• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
Been on a binge listening to some of the title theme's for some of the game's I've played and I'm curious what are y'all's favorites. Well because of that I've fallen down a bit of a rabbit hole and I figure I'd see who else want's to come down it too.

First I'll post the one that jump started it all which was me booting up and hearing the main theme for Suda 51s game The Silver Case

Just hearing this theme get's me in the mood to track down and find the infamous Killer Kamui

The other one was the opening theme for Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright

While I preferred the music form the original Ace Attorney games the most. I find that this was a nice piece to listen to as you got ready to play this fascinating cross over game.

Will stop there as I can't embed more than two posts at a time haha. But now it's y'alls turn. What are your favorite opening themes or character theme's in gaming?

Nov 20, 2017
My pure nostalgia answer because this tune still takes be right back:

But here's a more modern answer for actual discussion. For all the praise DOOM 2016 gets, not nearly enough of it is about the amazing OST:

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Silent Hill 1/2/3/4's main themes have really stuck with me over time.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Are we talking about main (as in for the whole game?) themes or like main menu themes? Either ways, The Last of Us' "All Gone" is one of my absolute favorites.

A recent favorite of mine is God of War's main theme. It's just incredible.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Witcher 3 B&W Title menu, and Skies of Arcadia Title, with a shoutout to Infinity Engine games like Icewind Dale and Baldurs Gate series having some great title themes

ATOMICJORGE

Oct 25, 2017
The original Halo Combat Evolved theme is the GOAT

I also love the Age of Mythology theme song

Other themes that I love are the GTA Vice City, San Andreas, and IV themes

Steiner

Oct 29, 2017
The Velvet room theme, which is the only track that is present in all modern Persona games.
Which makes it incredibly recognizable considering how different the music is in those games, otherwise.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It's not the title, but it's end credits, so it kind of counts?

To Far Away Times (Chrono Trigger)

Edit:

But, if we're talking strictly title screens...

Time's Scar (Chrono Cross)

Last edited:

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Liberi Fatali - Final Fantasy VIII

Main Theme - Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike

Last edited:

Much

The Gif That Keeps on Giffing
Feb 24, 2018

Ludwig's theme is quite possibly one of the best pieces of video game music I've ever heard. Truly sets the tone of the fight and all sense of desperation and heroism.

sfXEPhC.gif