• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
Traveling Wednesday night and got some graduation money to burn for a game or two to play on my 20 hr flight. What should I buy era?

Have:
Breath of the Wild for Wii U (11/10)
Mario Odyssey (10)
Let's Go Eevee (8.5)
Diablo 3 (7.5)
Starlink (7.5)
Smash Bros(10)
Cuphead (8.5)
Shovel Knight (10)
Hollow Knight (9)
Blossom Tales (8)
Sonic Mania (9)
Overcooked2 (8)
Resident Evil Rev 1 (8)
Golf Story (didn't like golf tho)

Interested in but not sure:
Botw for Switch for table top mode lol
Hyrule Warriors
Guacamelee 2
Resident Evil 4 if it has motion controls
Megaman X collection
Adventure games

Not interested in:
$60 last gen port that aren't BotW or Hyrule Warriors

Or should I just buy Breath of the Wild again and experience in table top mode?

Oct 25, 2017
Binding of Isaac. Either it'll last you the whole trip or you'll hate it for the first hour and put it down. Really depends on what you're into. Roguelike that sometimes, through luck, gives you really weird and creative OP shit to do. Feels good. Best game.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I say get Xenoblade 2. It'll make the flight, well, fly by. Either that or Mega Man 11.

Johnny Cicala

Dec 8, 2017
Dead Cells, Enter the Gungeon or Into the Breach, depending if you prefer metroidvanias, ttwin stick shooters or puzzle/tactic games.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
cq5dam.thumbnail.319.319.png

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is my favorite of the Switch library and easily a must-play, IMHO.

OP
OP
Yoshimitsu126

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States

Yee

Dec 15, 2018
Binding of Isaac. Either it'll last you the whole trip or you'll hate it for the first hour and put it down. Really depends on what you're into. Roguelike that sometimes, through luck, gives you really weird and creative OP shit to do. Feels good. Best game.

Gonna piggback off this and throw in Enter the Gungeon as well. Both really good games that you can sink hundreds of hours into.

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Picross man. Which one? ALL OF THEM. But then you have enough content for 200 hours.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
I'm not sure if your interests line up, but I bought the below games for a couple of 10 hour flights a month or two back:

Baba is You: clever puzzles which require logic and thinking (in fact, thinking takes up most of the time). Very rewarding when you work out the answer.
Golf Peaks: I know you said you don't like golf, but this is more of a puzzle game where you have two get the ball into the hole on a grid system using certain moves in limited quantity. A nice palette cleanser.
The Banner Saga Trilogy: Turn based strategy game with a good story to get invested into, and a fantastic Austin Wintory score. Plus it's nice and lengthy.

Oct 25, 2017
The only downside to buying Baba is You for a plane flight is how much time you'll just sit there and stare at it like a complete moron until you figure it out, then do it again. It's a great game but I think it'd give you an awful headache.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
Since it's in your "interested in" list, I'm going to say hyrule warriors. It could hold you over for the entire 20 hours and you won't even scratch the surface on all of the content. What is it that you are unsure about for it?

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
RE4 at a fair price with motion controls would be ideal and amazing but in this reality neither are happening so I'd recommend buying BotW again lol. I did and didn't regret it at all.

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Well its at night so I'm probably gonna sleep first. Smash bros. Then watch dl netflix shows. Then sleep again. I had a hard time playing my 3ds on flights before but it maybe due to handcramps and playing old games.

Makes sense, might as well get something you could feasibly finish in your playtime. Maybe Donut County?

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It ain't the tightest port ever but you can give Saints Row 3 a shot. It's one of the most over-the-top, hilarious and exciting open world action games ever, with an escalation of insanity like few others - and the first scenes are already full-on bonkers. I'm playing through it again on the Switch now after completing it on the 360 back in the day and I have to say it aged pretty well, too. It ain't no GTAV mechanically but it's much more absurd, which is a huge bonus.