• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Arsin

Oct 28, 2017
I bought my SO a Groupon for a haircut in the D.C. area and we are going out to eat at a board game cafe. It should be a good night overall.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
Sent some really nice flowers to my girl at her job. Probably won't hang tomorrow, but Saturday we will hit up the city and grab dinner.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Imma get my SO a box of chocolates, give her said box, and then politely wait until I am offered one of them chocolates

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
My partner and I traditionally do a dinner a few days in advance or a few days after to avoid crowds. We did ours on Monday night.

I'll probably get my partner some chocolates at the grocery store this morning when I get off my night shift, too.

We never actually celebrate on the day itself — neither of us like being among the shuffle of crowds doing the same exact thing as everyone else. It's just inconvenient for an experience that's pretty typical — we have dinner dates just impulsively. In other words, trying to go out to dinner just feels extra inconvenient by the fact that it is Valentine's Day. But we do celebrate, just days before or after.

Last edited:

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
I'm in California, my fiancée is in South Dakota.

Life fucking sucks right now.

I'd give anything to be back with her.

😥

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
We went out today as a kind of Valentine's thing. Did Pliny the Younger. On the day of we stay inside, cook a dope dinner, together watch a movie, and do the dirty.

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London
First Valentine's in a relationship for me.

My girlfriend is cooking dinner and then we're going to go to bed... 😏

Ary F.

Oct 30, 2017
The only dates I've been making as of late are in court before a judge.

I'm in law school lmaokillmepls

SchuckyDucky

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
My fiancé and I are making a heart shaped pizza at home and then eating sweets while watching "When Harry Met Sally".

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
I handcrafted a card and wrote a poem for this girl I've been seeing lately. I've also bought a fancy new vibrator for us to play with. That's said I've been sick the past couple of days and also work tonight so we won't be celebrating until Sunday.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
She's supposed to figure out everything this year so it's going to be a surprise for me.

Still I planned to take her to a nice place making fluffy pancakes Saturday morning for a small brunch.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
wife is working nights all weekend, so i had some roses sent and i'll make sure there's a few slices of hummingbird cake from magnolias in the fridge when she wakes up

hockeypuck

Oct 29, 2017
Heading to a kaiseki restaurant tonight and then to her place afterwards. We've already looked at the menu and she pointed out that one of the dishes is an aphrodisiac 😏

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
On my lunch break I'm running home quick (apartment is two blocks from my office) to prepare a sous vide Ribeye steak for my girlfriend. It will be a 6 hour immersion at 135 degF and finished off with a skillet sear. I'll also be doing diced potatoes with parsley, indian rice and broccoli.

Afterwards we'll share a bubble bath with some cheap wine. I'm 6'3 so the bath part isn't pleasant for me in the slightest considering that I can't lay my legs flat at all.

The things we do for love.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Nothing special today planned

We went out on her birthday few days ago and will be having another date on my birthday next Saturday.

But I plan to surprise her with something today for sure

OP
OP
finalflame

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Guess I should chime in on my own thread, since I finally got my shit together. I have a three course seafood dinner planned (her fave), and probably offer a candlelit hot oil massage (also her fave). Other than that just gonna surprise her with a valentine's plant instead of flowers as plants are more her jam and also have more staying power.

'tis about it.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
3rd date tonight with a girl I met on a dating app at the end of January. We're going to a local Video Game/Pinball arcade and then getting food afterwards :)

NeverWas

Feb 28, 2019
We're trying to save money, so nothing major this year. Went out to a nice dinner last night (she works all weekend), and gave her a 128g thumbdrive loaded with all the music we've ever listened to together. She gave me some boxers (that I asked for lol) and some puzzles for us to work on together.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Wife and I make a point to buy each other either a stupid or revolting card and at some point in the next 3 months go out for 5 guys in the name of fake love day.

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
Nope.
I made some tacos, but for myself.
He can have the leftovers though.. True love.

On our first valentines 16 years ago, his mom made him buy me gifts, even though he told her I wasn't really that kind of girl.. lol
She did not believe so she kinda bought some cutesy stuff for him to give me
I mean, it was nice of her but it was not needed and I truly don't care about the day. I do like the candy that gets discounted shortly after, but that I can buy myself. xD

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Made a reservation at a place on the water in Ft. Lauderdale, bought her some lingerie from Intimissimi. Is that enough or should I also get flowers? 0% of the time in my thirty years on this planet has this holiday ever been for me.

Paches

Oct 25, 2017
Lady and I accidentally scheduled a first date for tonight. Not sure if bad or good omen.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
First V-Day in a new relationship. It's a pretty different feeling coming from a four year long relationship where we completely ignored the day but I'm actually excited over it.

Nice dinner (made reservations a week ago), probably go get some dessert somewhere and then going to try and squeeze Sonic in there afterwards, lol.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
My wife and I made a dinner reservation at a restaurant, so we are going to that.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mini-golf and then cooking up steaks at home. We didn't really intend for this, but the steak we picked up was in the exact shape of a heart. We'll be taking pictures lol.

After that we're probably watching Ever After. We both love the movie and we didn't find anything better when we were searching around on streaming services yesterday.

BarefootTea

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who has never eaten chocolate, which brand should I get for my SO?

Choose something with quality cocoa and simple ingredients. Ingredients such as: cocoa beans, cocoa butter, sugar, milk (maybe), and an emulsifier (maybe) such as soy/sunflower lecithin, and add-ins (such as nuts, salt, etc).

Chocolove is quality chocolate, widely available at a decent price point. Cadbury and Dove are also descent choices if I recall. Lots of small artisan chocolates are going to fit the bill as well.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She likes cards, bought her four dozen roses, some dinner. Sex would be a bonus but our sick cat has taken over my wife's thoughts.

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
We went out for Pizza and in bed by 8:30. We had hour long sex a week ago so we are exhausted.
We've been together for 30 yrs.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
We ordered food from one of our fave restaurants via DoorDash and then we're gonna watch a couple movies (she chose a Punjabi romantic comedy, I chose Mad Max Fury Road 🤣)

That's about it lol

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
We went to a nice French restaurant. About $330 after tax and tip for a 5 course meal and a bottle of wine. It was worth it.

We rarely treat ourselves and had recently achieved some good financial milestones, so we figured we could treat ourselves and not feel guilty afterwards.

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He lives in another city, so I surprised him with a flower delivery and Uber Eats. We're watching a movie over video chat now.

eosos

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Valentine's Day is dope - haters are just boring. We're doing drinks and a nice dinner. Celebrating some recent promotions too, so emphasis on the drinks!