• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uncleslappy

Oct 28, 2017
NJ
All good suggestions, I would just say to be careful about motion controlled games on a flight. The motion of the plane may throw off your movements. Not as pronounced as in a car, but it could be an issue.

Nov 1, 2017
FL, United States
Final Fantasy VII is a phenomenal JRPG that just patched out a few glaring technical issues on the Switch port (including the music reset bug). You may not finish it in one flight but you certainly won't have to worry about being bored. That being said, you may want to find a guide before you go.

Plainsong

Oct 28, 2017
United Kingdom
The two best experiences I've had when flying are with Skyrim and Ace Attorney. Time literally does fly with those games. I found games like Isaac and Celeste too stressful on a cramped plane and I couldn't play them for long sessions (I love them both though). If I had to pick just one I'd go for Ace Attorney because it's quite a chill game but always fun and engaging.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Funnily enough, I just grabbed three Switch games for around $25 for flights I am taking.

• Steamworld Dig 2 (on sale now)
  • Picross S3
  • Golf Peaks

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
My recommendations would be Celeste, Dead Cells, Bayonetta/Bayonetta 2, and Dark Souls Remastered.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
Never played a musuo game before and was hoping for a price cut but now i have the cash lol. Do like the Zelda fan service it seems to have though.
I'd never liked any musuo games before this one, not sure if that helps or not. The enemy variety is way better (most just have hordes of differently dressed humans), I already know and care about the characters (others not so much), there's significant weapon variety both between individual's weapons and between characters, it's just got a lot more going for it (imo) than the other musuo games. And yes, zelda fan service, lol. Getting to play as zelda, ganondorf, midna, etc = greatness.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
So i bought code name steam and didnt like it. Would i like mario and rabbids more?

I had no interest in code name steam at all. I gave Mario and Rabbids a chance and ended up not being able to put it down for like 3 weeks. The game is absolutely fantastic. I can't recommend it more. Never thought i'd like a strategy game like this but it sure showed me.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Civ VI
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Dragon's Dogma
Skyrim

Any of these will be great for several 20 hour flights... Just don't forget to bring a power bank along

Also Picross.

Deleted member 29939

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Darkest_Dungeon_Collectors_Edition_Switch_box_large.png

Gothic Horror masterpiece! Addicting gameplay! Challenging and deep systems! Stunning OST and legendary voice over acting. The Mignola inspired artwork is perfection!
Do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darkest_Dungeon_Switch_14.jpg

Sav8ooR.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

2018011922380100-915ff2adbdf999d66f96486295db4c9e.jpg

NSwitchDS_DarkestDungeon_06.jpg

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Of the games you listed, Hyrule Warriors is pure fan service and mindless fun, and the gameplay loop is almost trance like in a way you'll lose hours to without noticing. It's also staggeringly replayable with hundreds of hours for completionists.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2, thank me later.
Octopath Traveller! Perfect for long gaming sessions and it plays great as a handheld title.
Celeste? Baba is You?
Splatoon 2's Octo Expansion is cool. Very tricky stuff in parts, but Portal-esque in its' genius.

These are all good too. I'll also throw out VA-11 Hall-A if you like visual novels, as it has a good story and will take about the length of your flight to get through if you read everything.

ShinNL

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Dragon's Dogma really is the other Skyrim game that you want to own, but is actually fairly priced. It's great and combines a lot of good stuff into one, all games that I also own on the Switch (Skyrim, Dark Souls, Monster Hunter). For the price it's a steal (and I had to import the physical copy in Europe and it was still a steal).

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Golf Peaks: I know you said you don't like golf, but this is more of a puzzle game where you have two get the ball into the hole on a grid system using certain moves in limited quantity. A nice palette cleanser.
People are sleeping on this puzzle game. It's chill as shit and for $3.79 an absolute steal.

Billy Palmer

Nov 4, 2017
London
Into the breach, thumper, celeste, dead cells, captain toad (nice time but pretty short), dark souls, bayonetta 1 and 2, + mario kart 8!

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
1-2 Switch. They will think you're crazy and sedate you making the flight go by faster.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
Steam world games, Into the Breach, Snake pass, Yoku's Island, Enter the Gungeon, Civ 6, Stardew valley, Hollow knight, ookami, Valkyria Chronicles 4, Octopath, ys8, FF9, 12

Picross games !

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
In order of preference

1. Steamworld Dig 2
2. Steamworld Quest
3. Mario + Rabbids
4. Steamworld Heist
5. Octopath Traveler
6. Valkyria Chronicles 4
7. FIFA 19
8. Stardew Valley

Rndom Grenadez

Prophet of Truth
Dec 7, 2017
Guacamelee 2 is amazing and if you played 1 you'll love 2.

But honestly, Celeste is one of the best games I've ever played.

OP
OP
Yoshimitsu126

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
I should probably mention I don't like JRPG unless its Pokemon, Paper Mario, or Xenoblade X lol

Leaning into buying Hyrule Warriors and Mario and Rabbids later.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Celeste if you're not into anime.

Fire Emblem Warriors if you're into anime

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 if you're into 'shitty' anime

Nekopara if you're into shitty anime.

anthro

Oct 28, 2017
Looking for the same thing, although I've already got Xenoblade 2 sitting there. I just don't know if I want big anime tiddies hanging out of my screen in public.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Indies:
Enter the Gungeon
Stardew Valley
Into the Breach

AA/AAA:
Mario + Rabbids
Xenoblade 2

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
You kidding me ????? Xenoblade 2 isn't even in your list ?? Its on bar with BoTW . Your 20h flight will feel like 40min trip to work.