• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Baphomet

Banned
Dec 8, 2018
After seeing the Husky Thread, I wondered , what's ERA's favorite dog breed?

I am very partial to the following:

- Pitbull (not my favorite and it will be be very divisive, but this is from personal experience with them, all the ones I've had have been great).
- French Bulldog (mine is a eating machine , me and my wife love him).
- Cocker Spaniel (used to have 2 as a child, very good dogs but very susceptible to getting tumors).
- Husky (the one I bought for my wife was a crazy one, but became way more well behaved after he grew up, sadly couldn't take him with me when we moved to the US, we left it with her family where he gets lots of space to run around in , seeing as how they own quite a lot of land and they live pretty isolated from traffic and stuff).

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Pugs

My dude is 13 and has been such a pleasure and a rock in our family that I can't imagine being without him or with another bred. You want a dog that makes you laugh everyday pug is it.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Pugs are the shit.

Its a shame about all their health problems though.

yeah, but mine has been kinda healthy and that makes up for all the sweetness they give you. They don't have a mean bone in their chubby bodies and amazing with kids. We got him first and then had two kids. He was incredibly gentle with them. Such a fat sweetheart of a pooch.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Border Collies, German Shepherds, Golden Retrievers, Huskies, Malamutes, Greyhounds <3

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I always wanted to own an english bulldog.

They just seem like awesome lazy lil tanks.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I raise you all the West Highland White Terrier:

West_Highland_White_Terrier-2.jpg

Kitsunebaby

Oct 27, 2017
Annapolis, Maryland
I've owned multiple corgis (both pembroke and cardigan) my entire life and I adore them. They're so cute and have wonderful personalities. I'm a little concerned about how expensive they might be since becoming somewhat of an internet phenomenon.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Golden Retrievers are still my all time favorite, them and I've always loved Irish Setters.

My brother loves Corgis.

InspectaDekka

Banned
Jan 4, 2019
Field Spaniels (used to have one with my dad but she's at my nan's now)
Boston Terriers (because of Iggy from JoJo)

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
I like most the common herding breeds (border collies, aussies, etc.), and retrievers. My wife does a ton of dog sports, and in particular competes in, instructs, and judges Agility, so most of our dogs have been border collies or border mixes of some kind, so I'm somewhat partial to them in particular. (I wouldn't recommend them for the average pet owner, though :)).

Not a big fan of breeds that have been bred mostly for appearance, particularly those who have chronic health issues or physical limitations as a result.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
American Alsatian
Siberian Husky/Alaskan Malamute (both always tied for second in my book)
German Shepherd
Border Collie
Basically any type of Corgi

That said, I'm bad at ranking them as I love them all so much... It'd be easier to make a ranking of dog breeds I don't like.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
I like all dogs really, i've never been able to see the differences from breed to breed... i kind of prefer mixed breeds to be honest.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Papillon-HP-long.jpg

Papillon is my fav

I love all breeds, tho

have a sweet spot for Boxers

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here

there's just sommit special about them, love Boxers

too bad they are prone to cancer

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I also remember seeing a guy at a coffee shop with a Kai Ken. Holy shit that dog was cute but I've literally never seen that breed anywhere else in the US. He mentioned that are only 400 or so in the US.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
My dream is to own a Welsh Corgi but it's near impossible to find one here so from the many dogs I've had over the years, my Golden Retriever was by far my "best" dog, but these days I can only deal with small dogs so Pug is my current fave, my Pug is just the cutest most loveable little bastard.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
I've never had one (because they too big and bad with stairs) but I've loved every Basset Hound I've met.
basset-hound-AP-0T0WDB-645sm12913.jpg

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
I will never understand people's love for pugs, but seeing how much they're coming up in this thread already, more power to you. Not my kind of dog, but I'm glad some of you out there love them that much.

Loan Wolf

Nov 9, 2017
Malamute
Australian Shepherd
German Shepherd
Staffordshire Bull Terrier
Swedish Vallhund (see below)

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
freaking love shiba inus and corgis. also really like samoyed and pomeranians.

Last edited:

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
German Shepard
Giant Schnauzer
Rottweiler
Doberman

Extremely smart dogs that are very nice looking and handle commands well. I'm starting to warm up to the Malumute but that hair seems like a hassle to clean. I mean the rottie hair was everywhere when I had one.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Should be a rule that every post has a picture or video.

I want a Golden Retriever so badly. They are so perfect.

But really the dream is to live on a farm with a bunch of different pups:

1) Golden Retriever
2) Samoyeds
3) Huskies
4) Everyone

Teuthex

May 31, 2019
images

Greyhound/Whippet/Italian greyhound. They are not just 3 sizes of the same dog, but they have a lot in common. My little Italian greyhound is getting pretty old and has had some bad luck with health issues, but they have been the best dog I have ever owned.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Best dog I ever had (my roommate's) was a Pit/Black Lab mix. Smartest, goodest boi there ever was.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Having now actually seen one in-person, up close, Irish Wolfhounds are goddamn majestic. They're ridiculously huge and friendly.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Can I vote for all dogs? Because my answer is all dogs.

I have a German Shepherd now and he's the smartest animal I've ever lived with by a longshot. Such an incredibly good boy and genuinely seems interested in everything I have to say, with little head tilts when he doesn't understand.

Cagen

Oct 25, 2017
UK
akita-detail.jpg

Akita
Husky
Shiba
Samoyed

Anything from the Spitz family really.
I have 2 American Akitas.