• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017

Representing the currently undisputed best type and best rhymes in the game, Grass, I'm issuing a challenge to all you fans of lesser pokemon types to step up and show everyone why your type deserves respect. So, trainers, you up for a battle?

---

This is a little project I thought a whille back and wanted to see if I could get other folks to participate. The rules are simple. Pick a Pokemon type. Pick a track from the games. And using Pokemon and moves of that type, write a verse that talks it up.

Think you're up for it, Era?

Oct 26, 2017
Always had a soft spot for Bug. Always seem to be the underdog in the game, but also are the only... "species" based type, like a "Mammal" type or "Fish" type.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hype my type? Sure I'm ready to enlighten you all on the glory that is-
*reads OP*
0mw1I8e.gif

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I have never felt the overwhelming need to participate in something but, at the same time, be paralyzed by my own inability to do so. I must perfect my flow. I'll be back. See you all in 8 miles.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
Espeon is the GOAT Pokemon and GOAT evee evolution!! in the manga Red's evee turns into one make it absolute canon!

COME AT ME slowBRO!!!

edit: since Espeon is psychic I'm reppin the type!

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
Let's go WATER Pokémon!!!!

Since blue, I've always started with a water Pokémon. It's my favorite element and that will never change.
tenor.gif

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
You know what I'm gonna big up my Ghost,
This slick guy is stronger than most,
You pulling cool moves thinking this battle is close?
Our destiny bond turn ya to toast.

dsHXDDa_d.jpg

105.Will

Oct 26, 2017
Dragon. You got personality, you got style, you got the best stats in the game hands down. Ice is slept on though.

Drain You

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
I was going to post the Pokemon 151 rap even though its not really relevant, then decided I'd actually try to give this a go...
You know what I'm gonna big up my Ghost,
This slick guy is stronger than most,
You pulling cool moves thinking this battle is close?
Our destiny bond turn ya to toast.

dsHXDDa_d.jpg

yea nevermind, can I just second this? Gengar is probably my favorite Pokemon, and this was great.

Gespenst MKIV

Nov 1, 2017
You think that GF went with Pikachu because it was cute?! No, it's just because it has the most powerful type in Electric, the majestic beauty of Thunder makes even the ground types fear.
Also it has best pokemon in Joltik so it double wins

Elshoelace

Oct 25, 2017
Well OP has grass covered. Some great Pokemon and cool moves. Sceptile and leaf blade, so good.

The Maverick

Oct 27, 2017
Dragon types are the best
Garchomp can smoke the rest
If you think you can keep the pace
Take this Outrage to the face

(Unless you're a fairy type, then take this poison jab)

Oct 26, 2017
What kinda Pokemon am I? I'll defend it till the day I die. Share with you it's secrets? Sure I'll try.

Don't try hit me with electricity. I take those hits so easily. Whats this, your trying with rock. Aint nothing gonna happen yer just gonna get blocked.

Jives

Nov 1, 2017
Always Steel. The best defense is a good defense. Only 3 types can really scare you? Wanna smack around all those new fairies? Wanna tank hits and set up all your gimmicks? how about some of the best designs in the game? You got a sword bird, sentai man, spooky ghost sword, and an OP key chain. Plus "Flash Cannon." Now that's a strong name.

OP
OP
The Adder

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not generally the type who takes requests, but someone asked me to do this, so I figured I'd share:

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
I can`t write songs, but I can hype it up in other ways...

Ice might not be the most competitively viable, but you can`t deny the extreme uniqueness (and often cuteness and beauty) of every ice type Pokemon.

Look at this thing. Don`t you want to adopt it?

250px-613Cubchoo.png

The most graceful Eeeveelution.

600px-471Glaceon.png

Fan favorite Lapras!

250px-131Lapras.png

A mammoth! Prehistoric representation!
250px-473Mamoswine.png

Controversial, but my personal favorite... an ice cream Pokemon. Come on, that`s adorable, funny, and creative. Look how happy he is.

250px-584Vanilluxe.png

The best of the three legendary birds from a design standpoint.

250px-144Articuno.png

The Alolan forms of old Pokemon far exceed their old ones.

600px-038Ninetales-Alola.png

600px-028Sandslash-Alola.png

Ice Pokemon all have a glitter, grace, and elegance to them that puts them a step above the others. Even when they`re not the best from a gameplay standpoint, they`ve always been my favorite for this reason.

Last edited:

Raysoul

Fat4All Ruined My Rug
Oct 26, 2017
This song is called: Fucking Electric Pokemon

Motherfucking Electric is the hype!
I'm sure it's the fucking best type!
Pikachu is fucking mad at you,
you are now a freaking barbecue!

Zapdos will strike you with a Thunder,
and you'll be fucked down under!
Don't also fucking under-estimate Pachirisu,