• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What type of weather do you hate most

• Hot

Votes: 974 77.6%
  • Cold

Votes: 281 22.4%

• Total voters

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hot, it's not even close. If it's cold out I throw on layers and have a warm drink. If it's hot I spend all day sweating through my various layers of underwear, suit pants and dress shirt. By the end of the day my grundle area is a Vietamanese jungle and my under layers are absolutely destroyed. When I finally peel my clothes off to shower, I'm sweating again the second I get out of the shower and unless I can stand directly in front of my AC for 10 minutes I'm a sweaty mess.

I LOVE nice summer days where it's 70 with no humidity but most of my summer is fucking ball sweat humid and in the 80's so it's a fucking nightmare as someone who has to wear a suit for work.

Give me winter over that every time.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
you people are crazy, cold is EASILY worse. Heat waves are at worst just uncomfortable, unless you're extremely old.

Winter Weather is incredibly destructive. Frozen/burst pipes can literally wreck a house and leave you broke and/or homeless depending on how severe it is.
Snowstorms and blizzards knock out power, ice up roads, and cause people to lose control and slam into each other. "Stay off the road!" you say. Doesn't help when someone's F150 plows through the front wall of your house.

Potholes form when water gets below the road surface, expands when it freezes and then collapses when it warms up again- leaving giant pits in the road that destroy your rims and tires.

Just salting the roads to keep them free of ice cost Pennsylvania north of $150 million a year. Yes, it is possible to run out of salt if the weather is severe enough. What happens in that case, or if a surprise snow squall hits and no one has time to treat the roads? This does:

fatal-pileup-in-lebanon-county-february-2016-076aa60a8f684c3c.jpg

Freezing rain can leave everthing coated in an inch thick layer of solid ice when it hits. This will easily bring down power lines and entire trees will come crashing through things because they can't support the weight. And once again- people will attempt to drive through these no matter what you say- which leads to out of control cars smashing through things when they lose traction.

"Just wear more layers!" won't help you avoid these things, you're fucked no matter what you do.

SmittyWerbenManJensen

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Floater’s Cemetery
Cold. I can't stand the cold anymore.

Hot climates, as long as they are DRY and not humid, are very tolerable, in comparison (for me).

But I'd rather take kinda cold over hot and humid. Humidity fucking sucks.

Seirith

Oct 25, 2017
I voted cold because cold also comes with snow/ice which I then have to snow blow,shovel and drive in.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
I voted cold because cold also comes with snow/ice which I then have to snow blow,shovel and drive in.

Forgot to mention the physical act of shoveling/blowing snow is itself a chore. I used to have a job where I was "essential personnel" and work was always open no matter what the weather conditions were like.

One year snowstorms repeatedly hit after midnight, meaning I was up at 4am and 5am in the morning in the dark shoveling my driveway to get myself out of the house on time. This happened at least 4 times that year.

Seirith

Oct 25, 2017
Forgot to mention the physical act of shoveling/blowing snow is itself a chore. I used to have a job where I was "essential personnel" and work was always open no matter what the weather conditions were like.

One year snowstorms repeatedly hit after midnight, meaning I was up at 4am and 5am in the morning in the dark shoveling my driveway to get myself out of the house on time. This happened at least 4 times that year.

Exactly! My husband works in human services and he will get written up if he calls in on a "snow day"! The day program where he works might close but then he has to report to a group home AND be there by 7:30 am. We also live on a corner so we can have our driveway all clean and then the plow goes around the corner and plows the end of the driveway in.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
I despise hot weather. Fall and winter fashion is much better but mostly I just hate being hot and sweaty. You can wear more clothes but you can only do so much about the heat.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Gotta go with hot. Cold, you can always put more layers on if you're outside. With the heat, there's only so much you can take off. Also I don't really mind shoveling snow; it's therapeutic in a way.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
The world is getting hotter. Every year breaks heat records.

Oct 25, 2017
I pay 3x more in utilities in the summer because I can't stand the heat. Hell I'm the kind of idiot that wears shorts during winter.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
Cold. I love sunny warm days with bright blue skies. If it's super hot out I go to the mountains where it's usually 10-20 cooler. I hate the cold, usually means I'm stuck inside for the day.

Oct 25, 2017
Hot, it's not even close. If it's cold out I throw on layers and have a warm drink. If it's hot I spend all day sweating through my various layers of underwear, suit pants and dress shirt. By the end of the day my grundle area is a Vietamanese jungle and my under layers are absolutely destroyed. When I finally peel my clothes off to shower, I'm sweating again the second I get out of the shower and unless I can stand directly in front of my AC for 10 minutes I'm a sweaty mess.

I LOVE nice summer days where it's 70 with no humidity but most of my summer is fucking ball sweat humid and in the 80's so it's a fucking nightmare as someone who has to wear a suit for work.

Give me winter over that every time.
Yeah, I will say hot too.

I despise sweating all over the place. That feeling is just awful.

At least with the cold I can wrap myself up and the feeling of the cloth around you is nice.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea how hot is winning. Like wtf. Hot is uncomfortable. Cold hurts. Like legitimately fucking hurts. And it brings a lot of dangerous shit like snow and ice. It's a pain in the ass to bundle up to go outside and that in and of itself isn't comfortable either. It's horrible.

Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea how hot is winning. Like wtf. Hot is uncomfortable. Cold hurts. Like legitimately fucking hurts. And it brings a lot of dangerous shit like snow and ice. It's a pain in the ass to bundle up to go outside and that in and of itself isn't comfortable either. It's horrible.
I mean, the heat is pretty dangerous too.

Watevaman

Oct 30, 2017
I enjoy warmth a lot more than cold. Ever since I was a late teen, cold makes me ache. I don't like snow, I don't like everything going dormant, and I don't like being able to be outside for any extended periods of time.

With heat and summer, I throw on a pair of shorts and a tank top and go about my business. The only times it really sucks are when it gets to be 90F+ and humid or if I'm camping and it's too warm to sleep. Other than that, I'm fine.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely hot.

You can always add more layers when it's cold, and nothing beats a wood fire in a good old chimney for comfort.

Rogue74

Nov 13, 2017
Miami, FL
I went with cold.

I hate either extremes. I live in Miami and the weather right now is uncomfotable to say the least. However there are some advantages.

It takes a longer time to get ready in extremely cold weather due to all the layers. Then you have the issue of having to remove some of those layers every time you enter a heated room/car or you start sweating profusely. Then you have to put them on again to go out. In the heat you don't add or remove clothing when moving in and out of A/C.
Also, in the heat when it gets cloudy or it rains you get a bit of relief from the heat. If it is a windy day that also provides relief. All these things just make a very cold day only more brutal. This isn't even considering all the bullshit one had to go through dealing with ice and snow.

I hate very hot days though. For me perfect weather is between 50 and 70 F. I live in the wrong city.