• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
(From OP; Moderator Backed) - Edit: In order to stop this from becoming just a list thread please write about what you like about at least your number 1 character.

Alright gonna get this started sooner then I planned but here we go.

This thread was inspired by Era posters' responses to other threads I made by polls from other communities. I figured it's time to see just what the people of ERA think.

I don't have the skills of the people who make the really elaborate polls on ERA(like the great RPG list) so I'm gonna try and keep this simple.

All numbered mainline Persona games are allowed from Persona 1-5

Only playable party members are applicable. So no Theodore, Kawakami etc.

I'm only counting characters from the main series so no Labrys, Kanami, you get the deal.

Vote for your top three characters and number them with 1 being highest and 3 lowest. Feel free to post more if you like but only your top 3 will be counted.

Your number one choice will get 3 points, second will get two points, and third will get 1 point.

Here's my vote to use as an example.

1. Aigis
2. Haru Okumura
3. Junpei Iori

Voting will be open until December 4th to go with the release of Persona 3/5 Dancing.

I'll post the results as soon as there all tallied up.

This is my first time doing something like this so I hope you'll forgive me for the roughness of this whole thing. There also want be any fancy graphics unfortunately but I hope everyone has fun sharing their favorite Persona characters.

Last edited by a moderator:

kennyamr

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY, USA
Because it's my #3 favorite video game of all time, I have to go with a full round of P4.

1. Teddy
2. Chie
3. Yukiko

I know Teddy is not very popular, but I still love his silliness :p

Last edited:

Pedetemptim

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
1. Ulala Serizawa
2. Baofu
3. Katsuya Suou

EDIT: To comply with the new rule and make my post look less like a hit and run by a grognard, Ulala is my number one because character arcs that revolve around jealousy and the inferiority complex tend to resonate with me for personal reasons.

Last edited:

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
1. Aigis

I just think robots are neat. But also I like the fact her SL is the same for both Minato + Hamuko, I like her character design, I like her arc--I even like her in the spin off games. I just think she's a pretty nice character all around.

2. Junpei

I think Junpei really shines in P3P, specifically in Hamuko's SL. I think he's one of the more real characters written. He's probably one of the character I've related the most too in most video games I've played because of his faults. Persona 3 at it's core is about how we connect with people--how it hurts us, how it helps us, how it changes us. And I think Junpei is probably one of the best at personifying that concept.

3. Rise

I really like Rise's base trope, but I also really like the way she differs. I know a lot of Persona 4 is about that struggle for identity, but Rise's clicked for me in particular.

Can I give an honorary shoutout to Ai. I know she's not a party member but I love her character.

Last edited:

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
1. Koromaru
2. Mitsuru
3. Yosuke Hanamura

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
1. Chie Satonaka
2. Yusuke Kitagawa
3. Haru Okumura

I guess I like some of the sillier and lighter-hearted characters. The Persona 5 cast is pretty serious/angsty/annoying until Yusuke and Haru show up, who are more chill. I like Yusuke's artist side, and Haru's humble ambitions to run a cafe. Out of all the characters, they are the ones that are most similar to myself, I guess. As for Chie, she is just fun.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
1. Yusuke
2. Mitsuru
3. Shinjiro

Yusuke was such a lovable goofball. Favorite character from a JRPG in a long time.

Mitsuru's elegance and composure was really fascinating when you delved into her social links and realized she was vulnerable inside.

Shinji is just a certified badass.

Selphie

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
1. Makoto Nijima
2. Chie Satonaka
3. Yusuke Kitagawa
Honestly it's difficult to make a top 3 because I love so many characters. P5 isn't ny favourite of the series (P4 is) but it still has 2 of my favourite characters.

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
1. Naoto
2. Kanji
3. Chie
4. Futaba
I know you said you wouldn't count past the third one but I wanted to put at least one character that wasn't from P4. Probably would've had Tae as number 3 if it wasn't just main characters.

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
Was expecting this to be a Phantom Thief thread. Surprised. Looks like its turning into a bit of a list thread though so probably should have people explaining their choices?

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
1. Junpei Iori
2. Chie Satonaka
3. Kanji Tatsumi

#1 and 2 are set in stone as the top 2 (they can flip spots depending on the day), but picking #3 was a bloodbath in my mind. Sorry Makoto, Yukari, Aigis, Yusuke, and Futaba.

Also shout-out to Labrys. Not eligible for this poll, and the story mode(s) in the Arena games are bad, but she's actually pretty great.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
1. Mitsuru Kirijo
2. Haru Okumura
3. Kanji Tatsumi

Love how Mitsuru basically is the actual leader of the SEES group. She cares about the group and its members a lot. Also like her relationship with Yukari in particular.
Bonus points for being awesome in battle.
With Haru, although she joined late and Atlus could've definitely done more with her, I still really liked what was there. I like how her confidant is basically a continuation of her story and I like her resolution out of it.
Plus, same bonus points as Mitsuru for kicking ass in battle.
Kanji was my favorite character in P4. Rough exterior but heart of gold. Best bro. Plus, once again, bonus points for battle prowess.

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
  1. Yukari Takeba
  2. Makoto Niijima
  3. Junpei Iori
Yukari is my favourite character from any piece of media and one that I found highly relatable. I found it easy to understand why she acted how she did throughout the story and there were a few story beats that were pretty similar to things that I've experienced.
Makoto is another character I found to be relatable. She reminded me a bit of myself and a bit of one of my best friends from high school.
Junpei just edges out Mitsuru for third place because of his character growth. I enjoyed his storyline with Chidori. He will always be my favourite ace defective.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
1. Kanji Tatsumi
2. Junpei Iori
3. Aigis

Kanji is hilarious and such a sweetheart. I love watching him grow more and more comfortable doing the things he loves. Junpei has a really interesting character arc that does a lot for me. His jealousy of the protagonist can piss people off, but I think it's actually pretty believable for a teenager. Watching him grow past that and become who he is at the end of the game is great. Such an underrated character. (edit: forgot to mention that his social link with the female protagonist is fantastic). Aigis's arc is pretty good too, but what stands out the most for me is her winning character design. She's so cool.

All three have amazing dub voices too which I super appreciate.

Thores

Oct 25, 2017
1. Chie Satonaka
2. Kanji Tatsumi
3. Morgana

Naoto is probably more realistically my third pick but I wanted some P5 representation.

Oct 27, 2017
1. Kanji
2. Yukiko
3. Akihiko

If we went further than top 3, I would include Baofu and Maya, thus proving that I am a true fan™.