this thread revived. I feared we wouldn't see it again after the lilithepale incident on the other site but hopefully we get back on track this year!

EarthBound64

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
Confession.png

I call this "Waiting for Cumfessor".

I'm in the minority here, but IMO cumfessor is all played out.

Speak for yourself.
We need more people like "Cumfessor"
;)

Workplace/assistant confessor: you and your assistant are both shitheads. It doesn't even seem like you feel bad.

How can it when he has strangers cheering him on on the internet?

We're obviously not getting a complete picture here. And it's easy to sit and judge others.
I don't agree with cheating, but my views on things are also different since my divorce. You need to ensure that you're in the right situation for yourself.

*Thinks to himself* I'm gonna need to take a shower now :(

You mean you're not your avatar?

5192.jpg

Darn, I need to stop thinking people are their avatars.

...On the other hand, my avatar is an 8-year-old boy and a dog.

meow

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
We're obviously not getting a complete picture here. And it's easy to sit and judge others.
I don't agree with cheating, but my views on things are also different since my divorce. You need to ensure that you're in the right situation for yourself.
If the confessor wants to give the complete picture, then he can go ahead. Until then, I'm going to judge him on what I've been presented with. Why should I give him the benefit of the doubt on anything? And you can figure out the "right situation" for yourself without being a complete tool to other people in your life.

EarthBound64

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut

EarthBound64

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
Well, I thought the implication was in your response. Sorry if I read that in.

No worries. Obviously we're all just judging with the information that we have, and are each going to do it through our own lenses. Given the limited format of these confessionals, I can see where the guy's coming from. But everyone's certainly free to come to their own conclusions based on what we've been given.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
You mean you're not your avatar?

5192.jpg

Darn, I need to stop thinking people are their avatars.

...On the other hand, my avatar is an 8-year-old boy and a dog.

Lol. Not sure if you're serious, but yeah my schtick in the other place were avatars of famous girl singers in the EDM scene, and I would switch avys every 3rd month (which I've been lacking). My current avy is of Phoebe Ryan.

EarthBound64

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
Lol. Not sure if you're serious, but yeah my schtick in the other place were avatars of famous girl singers in the EDM scene, and I would switch avys every 3rd month (which I've been lacking). My current avy is of Phoebe Ryan.

Yeah, serious, I'm horrible at placing where people's avatars are from / tracking avatar changes.

Yup. Looks like pretty standard "cake and eat it" to me.

My view on it (shaped/colored by my own personal experiences, of course) is something along the lines of "look before you leap"/"a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" (no innuendo intended).
Yeah, it's kind of a jerk thing to do. But, tossing something away without knowing if something else was going to work is a difficult situation.

HammerFace

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My only confession is that I participated in previous confession threads talking about the shit I went through as a kid, and it resulted in the guy posting the confession to completely berate me, resulting in me never posting anonymous/open confession again.

Some garbage like "OHH YOU WERE SEXUALLY ABUSED. BOO HOO. YOU WERE USED? BOO HOO" or something shit like that. Made my blood boil; instead of getting a solace, it just showed me that if anonymous confession gets me shit then I should never open up about myself to people I know. Not the right thinking but that was my rationale.

Wow that's really fucking shitty. Like I don't care if that ruins confessember, if the person posting confessions does that shit I would hope they get banned.

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, it's kind of a jerk thing to do. But, tossing something away without knowing if something else was going to work is a difficult situation.
Oh I get it... I just think it's weak as fuck.

Plus, automatically the person you're getting with will always know that you could just as easily do it to them.

Edit - For what it's worth, I told my (now wife) that I wouldn't get involved with her until she ended her current relationship. So I do practice what I preach. lol

NTGYK

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Wow that's really fucking shitty. Like I don't care if that ruins confessember, if the person posting confessions does that shit I would hope they get banned.

Oh man, I wonder if I did that. I honestly don't remember. If I did, why on earth would I have said that? Shao Kahn, I don't remember having done that, but if I did, I apologize.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
This is very true. 18 year old is still very much developing. Someone 10 year older than them is in a position to easily take advantage of their weaknesses. Yeah it's not illegal, but still. 18 year old is barely an adult. When both parties are well into their twenties atleast the situation changes a lot. 25 and 35 for example is entirely different thing.

And this isn't to accuse anyone here for being a predator or taking an advantage of their loved one. But still the situation should be recognized and to monitor own behaviour.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I'll confess something very minor from when I was a kid. My aunt had a kiosk and I was very often there with her, for example in situations when my parents were at work or something like that. I stole candy from the backroom boxes. This is also silly in the sense that I probably just had to ask and I would have got it. It's not like she didn't always offer me sweets too. Not sure why I didn't just ask, maybe I didn't just want to seem like I was begging. Since I was teached not to. My parents were always trying to refuse money on my behalf too when my relatives were to give some and teached me to do the same.

Edit: I also pursued a woman who was engaged. I gave very little thought to the other guy and he even once caught me when I was visiting their apartment. As he was supposed to be at work, but took a sick day. I think it was because he was suspicious. He had seen me lurking around earlier times when he was going for work. To my defense and her defense, she was very unhappy. Not that I would have ended up making her happy either, we were together for about 2 years. And she never actually cheated him with me, they broke up before we went any further with the relationship. Unless I'm misremembering, she did cheat him with another guy earlier though.

Last edited:

EarthBound64

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
Oh I get it... I just think it's weak as fuck.

Plus, automatically the person you're getting with will always know that you could just as easily do it to them.

Edit - For what it's worth, I told my (now wife) that I wouldn't get involved with her until she ended her current relationship. So I do practice what I preach. lol

Yeah, there are obviously a whole host of issues, and I'm not hand-waving them away or anything.

The second point, about "the person you're getting with will always know that you could just as easily do it to them" though, I don't agree. Just to use an extreme example (and to be clear, this isn't related to the present situation at all. Also, I'm not the confessor, if that wasn't obvious) - if the reason you're doing this is because your spouse abuses you, I think it's easy enough to say "Yeah, if you abuse me I might do this to you as well... But, assuming you don't, there's no reason to worry."

Just my 2 cents.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia

That's some bullshit. I don't think that kind of behaviour will fly here, but that obviously doesn't change the experience you already had. Props for sharing what you went through in that old thread, because just knowing other survivors exist can make all the difference in the world to people who've had similar experiences. You might have helped someone who read your post in ways you'll never know.