• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you remember ronito?

• Yes

Votes: 380 52.6%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.1%
  • roni-who?

Votes: 108 15.0%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 183 25.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
neoak

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Daily reminder to send your deepest secrets anonymously to the confessional

GatsGatsby

Oct 27, 2017
West Columbia, SC
Oh man its best time of the year. Last year I would read confesions to my SO and he would just sit there and questioned my sanity. He's working overseas this year but anything good I'm gonna link it.

There is no escape.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
This thread is currently the, "we got to an age where we don't play games as much as we used to."

27, probably plays games about..... 2-3 times a month now.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Video games are ruining my life (I'm actually ruining my life) and I've been here for 5 years. Wassup.

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
Miss Ronito, as an ex-mormon his posts in the ex-mo thread at the old place kept me up to date on what was happening in that world.

I do hope for less franchise confessors. Always skip over those and they get dull. Hoping for another doozy or HIVman this go around.

MrT

Oct 27, 2017
tumblr_liebpzbCOv1qdkf2k.gif

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is like that part of Christmas day as a kid where you're waiting for the adults to wake the fuck up so you can get at them presents

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is why I get out of bed in the morning!

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Well, let's get this going already.

OP
OP
neoak

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
I did not make a great first impression on the man who is now my father-in-law.

My wife, who was my girlfriend at the time of this happening, had never had a serious relationship before me. Her dad was always concerned about other guys around his daughter, and was very protective of her.

She finally told her dad that she was dating someone after several weeks of us being together. Naturally, her dad was very apprehensive and stressed out by this, and that caused some fighting between them. She was stressed out by this, too, but finally her dad agreed to have me over for dinner one day so we could finally meet.

I stopped by her house earlier that day to visit her. The house was empty except for the two of us, so we eventually got to fooling around. I mentioned that she hadn't had a serious relationship before me, and neither had she had sex with anyone else, too, before me. As we started dating, we found out together that she was a screamer, and a loud one at that. That day, she was screaming particularly loud while we were having some fun.

Her dad happened to have come home early that day. We could tell because he intentionally stomped on the floor above us. He had heard us.

Era, I nearly became a fucking ghost from that scare. We threw on our clothes as fast as possible... and then just sat in the basement in a state of panic. Her dad continued to make himself heard through the stomping. He was waiting for us.

After some deliberation, we came up with a plan on what to tell her dad. I can't even remember what the specifics were, but it was a plan that we were going to execute together. We went upstairs to meet him.

The man was red with fury and embarrassment. He's not a physically imposing man, but he put the fucking fear of god in me with his expression that day. We stared at him, and forgot our plan.

After an eternity of awkward staring, my wife introduced me to her dad. I stepped so very carefully to him, and shook his hand. My brain then went on autopilot, and I said that I must be going now.

I gave my wife a hug, said to her dad that it was nice to meet him, grabbed my shoes, and walked outside without putting them on. I drove home barefoot, and only started calming down once I got home.

This is my confession. I abandoned my then-girlfriend-at-the-time to her dad's rage at coming home and hearing his princess getting the royal treatment. This was the first time I met my future father-in-law.

I did not return to her house for months. It just couldn't be done. I was a coward then when it came to her dad, and if I had to relive that, I'd do the exact same fucking thing again.

Over the years, I have reconciled my relationship with him. He's now one of my favorite people. I don't know if he secretly still thinks of me as a rat bastard for how we first met

So you shook the hand of your father-in-law with the same hand of which fingers had been inside his daughter?

Last edited:
OP
OP
neoak

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
I'm from a country where the passport is a literal life sentence. You'd be lucky to get into another third-world country, and almost all first-world countries laugh at my passport if I ask them for a visa.

I'm a gay man who has been in a long distance relationship with a guy in the US for 3 years. Every month since last year, I have tried everything to try and close the distance between us but everytime I try it fails because we fall short of 1 small detail or the other. (2 years were for study)

Before I met him, I told myself if I am still single by 30, I'd just kill myself before being put through the prospect of marrying a woman and creating a family based on lies between me and a woman and raising a kid I may or may not love. (Not out to family and can't because of them being extremely religious)

I turned 30 a day ago and I can already say that it's only the prospect of my boyfriend keeping me afloat. The second he dumps me or we break up, I won't hesitate to pull the trigger on me. I live with a toxic family and I'm just lucky I barely have the money I need to find my avenues of trying to leave my country legally through various programs.

I'm too old to ever find anyone like him and I don't want to go through dating in my 30s again. I abhor myself to where I haven't bathed in 2 weeks, I barely eat, and I just get home after work, and research on the progress of the thing I'm trying to do and if there is something new I can try I get to it. I don't feel I'm worth the hot water in the house. It could mean my brother, sister or mom not having water for themselves conveniently when they want to shower as I shower and I feel even worse about myself.

I work and earn more than my 2 brothers and sisters combined even though I'm the 2nd youngest. Despite all of them working longer than me.

I'm just posting this cause me oversharing with my boyfriend has led to me depressing him. He doesn't say it, but he is tired of me trying and failing again. The last thing I want is for him to give up hope on me. I've already lost hope on myself while I'm in my homeland, if I push him too far, I'm afraid of losing him.

I have 2 master's degrees and I consider myself confident in what I do in my field. But if I could leave my body and kill myself, I would do it in a heartbeat. Id trade everything I have just to be with my boyfriend in the US.

My friends tell me I matter. They're in other countries. Making what I make in a year in a month. And I've peaked in my career. There is no growth for me here unless I give in to the corruption and greed of my field.

One of my favorite video games of all time opens with "listen to my story ... This maybe our last chance"

From here on. It's a flip of the coin. If this thread happens again, maybe I'll post another confession with a positive update, or maybe you won't hear from me again. Just please, don't make the mistake I did. Don't destroy your mind, body and soul who won't give 2 shits about you if you drop dead. I thought this was just the rule when choosing a job, but it also applies to famil

Do not give up confessor. 2 Master degrees is nothing to scoff at, and your ethics are to be applauded.

Good luck in your endeavor, and please do not give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.