• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
I mean I look fine with one but it's a hassle to maintain and food and water gets stuck on it easier and you feel it tickle you when it's too bushy.

Last edited:

Sain

Nov 13, 2017
I despise it. I'm good with 2-3 weeks' worth of growth and then have to shave.

Last edited:

lobdale

Oct 25, 2017
it's definitely a pain in the butt but i think i generally like having one better than not having one????? so

Oct 25, 2017
Love it, can last at least a month without trimming and it looks quite nice on me. Sure beats shaving too.

Zukkoyaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My facial hair comes in gross and patchy, so I don't force having a beard like a lot of people do.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
When I was a little kid, I used to long for the day when I could grow a beard. I always wanted to have a big dwarf beard. I was right, they are awesome, but a little too much work at that length, so I keep mine relatively short, and do a little trim once or twice a week that takes like 3 minutes, and it's all good.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
I've only been completely clean shaven like once or twice in the past 14 or so years. Love my beard, and I keep it groomed/trimmed very regularly.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
I couldn't grow one until I was 40 and it still isn't great, but my wife prefers it so I keep it around.

Viewt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Once you figure out a good routine and shape, it's pretty easy to maintain. I usually just use an electric razor for casual clean-ups once a week and then break out a real razor for nights out/special occasions. Doesn't take more than 10 minutes, usually.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it hate it. If I could nair my whole jawline without scorching my skin off, I would do it in a nanosecond.

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
I hate it because shaving is uncomfortable. Luckily, my wife prefers I only shave rarely (and not "clean"). In the end it is probably preferable over periods though.

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I sleep on my stomach, and when I have more than a few weeks old stubble, it becomes uncomfortable having my facial hair rubbing against the bed sheets all night.

I look good with a beard, but it isn't worth the discomfort.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Yall should be lucky you can join #beardgang not all of us are able. Beards make EVERYONE* look better to me.

*except Ted Cruz who looks a gotdamn mess with or without a beard.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
It's easier to grow one and just buzz to whatever length when it starts to get uncomfortable than to shave constantly.

I'd like to know how to straighten it though. Particularly the soulpatch area. If my hair isn't kept short it curls.

starpower

The Fallen
Jan 23, 2018
Canada
First month growing it always sucked for me, just too itchy for the first bit but I have learned to live with one for long periods in between several years comfortably. Brush daily and use beard oil after showers. Does not help with dating I'm afraid 😅

20220726-143349.jpg

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Every now and then I let it grow for like a good month or so before getting bored of it and shaving. The most I've waited was like 4 or 5 months, just for shits and giggles.
I think I look better without it anyway.

PirateHearts

Oct 27, 2017
North Texas
I've let it grow out for about a month a couple times in the past, but it just never looks or feels good to me.

I enjoy shaving, but not every day. I usually go about three or four days between. That's the sweet spot between irritating my skin from shaving too much and letting it grow to the point that it's looking real scruffy and gross.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I've tried-but I can't stand the way it feels on my skin and have to shave it off.

Waggles

Oct 26, 2017
I like when i drink ice water and my moustache catches it like a sponge and then i get an extra special sip of ice water that just hits a bit different.

Dec 30, 2020
My beard's essentially steel wool so I have to shave it constantly or my chin just strips paint and varnish off of any surface I rest my head on.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Having a beard is a lot easier to maintain than not having one. It's the difference between trimming once a week vs. shaving every 2-3 days.

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Can't stand having one. I don't go clean shaven, but i take a trimmer and just run it in the lowest setting on everything

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
I love having my beard. Mine is groomed properly and well moisturized. Anybody who says that their beard is itchy needs to invest in some beard shampoo and oil immediately

Quade

Mar 8, 2019
My dad has a glorious beard, my grandad on my mother's side had a glorious beard, my uncles has a glorious beard, my step brother has a glorious beard. Me? I can't grow shit and it fucking sucks.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Opposite. I havent not had some facial hair, aside for a halloween costume or 2, for... a decade? more? During quarantine i made the jump to having a much longer beard, and I love it. Aside from the food issue mentioned. But its easy enough to keep clean.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
My wife currently has me on the 3mm scruff beard game. Its not bad, doesn't dry out, BUT maintenance is an absolute must.

truth be told though, anything longer than this and I'm out.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I hate shaving, but I hate the feeling of having facial hair after 3 days. It's a perpetual hell I live in.