• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Reizzz

Jun 19, 2019
So in 2019 I decided to let my beard grow, I still would trim it but kept it about half inch in length on the regular. (prior to that I kept the 5 o'clock shadow look).

This year I have been letting it grow but I have very little experience with beard oils (aside from hearing the occasional podcast ad).

Any brand you guys would recommend? What was your experience like?

EDIT: OH DAMN I don't know why I typed GAF lol I mean ERA

Last edited:

De-mon

Oct 27, 2017
GAF? Who is GAF?

hqdefault.jpg

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
So I use two different brands. One from my local barber that makes his own, and the other is Grave Before Shave:

www.gravebeforeshave.com

Grave Before Shave

One stop shop for all your grooming needs! Beard Oils, Beard Balms, Beard Butters, Mustache Waxes, Pomades, Tattoo Balm, Shirts, Hats, Socks, and Much More!!

I've gotten their balms, oils, and butters, and they all have helped soften my beard better than any others I've tried. Plus the scents are great. They have an Amazon shop too for quick shipping. The cigar blend is my favorite but the scent makes no sense considering it's basically just vanilla and cinnamon.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
GAF?! How very dare you.

On topic, though, I use what I think might be a Swedish brand called Mr. Bear Family. The one with 'Woodland' scent is very nice, I think. I smell like a fucking carpentry workshop with that in my beard. In a nice way. It also makes my beard silky smooth.

OP
OP
Reizzz

Reizzz

Jun 19, 2019
So I use two different brands. One from my local barber that makes his own, and the other is Grave Before Shave:

www.gravebeforeshave.com

Grave Before Shave

One stop shop for all your grooming needs! Beard Oils, Beard Balms, Beard Butters, Mustache Waxes, Pomades, Tattoo Balm, Shirts, Hats, Socks, and Much More!!

I've gotten their balms, oils, and butters, and they all have helped soften my beard better than any others I've tried. Plus the scents are great. They have an Amazon shop too for quick shipping. The cigar blend is my favorite but the scent makes no sense considering it's basically just vanilla and cinnamon.
Awesome thanks!

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Peppermint oil and an ash based soap.

clean your beard once a week with the soap, apply a thin amount of conditioner if you'd like, but not necessary and then follow that up when near dry with a deep peppermint oil massage to the folicles. Feels good and your beard will be springy and healthy.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What is you beard like if you don't use said products?

Where beard oils a thing years ago?

Mar 30, 2019
Hmm, now I wonder what my site doppelganger would be called...

Absolute Anaconda Hatchling?
Zenith Octopus Larvae?
Or just me with a goatee?

Trouble

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle-ish
I only use oil about once a week, I don't like my beard feeling too oily. For ever day smoothness I use Clubman 2in1 conditioner.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I actually went to the factory last year for a school art project.
They make everything fresh by hand, their products smell great, really help with itching, and gets the beard growing our right.

I'm staying clean shaven as of now. But I still use their product here and there as a perfume. I highly recommend using their butter instead of the oil.

Belle Isle my favorite scent.

Oct 26, 2017
Loving the GIFs in this thread.

When I had a beard I liked Bluebeard's Original beard products a lot. Went from crazy itchy to itch-free.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I use this stuff and I love it. It smells good and doesn't make my face break out like some do.

www.dollarshaveclub.com

Beard Oil

Is your beard, mustache or cheek curtain starting to feel dry and itchy? Our Beard Oil will help soften things up. Formulated with a proprietary blend of oils and lightly scented with a lemon, bergamot, and clove fragrance, it’s designed to help hydrate and condition any style of facial hair you...

White Glint

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tfw I wanna shave but I was gifted a couple beard oils over the winter so now I can't shave because it'd be rude. Favorite one was by a local producer, it was coffee and whiskey flavor?

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
I actually prefer beard balm. Duke Cannon makes one that's bourbon scented and I've gotten really good feedback for it.

Braag

Nov 7, 2017
I rarely grow my beard long, I like to keep it short but if I do on a rare occasion I use this. Not sure if it's something that's available everywhere but it does the job.

UOE5NHU.jpg

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any oil just makes my bread look like it's been dipped in a deep fat fryer, I just use a good moisturising bread shampoo.

Walker_Boh

Oct 25, 2017
Boise, Idaho
Can we just turn this into BeardEra? I need some advice on beard balms. I've been using Rapid Beard but I don't think it has a strong enough hold.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like Scotch Porter. It's one of the few brands made by black men for black hair, which is big for me. It gives my beard a soft, thick hold and it smells really good according to my wife. It's also really smooth in application; I find a lot of other balms very thick and waxy but this one feels right.