• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which battle royale gets the chicken dinner?

• Apex Legends

Votes: 186 43.9%
  • Battlefield

Votes: 6 1.4%
  • Call of Duty

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Fortnite

Votes: 50 11.8%
  • PUBG

Votes: 113 26.7%
  • Other

Votes: 55 13.0%

• Total voters
Jun 17, 2018
Pubg is still the best for me. Nothing can match its intensity.

I also loved Blackout but something about it just feels off. Maybe it's the 20hz tick rate.

.git

Dec 4, 2018
United Kingdom
Yeah not sure Hunt counts as a Battle Royale but if it does it's my top choice for sure. People are counting Twisted Metal and Tetris 99 so I guess Hunt is way more of a Battle Royale game than both of those.
Everyone gets dropped into the same server and all gradually going to the same area of the map? I suppose it goes in the grey area of BR. Either way, it's an excellent game. Glad to see more and more people enjoying it.

Chixdiggit

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Everyone gets dropped into the same server and all gradually going to the same area of the map? I suppose it goes in the grey area of BR. Either way, it's an excellent game. Glad to see more and more people enjoying it.
Yeah grey area. I almost don't want to call it a Battle Royale because I feel it does not do the game justice. When people think Battle Royale they think tons of people playing deathmatch on a ever shrinking map. That's not what Hunt is at all.
But either way, amazing game that will probably be my GOTY.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Tetris 99 is literally the only battle royale type game that I can get into, and I tried all the popular BR games. Just think that it's not my genre.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fortnite was the game changer that got me hooked on console BRs. And it's still the one that takes the most skill out of all the ones I've played. It'd be my number one if it wasn't for the fact that Apex just handles and feels great to play. Controls are more responsive. It's fast paced. Introduced the respawn mechanic.

However, crunch issues aside, epics update / support for Fortnite destroys apex.

It's a toss up between the two. Apex has better gameplay but Fort is constantly changing and has cooler cosmetics / Easter eggs for fans. Cool fan service like the kaiju battle.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Fortnite, but fell off the genre.
Apex would be my number 2, just way too barebones to beat Fortnite for me and why I've barely played since week 3.

Onikage

Feb 21, 2018
Apex is the new standard.

- Heroes with unique skills
- Amazing gunplay
- Amazing movement
- Diverse map
- Diverse type of weapons
- The team jumps together controlled by the leader
- You can easily communicate the target's location, traps or even itens with a simple click
- Amazing deathbox system, where even if you die you still have a chance to come back
- Ranked matches!

The last new BR I tried was Battlefield's, and it felt like playing a 15 yo game when compared to Apex and it's innovations.

ZSJ

Alt-Account
Banned
Jul 21, 2019
I don't play CSGO anymore so I forgot about it. Hence, other.
Because it's a completely forgettable botch by Valve. It's not your fault brother.

Also, Apex can't be the standard when there's no duos/solo. Forced randoms is a good part of why the game has cratered.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Blackout is the only one I've played that has been fun enough to keep me going for months. A huge part of that is undoubtedly the fact it is a COD game, which meant my brothers and their friends were exposed to it and as a result I have a group of 8 or so people I know personally who like to play together.

For me, I need a BR to give me casual gaming conveniences like hit markers and gadgets and shit. I tried to play PUBG so many times but getting killed by people I never even see got old, as did shooting at guys in the distance and never knowing if I was even hitting them or not.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Apex by far

But their greed pisses me off

Outrun

Oct 30, 2017
n64_wcw_vs_nwo_world_tour_p_vfg37l.jpg

Corthier

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
New England, USA
I like PUBG, Apex, and Blackout for different reasons so it's hard to chose one since I rotate around them a lot. Though I must say that I've really enjoyed ground war in Blackout; it's casual and great for mindless fun while still having some way to respawn so long as a squadmate is alive. Apex's ping system made me semi-enjoy squad play with randoms but I have a lot more fun when I can head out on my own primarily because I don't feel pressure of letting my team down.