• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sorel

Oct 27, 2017
I struggle with loosing my hair, so a leg...

Thanks OP for sharing. My best wishes.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
warrior. i spent 2 months in the hospital after a car accident broke both my femurs and right hip. haha I can totally feel you about the sponge baths, bed pans, boredom, and constipation. Felt like prison.

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Thanks for the story very inspiring how you seem to not hold any grudges.

Just curious how the machine hit you were you unaware of the location or were you trapped in like a pile of stuff? Just curious how it transpired

opticalmace

Oct 27, 2017
I was on a bicycle in the bicycle lane and a drunk driver hit me head on doing between 50 and 60mph
Jesus christ. Glad you're okay. That's scary... I commute by bicycle sometimes and have had more than a couple instances of drivers not paying attention (eg blowing a stop-sign when I have the right of way).

Last edited:

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
Jesus christ. Glad you're okay. That's scary... I commute by bicycle sometimes and have had more than a couple instances of drivers not paying attention (eg blowing a stop-sign when I have the right away).
I'm very lucky. I almost lost my right leg due to compartment syndrome. the only lasting damage is heterotopic ossification of my hip joint which is a complication that can come from the hip breaking. It basically means there is bone inside of the tissue surrounding my hip joint and I won't have full range of motion again. So I can't run fast or move quickly in general lol. You'd be surprised at how many activities require the motion of your hips. The surgery to remove the bone is dangerous and it's possible that it will just grow back so I'm just stuck with it lol. Oh and my right leg is a little shorter than my left because the hip is higher up on my torso. Anddddd my tibia is pointing diagonally to the right so that means my foot is as well. I keep that pretty well hidden tho.

Last edited:

NHarmonic.

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Such an intense story. Thanks for sharing OP, i sincerely wish you the best for your life.

I really can't imagine what something like that can ultimately do for your psyche, so congratulations for being so strong and resilient!

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Thank you so much for sharing this. You're a fucking rockstar for handling everything you went through; from the accident itself to the Odyssey of your recovery. Your resiliency is inspirational.

OP
OP
Lightning Count
Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
warrior. i spent 2 months in the hospital after a car accident broke both my femurs and right hip. haha I can totally feel you about the sponge baths, bed pans, boredom, and constipation. Felt like prison.

Yeah one of the worst is and I forgot to add this to the OP, having a catheter, you feel like you are pissing yourself constantly.

aznpxdd

Oct 25, 2017
Man, inspirational story. I think what peeps miss is the mental side of what goes on for such a serious injury. The sleepless nights staring at the ceiling really got me.

I remember your thread from GAF, still a powerful read. Growing up on a farm I know the dangers of operating heavy equipment. But seeing the outcome of accidents like this really makes you aware of the responsibility you have as an operator.
Thank you for sharing your story.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
They put mine in when I was out cold under general anaesthetic, so I was spared that experience. That said getting the thing removed was awkward as hell. Not physically it was painless, but the experience was massively galling.
Ahh yeah that's like for me when they took out my breathing tube from the hole they had cut in my throat. weirdest feeling ever.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Amazing to fight through all that and get back on your feet OP.

I work around the same equipment, engineering inspector, and I constantly remind myself to avoid their blind spots and swing radius.

Keep on fighting and healing.

OP
OP
Lightning Count
Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
Do you still have the phantom feeling of having your foot? Wiggling your toes ect.?

Sorry for bumping this thread, I will be answering some of these posts as I go through my day/weekend.

Yes if I flex what is left of my calf in a certain, i can feel my toes curl up even though they are not there anymore.

I do get phantom pain, and it varies in intensity, I often get a pins and needles like sesnation, but at it;s worst it feels like being stabbed and will cause involunatry movements as a reaction.