• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which battle royale gets the chicken dinner?

• Apex Legends

Votes: 186 43.9%
  • Battlefield

Votes: 6 1.4%
  • Call of Duty

Votes: 14 3.3%
  • Fortnite

Votes: 50 11.8%
  • PUBG

Votes: 113 26.7%
  • Other

Votes: 55 13.0%

• Total voters

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
From humble beginnings to the mega phenomenon it is now, BR has always been an interesting game mode and/or standalone game. Which is your favorite?

For me, no BR game has surpassed PUBG and it gets better with each patch.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
I don't play BR (so no vote from me), but out of all those, Apex is the one that I enjoyed the most watching.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I like them all for different reasons but I still think PUBG is king of the genre. Nothing matches it's intensity. In fact, a lot of the other games in the genre have purposefully removed the intensity and made them into faster, more casual games.

I'm actually pretty happy about that because Apex and Blackout are rad at what they do. But I still love the terror/intense nature of PUBG.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
Of the few that I've played, I'd say Apex Legends. Spent more time with it because of how fun the gameplay was but I still dropped it after not too long because at the end of the day, I can only play BR for so long before I get bored. Not really planning on playing it again unless it does something to interest me.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
I'll never be able to compete with fast-editing late-game streamers, but I love the building, arcadey gunplay, and vibrant artstyle of Fortnite.

Titanfall 2 was probably my favorite shooter of this gen so Apex is a fairly easy #2 for me, even if I haven't played a ton of it.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I played a lot of Fortnite BR from last summer to this spring. It was something nice to transition to after I got sick of Overwatch, but I'm more in an MMO phase now with FFXIV.

ZSJ

Alt-Account
Banned
Jul 21, 2019
Look how hard Valve botched their attempt, not even in the poll lol

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
1878060885ad0d60818bf263e92a607b.jpg

Fortnite
No other Battle Royale game, as far as I know, has a big team mode with respawns enabled. That's all I play with some other Limited Time Modes sprinkled in whenever they show up.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Apex was the only one that kept my attention for more than like 2 weeks. I get bored with BR games pretty quickly for some reason

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Apelegs feels like the natural evolution of battle royales, but what I played of PUBG was also hella fun. Apelegs kinda condensed the "good parts" of PUBG into a single match, but there's still a lot of merit to the more patient approach of PUBG that I really like.

So I'll go with Apelegs. But not by much.
Look how hard Valve botched their attempt, not even in the poll lol
It was for CSGO, right? I legit forgot that was a thing...

Did it ever take off in the CSGO community? I don't follow the game at all, unfortunately.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Apex for sure, love it.

PUBG is great too, I just wish it looked, handled and ran better on X1X. Looks nothing like PC version naturally.

Splatbang

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
I played pubg the most and overall I think I like it best, if I'm feeling more casual I play apex legends or realm royale.

The Stig

Oct 25, 2017
Been PUBG since the beginning and that still hasn't changed. I just love the pace and flow of the game, and goddamn do their guns feel and sound great.