• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What type of weather do you hate most

• Hot

Votes: 974 77.6%
  • Cold

Votes: 281 22.4%

• Total voters

Zona

Oct 27, 2017
Cold. I don't care what people say about layers, I can never get warm in the winter. In the rare event I'm too hot in the summer I can always find some AC.

But I'm the guy who's apparently fine up to 103F in a long-sleeved black shirt, a black undershirt, and jeans.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Can't stand the cold.

Don't like it too hot either. I looked at LAs weather and it seems to be in the mid 20s Celsius like every month. Basically perfect. Lucky cunts.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
I can bundle up as much as necessary to fight off the cold, but there's only so much I can pull off before it becomes illegal.

Give me the cold any day of the week.

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
I hate the cold! Constant running nose, getting sick all suck.
Warm weather makes me want to leave the house, go to the beach, ride my skateboard and have tons of fun.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
I hate.... HEAVY weather.
images

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Too hot is more difficult to manage than too cold. With that said my heat tolerance is better than my cold but I'd still say due to limited ways to cool off that too hot is worse.

We don't really have air con here because it's not needed 99.9999% of the time.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hot weather sucks. I don't mind varying degrees of cold.

Also, purely sunny days suck in general.

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cold. I want to go outside with friends, play football, barbecue, go hiking etc. Cold weather sucks.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I hate hot way more. Atleast with cold I can put more layers of clothes. Hot there's a point I have to rip my skin...

ieo

Aug 7, 2019
Heat. I have a friend from Cali who she says she likes getting sticky from sweat and woozy from the sun.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
When it's cold you just wear more cloths outside, when it's hot you can't do much and sweat is messy.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Too hot. Anything approaching 30C and I'm melting, sweaty and get a headache. I struggle to function in any comfortable way. Anything between 15 and 25 is great, t shirt weather (Scottish here).

Cold is fine since you can layer up. Cold and wet, now that's different.

Brashnir

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how much the results of this poll would change if you posted the same thread in February.

That said, I hate it hot, and don't really mind the cold. That may have something to do with the fact that I live in the Mid-Atlantic, where summer heat gets really uncomfortable while winters get cold but not extremely so.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In MN I gotta go with the cold. We don't really get 100+ days but we do usually get a week or 2 of subzero highs and that's pretty brutal. January and february usually just kind of suck all around.

December and March usually don't see such extreme cold so they aren't bad, and March through November is usually pretty damn nice for the most part.

OniLinkPlus

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can add more layers of clothes. You can't remove your skin. Hot is objectively worse.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
I've lived in the southwest my whole life and it informs my answer.

I can't stand the cold. Wearing more than two layers of clothing is awful and restrictive and I live someplace where A/C works well and I really only have to deal with the extreme heat if I'm outside for an extended period for some reason.

Cold, I just feel like I have to layer up, or acquire blankets and then I can't really move as freely as I would like and it's just not as comfortable trying to figure out exactly where the perfect spot is between cold and too warm.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hot. I don't mind cold weather even though that's the only time I need to deal with heating or cooling my place.

12593.jpg

Heat annoys me more than cold. When it's cold, I can at least put on additional layers and turn on the radiator. Days when it get's hot you just feel lathargic and can't do anything. And in the UK, we don't have air conditioning, so those really hot days get extremely hot.

Also, bugs, you get significantly more bugs in the heat which leads to more bites on the body as well. So you need to cover yourself in bug repellant and sunscreen so you don't burn your skin if you are going outside.

Look, it's heat. I suppose freezingly cold is really bad, but we don't get that here. We do get the heat though and that's worse.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
Hot is worse than cold, unless we're including snow. Then I have to think about it.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Hot.

It's way easier to warm up than cool off. And couple heat with humidity and you have a truly miserable experience.

Dre

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck the heat.
Thanks to global warming I'll have to get used to it though, which sucks big time.