• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What type of weather do you hate most

• Hot

Votes: 974 77.6%
  • Cold

Votes: 281 22.4%

• Total voters

Deleted member 19003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really dislike the cold. Really cold temps with biting winds just really hurt and sting any exposed skin. I'll take a hot summer day, staying indoors or by a pool instead. Hot cars are maybe the worst part, but a temporary inconvenience with a/c. If I lived in a different century my answer would probably swap.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The extremes of both are awfuil in their own ways, but I would probably say I hate hot tempoeratures slightly more.

I'm incredibly fair-skinned and sunburn very easily, I turn into a lobster after half an our in the sun. At least when it's cold I can just layer up. But with heat, there's only so many layers you can take off. Plus humidity can fuck right the hell off.

Besides, men's fashion is the best during fall/winter when it starts to get colder. I always feel more confident in my wardrobe when its colder outside.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Prefer cold over heat. When it's cold you layer up. At home cozy up under a blanket and bake shit.

When it's hot, sweat and BO everywhere. This time of year in Austin it's a warm oven sort of feeling, it'll sap your energy and you'll complacently be ready to die like a boiling lobster. If I mow my yard after 9am, I have to take multiple breaks or I'll start having early heat stroke symptoms.

So cold without snow please. Eg 30s to 50s over 90s+ with humidity.

BluePigGanon

Oct 27, 2017
As a resident of Phoenix, AZ I can tell you "hot" is the correct answer. People who complain about cold baffle me. You can put a sweater on, Karen - I can't take my pants off.

Addendum: And yes I know what REAL cold is, I've been and lived in other places.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I don't mind cold, it's the snow I hate. Hot weather is terrible no matter the condition.

kyo2004

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bogotá D.C.
Hot... I fucking hate so much... Every time I spend 10 minutes walking from work to home in hot weather, I end up with a huge headache... :/

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017
I hate the heat more, but it should be said that I've only ever lived in Florida and Georgia. So what I mean by that is I hate what is considered hot in those states more than what is considered cold in those states.

FirMatt

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boston MA
I am deeply shocked by the poll results. I hate winter with a seething passion, and consider anything under 60F to be chilly. And days 85+ are perfect for being out on the beach or just taking in the sites downtown.

I'm a Boston lifer, and each year I become LESS tolerant of the cold. I've suffered the early effects of frostbite just from windchill when it's 50 out and windy. It physically hurts to be outdoors anywhere below that. Yet I frequently run 5-8 miles outside when it's 90.

I spend the entire stretch of November - April indoors, and then nearly all of May - October out and basking in the sun. I prefer not to walk around in pain, thanks 👌. I should probably just move lol.

Oct 27, 2017
Neither actually. That recent 40 degrees Celcius heatwave in Europe was something new to me. But I discovered I can withstand it pretty well. And the cold never bothered me anyway. I can tolerate low temperatures without any problems.

AM_LIGHT

Oct 30, 2017
not yet

Also how would you feel if I pm'd everyone who said they prefer cold to heat and said "hey bro, have you tried living in Siberia???"
It's still kinda subjective . I was just unfortunate to experience the extreme heat and I acknowledge someone who'd experienced an extreme cold might prefer the heat .

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Lived only in southern states of America, I hate the heat and wish it never came back. I need to just move up north and stick to visiting via skype or something.

Worst experience was South Mississippi during Katrina, no power for a week, water pumps off and on. During extreme cold it could be horrible I'm sure, but at least you can layer til you can't move. When you're too hot you can't go beyond naked and that would just be miserable and torture.

When it's very hot like Summer currently you have to run to shelter or end up drenched spending any decent amount of time under direct sunlight. Ever play Mass Effect 2 where the sun scalds you, it feels like that but less deadly obviously.

Last edited:

cinch

Chicken Chaser
Feb 17, 2019
I live in the South, and the heat is always accompanied by shitty humidity (hey that rhymes). It sucks. Makes my hair frizzy. Plus, you can wear cuter clothes in cooler weather :)

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Hot. It's easier to fight the cold. Getting naked won't save you from the heat but putting on more clothes will save you from the cold

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
I hate sweating. Don't mind layering up, but if you're outside in a hot day there's not much you can do.

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Besides snow, the only negative I can think of cold is that a mid night piss is uncomfortable.
It's more like everything is icy and cold. You have to layer up into oblivion. Being outside feels bad, etc. If you like the outdoors, winter blows. Over the span of like 4 months, it's awful.

I also love shorts, sandals, and hoodies. None compatible with full blown winter.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I actually enjoy sleep more when it's cold out. Getting home, hot coco, wrapped up in blankets, cozy.

Heat side:
Get home, take of soaking with sweat clothes to put on lighter house clothes, and blast freezing air then wrap up a bit after your body cool off.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
It's more like everything is icy and cold. You have to layer up into oblivion. Being outside feels bad, etc. If you like the outdoors, winter blows. Over the span of like 4 months, it's awful.

I also love shorts, sandals, and hoodies. None compatible with full blown winter.

Well in Austin in this heat everything is dead and you'll sweat enough to need to shower after 5 minutes .

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Hate the heat. Can't easily get comfortable and it saps your energy. It just sucks. And it's only going to get worse as time goes on.

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well in Austin in this heat everything is dead and you'll sweat enough to need to shower after 5 minutes .
Yeah I think people who live in hot climates say cold and people who live in places with real winter, say the latter. Your hot is way worse than mine and my cold is way worse than yours. They both suck, but I don't mind sweating and staying hydrated.

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's easy to warm up, it's a bitch to cool down. Cozy nights vs sleepless nights too. Heat sucks

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I really hate the cold because it can mess with just being outside. Want to go for a walk? There's ice on the ground and you might slip and fall. Want to drive somewhere? Hope the roads are plowed because otherwise it's gonna take a lot longer to get where you want to go. It might be harder to cool down than to warm up but at least I don't risk more injury than the heat.

Raskol

Sep 5, 2018
Probably depends on where you live. Canadian winters are pretty brutal and so I will always prefer hotter weather. But I do agree you can do more to survive in extreme cold.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017

And you think being outside in 100 degree weather PLUS 100% humidity is any better?

I'll take cold over this hell any day.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Hate hot way more.

When you're too cold, you can just add layers. When you're too hot there's very little you can do.

That's the same reason why offices should always be on the colder side to suit people who prefer it colder than increasing the temp for people who are too cold and just refuse to wear long sleeves.

naib

Oct 25, 2017
ATX
You can always put on more layers but you can only get so naked.

But I live in Texas. I'm sure when people are shoveling their driveways at 5am they'd rather be sweating naked in front of a fan.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Everyone saying hot, you all don't know shit. Cold is atrocious. I hate cold. There is nothing better than waking up early morning and basking in early morning sunlight.

Mest08

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
They both suck, but negative 30 plus literally hurts. All you people saying bundle up are crazy. At certain point, bundling up does jack shit.