• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What type of weather do you hate most

• Hot

Votes: 974 77.6%
  • Cold

Votes: 281 22.4%

• Total voters

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
I HATE the HEAT!! Gimme cool and cold weather, ANYDAY.

Hot. It's easier to fight the cold. Getting naked won't save you from the heat but putting on more clothes will save you from the cold
Yeah, humans have pretty much created great clothes to keep ourselves warm during the cold. You could only take off so much clothing in the heat, and when you are naked, it's not like you can unzip your skin and rip it off.

Real cold snowy winter is beautiful. I mean look at this:
Norway_Lake_Winter_482638.jpg

OT I don't mind either temperature, rain on the other hand
Looks like a Winter Wonderland. For me, it's basically choosing between Summer in the City and Winter Wonderland. Gimme the latter, PLEASE. The back of my neck's getting dirty and gritty.

Heat. But I live in Southern California where it's almost always a dry heat so there's that.
Where I live, it's actually been nice the past couple of weeks, upper 70s and through the 80s (81F-87F). That's not bad for mid-August. Usually, we're in the 90s-100s from now through September (which are usually the scorchers). Basically, it's bearable warmth with a slight cool breeze, which if anybody asks me, is PERFECT Summer weather. If I could snap and make EVERY Summer have a fixed temperature, it would be constant 77-83 degrees F EVERY YEAR, FOREVERMORE!

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
I voted cold but only because blistering plus windy days in NY / Boston actually hurt and it's tough to avoid them. Walking to your car in 100 degrees is...annoying.

I will say that I would much rather sleep in cold temp (reasonable) than hot

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I'd much rather take the heat. At least with heat your either hot or not. Cold is so location specific. "Just layer up" is bullshit, all it means is then I'm going to have sweaty armpits and frozen finger tips.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
It depends of the level of hot/cold. I'll take a 100 degree day over a 0 degree day. But I'll take 50 degree over a 85, if that makes sense.

Oct 27, 2017
Glasgow
I'm surprised but pleased to see hot winning by so much.

I can deal with the cold, but anything other than pleasantly warm....ugh.

It's much easier to heat up than it is to cool down.

Oct 25, 2017
When it's cold I can turn on the heat, drink some tea and lie in a comfy bed with a thick blanket, celebrating life.
When it's hot I lie naked on a mattress soaked in my own sweat, wishing for death.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You can get cold weather the fuck outta here. It's 96° out right now in Houston, and it feels lovely.

Anything under 70° is Satan's work.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Hooooot is so much worse imo.

It's a lot easier when you're cold to just throw some cover on you or other things to get warm fairly quickly.

When it's super hot there's only so much you can do, even with an a/c when it gets like 100f it can still feel just ugh......

Then there's sleep, I haaate sleeping in a bed when it's really hot, having to kick covers off, try and turn the pillow over to the side that's cooler, etc, it's just uncomfortable as hell. I find sleeping when it's cold is a lot more comfortable, especially with a good blanket, it just feels cozy.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cold is worse but I grew up in cold climates dreaming of tropics and deserts.i don't mind humid or dry heat and the only time it bothers me is if it's too hot to sleep. And if there's a place to swim then I absolutely LOVE hot.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
cold means snow, and that shit is the worst to deal with (depending on location... mine sucks)

hot weather fucks me up.

no good choices.

Doctor Doggo

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck summer. Fuck heat. Bring on massive amounts of snow. I literally hate summer so much. Dying to move further north.

badboy78660

Oct 27, 2017
Too hot is some bullshit. At least when it's cold af outside, you can just layer up. When I'm sweating like a pig though—I wanna take a shower.

Kisaya

Oct 25, 2017
It used to be hot for me, but now that I live in dry Midwestern winters... definitely cold.

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Heat, definitely. It especially messes with me when I'm trying to sleep. As if it's too warm/hot I don't really want to sleep with any covers on, but it's just too weird for me not too so I'm not happy or comfortable no matter what I do.

Cold obviously isn't that great either but it's easier to manage than being too hot to me.

jotun?

Oct 28, 2017
When it's cold and you come inside, you're fine after a minute or few

When it's hot and you come inside, you're still gonna be sweaty, stinky, and uncomfortable for a while

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck the cold, dude. I always hear people say that they'd rather have cold weather because they can just layer up to warm themselves, and that's true for most of your body parts, but you can't cover up your whole face, and I've never found gloves that keep my hands warm when it's really fucking cold outside. It's even worse if you need to use your phone, or dig something up from your pocket or wallet, because you have to take your gloves off and juggle them while you're handling the other items you have in your hands, all the while your hands are freezing. And when you go to a store or something, even if you open up your jacket and all that, you're probably going to feel too warm pretty soon. When it's cold, you can never be entirely comfortable when you're on the move.

Cold in general just bites a lot harder than heat does, too.

CaptSpaulding

Banned
Jul 13, 2019
Cold. Grew up in the tropics so more used to extreme heat than extreme cold. Besides all things considered a lot more people die from cold than heat.

Mest08

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Negative 30 will goddamn kill you.

You don't bundle up when it's negative 30, you flat out just stay inside.
That's what I mean. All these people saying heat are crazy. Life doesn't just stop cuz of weather so when it's negative 30 and I gotta take my dumbass to work, as much as I hate heat, I'll be wishing it was 100 degrees.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
It really depends where I live.

After three years in southern Taiwan, I really began to hate the heat. Late December, January and early February would offer reprieve to the heat, but even then, sometimes you'd get a warm winter, and by March it was back in to the 30s with nights in the mid-20s.

I lived in Calgary, Canada for a winter, and it went down to -25C often. That sucked.

Though the rain can get a bit much in the winter, I really like Vancouver's climate. It lacks any sort of extreme.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hot.

I can heat up when it's cold.

Cooling down when it's hot is a much harder task.

Arebours

Oct 27, 2017
cold. It's 37 c here in japan and I'm completely fine with it. In fact I like it. Cold is misery.

Garble Slew

Oct 27, 2017
Atlanta, Georgia
Heat is miserable, energy sapping awfulness. At least with the cold you can dress accordingly. You can get butt ass naked in the heat and if there isn't a breeze it won't change a thing.

Ferret

Oct 25, 2017
I hate the cold. I can't get comfortably warm without wearing so many layers that my ability to move becomes too restricted and since being cold already makes me feel sluggish it isn't great. The constant runny nose sucks too.

On the other hand I like being hot. The summers where I live are pretty mild, but I grew up in an area with more humidity and higher top temps in the summer so I'm pretty comfortable with worse than I live with now. The high 80's F and up is great and anything below 50 f is too cool for me.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hot.

If its cold, I can just bundle up, both at home and to go outdoors.

If its hot, you're always fucked. Even if you have good AC (which I don't) you gonna have endure the heat at some point if you need to go anywhere, then you swear and your clothes feel sticky and you smell and everything just sucks.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I prefer cold weather to hot weather, but I don't know how to drive on ice/snow, so...

I just like dressing in layers.

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
With humidity definitely the heat is worse here. Heat index outside where I am is 44c today. Thats actually hotter than Furnace Creek at the moment.

Darren Lamb

Dec 1, 2017
I don't like either extreme, but I hate the heat since there's some sort of social contract that says Hot Weather Is Good and I feel like a fucking miserable cunt for not liking it

My ideal temps are 0-25c, light rain is nbd

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Cold.

Fuck going out to 2 feet of snow, needing to shovel the driveway for an hour in -40C weather where it's too cold for any of my electronics to work.