• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What say you ERA, do you celebrate v-day? If so, what do you have planned?

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
First v-day in a decade where I won't be in a committed relationship!

Funnily enough, I've been trying to be more festive about these types of holidays and this new person I'm seeing isn't interested in the day lol.

SpecX

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
First v-day in my new relationship. We both agreed not to do anything the day of, but planning some of the typical stuff people do. Already got the ok to decorate her desk, just gotta sneak away tonight and get that done so she'll be surprised.

We'll most likely exchange gifts tomorrow and plan a dinner next week when things settle down.

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We agreed not to celebrate it as our anniversary and birthdays are too damn close to justify more gifts and fancy dining. Plus restaurants are really full, it sucks.

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV
Making my wife her favorite home made mac n cheese casserole thing that I usually reserve for big family holidays cause it's her absolute favorite. We're a bit tight on cash this year so I wrote her a love poem this year, with the promise to get her the new curling iron she desperately needs at the next viable payday.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Wife and I are gonna go to our favorite sushi restaurant and then go home and cuddle our dog. The best way to spend V Day.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I completely forgot it was Valentine's today tomorrow. Lol Probably posting on here impatiently waiting for my new PC to arrive. :/

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
im taking my dog to the vet that day and she has some allergies to one of the shots so i have to keep an eye on her, so were not doing anything that evening. maybe take out

next day ill make her a baked ziti or something. plus i ordered flowers to her office which is a massive rip off and a trend i wish i didn't start when we started dating.

trajon

Dec 5, 2017
Just an "At Home Date" as my fiance love to call them. She specifically requested I cook lobster tail on Valentine's a few weeks ago so I have that along with Filets/Artichoke/Mushrooms for a nice meal. Otherwise, we'll likely end up watching one of the many movies we are behind on like John Wick 3 or Bohemian Raphsody.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't have anyone like that.

That said, someone's doing some sort of stupid cupid questionnaire thing at my school and I filled it out, so I might get matched with somebody.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
valentines-day-is-boring-instead-celebrate-the-anniversary-of-hawaiians-18742864.png

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My wife and I are going to see the sonic movie with my brother and his girlfriend.
We never cared too much about the holiday and think its a funny way to spend the evening

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We agreed to drop all the commercial bullshit this year......

Unless that was a trap.....

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
I'm single and I believe that if you're with somebody then you should be nice and caring to them throughout the year instead of just one day. HOWEVER.... I ain't stupid and I do that Valentine's Day is a perfect day for.... fun things to happen. Baby, I'm excited!!! ;D

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
We're celebrating on Sunday. Plan is go for a hike in the morning, come home and clean up, go to a V-Day brunch and drink all afternoon and then bang and take a nap. Sunday night we'll just catch up on shows.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Nothing on VDay itself but have dinner reservations Saturday (2-15) and got my wife roses being delivered tomorrow.

We are going on vacation soon and we never really put much stock into the holiday. The flowers has been something I've done since we were in college.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Girlfriend don't like the cold. The outside is gonna be cold on V day by her standards. So I think getting some candy together at a grocery store and then back to my place to binge shows all day under a blanket is what's on the docket lol.

Might try to see if we can go Roller Skating when it gets late though! That's always fun

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
My GF told me that she don't celebrate Valentines, yesterday she asked me what we were going to do and I told her I had to work.

She got mad at me.

OP
OP
finalflame

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My GF told me that she don't celebrate Valentines, yesterday she asked me what we were going to do and I told her I had to work.

She got mad at me.
Yikes. I feel for you on this one. It's always a trap, so even though we have not explicitly discussed it, I am operating under the assumption my gf (first year doing v-day) does, in fact, want something to be done. Thinking of a romantic dinner of something she really likes followed by a heated oil massage or something. Romantic evening, etc etc

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I think we're getting take out and gonna watch Knives Out once the baby is asleep. Fucking hate valentine's day.

She got mad at me.

Yep, that's happened with me in my life.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We both agreed no gifts (Ill still get her flowers) and no expensive dining out, but I'll cook Boeuf Bourguignon for the familia, alongside salad Lyonnaise and a Fraisier cake for desert.

Oct 27, 2017
We got an AirBnB on a fun little island with lots of cute boutique farms and whatnot.

Do some hiking and cheese tasting during the day, nice dinner in town, then back to the cottage.

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No partner sad day. My friend's birthday is Saturday but he works early Sunday morning, so his wife said they can do birthday stuff Friday night which is awesome, my other friends who are couples are doing this instead too so it's nice for me and the other single guy to have them to hang with.

Then Saturday I'll go to the movies and get drunk alone which is good by me.

Oct 27, 2017
No partner sad day. My friend's birthday is Saturday but he works early Sunday morning, so his wife said they can do birthday stuff Friday night which is awesome, my other friends who are couples are doing this instead too so it's nice for me and the other single guy to have them to hang with.

Then Saturday I'll go to the movies and get drunk alone which is good by me.
What movie?

Oct 27, 2017
I think I'm gonna hit a late showing of Fantasy Island, then see Sonic Sunday.

I'm planning a general movie binge of a bunch of stuff I missed because my ex didn't want to see them. Sicario, Arrival, Grand Budapest Hotel, The Revenant are all on the docket for this weekend too.
Those are all awesome movies haha enjoy. Your ex sounds like they had terrible taste anyway.

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
My girlfriend's had a pretty busy week so we're not gonna do much on Friday. My roommate is going out with some of his friends so we should be able to have a chill night in.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
My wife doesn't even recognize Valentine's Day since it's also my birthday. She has something planned for me, and has asked her parents to take our child for the night. Knowing her, it won't be romantic crap but something we'll both find fun.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't have much to do romantically but I'm going on a stargazing trip with a local club. I'll be out at a cabin away from the city all weekend.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
We're going to be making a nice dinner for two.