• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
So I just went to Travis Scott this weekend, great show (despite him calling us the wrong city), and overall good performance as a whole. And now I have more two concerts coming up that I am super excited about: KISS is coming next week, and in March, Mutherfucking METALLICA will be in town. I have tickets to both (as pricey as they are, shit), but I'm super excited about it. So ERA, what upcoming concerts have you been to, and is there one coming up you plan to go to?

Do you like concerts? Why or why not?

Oct 25, 2017
I think I saw Young Thug last. He was okay, but it was a very small venue which added to the experience. Wanted to catch J.I.D, but the show is sold out and I didn't cop tickets because I couldn't guarantee if I would be free a the time of the show

dots

Oct 27, 2017
Last I saw was Chvrches, they were great. Next is the Mountain Goats for like the 20th time.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
I love shows but I haven't been able to go in quite a while. I saw Mitski in October and it was as disappointing a show I have seen in years. I'd seen her four times before that, and she was excellent every time, but the last show was not good. Next on my docket is Absinthe Father next month. The next shows I travel for are Chromatics & Sleep in May/June.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Nita Strauss and Angel Vivaldi together was my last one. Next up is Ozzy, then Maiden, then Weird Al.

Inkd

Oct 27, 2017
US
Took the wife to Death Cab for Cutie a couple of months ago. We had a good time with all of the other old people there.
I'd love to go to more shows, but I'm old....

SpinierBlakeD

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Only concerts I've been to are Def Leppard and Journey. Not a fan of concerts. Too many people.

ForgeForsaken

Oct 27, 2017
20 minutes into the future.
Go to 2-3 a month, sometimes more sometimes less depending on bands touring. Last show was Peter Murphy doing an all Bauhaus set. Prefer standing general adminssion club shows over large seated venues.

I'd love to go to more shows, but I'm old....

Well I'm in my mid 40s. I got a friend about to turn 50 that goes to like 2-3 shows a week! He goes to mostly hardcore punk or metal shows too.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
I used to go to a lot of concerts, many with friends and a lot with my mom too. I haven't gone in some time, though. I've been too cheap, haven't felt like going out and just kind of lost interest in going to a lot. It's also too much travel now.

The last one might have been Marilyn Manson. It's been years.

The best one was, by far, Nine Inch Nails' Lights Over the Sky of North America tour. I'm glad I bought floors for that, and that it's on YouTube.

I've seen:

KISS x3
Bob Dylan x2 (He sucked both times)
Foo Fighters
Deftones x3
Nine Inch Nails x4
Silverchair x3
Tool
Slipknot x2
Disturbed x2
korn x3 or 4
Marilyn Manson x2
Five Finger Death Punch
Stone Sour
Rush
Boston
Alice Cooper x4
The Police
The Who
AC/DC x2
Goldfinger x7
Weird Al
Fleetwood Mac
Mudvayne
All That Remains
Cheap Trick
Our Lady Peace
Green Day
Blink 182
The Tragically Hip x2
Bachman Cummings x2
Metallica
Linkin Park x3
Lostprophets (grew out of)
Anberlin (not a fan)
Slayer (not a fan)

Last edited:

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Concerts suck. Their love performances usually suck unless the audience is quiet and the song isn't heavy in instruments. Studio recordings are better.

Frester

Oct 25, 2017
Thursday did two consecutive nights to play Full Collapse and War All The Time in their entirety right before New Years which was great.

I'm seeing The Sound of Animals Fighting in about 2 weeks.

I love going to shows and New York has a top notch music scene so that works out pretty nicely!

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Last concert? My friend who's a banjo player and 78 record collector, in August.

I haven't been to a "normal" concert in years. I used to go once a week in college but I burnt out. I also currently don't listen to music by artists that tour.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Went to denzel curry in december 2018. Was amazing, and first time going alone and i actually enjoyed it more. Just being able to vibe without judgement, or forcing people to come to concerts who dont enjoy my music taste

I planned on going to see noname, saba
, and pusha t in the UK but exams and last year of uni would have got in the way. Will defo make an effort in the summer

thesoapster

Oct 25, 2017
MD, USA
A Perfect Circle in 2017

I'm not a huge concertgoer. Honestly it's often too fucking loud, and wearing those Etymotic things does screw up the sound a bit. It's also almost impossible to find someone to go with, and I'm not the type who would go alone.

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Last Sunday was World/Inferno FS in Brooklyn...

I have tickets for...

World/Inferno FS afternoon and night shows in Philly on Saturday
World/Inferno FS in Long Island in March
World/Inferno FS in NJ in March
Laura Jane Grace & The Devouring Mother in NJ in April
Hot Water Music / Iron Chic in NJ in April
PUP in Philly in April
World/Inferno FS in Brooklyn in May
Frank Turner / Against Me! / Murder By Death / Tim Barry in NJ in May
The Distillers in Brooklyn in May

Concerts suck. Their love performances usually suck unless the audience is quiet and the song isn't heavy in instruments. Studio recordings are better.
mGhxaFc.gif

Last edited:

Casualcore

Jul 25, 2018
I have a strange spouse. We saw Anika with a local band opening for her a while ago. Before that was the baroque orchestra doing Latin American cathedral music back in November. We have tickets to see Damo Suzuki on his solo tour in April.

I'm generally at a concert to see a band I've never heard of play music I've never listened to. The other day I saw a guy play metal with a tree on his head. I never really know what I've been signed up for. It's pretty great.

rubbishmonkey

Oct 27, 2017
Behemoth / At The Gates / Wolves In The Throne Room was my last concert, at the start of Feburary. It was awesome. I have nothing coming up, although Anaal Nakarath are playing in April

Twiz

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I plan to see Kero Kero Bonito and HEALTH in April. I'll be seeing the Rolling Stones in May.

Slipknot666

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Last concert

-Slayer with Lamb of God, Athrax and Behemoth

Next Concert

-Slayer with Lamb of God, Cannibal Corpse and Behemoth

Shizza

Oct 27, 2017
Last one I went to was Cal Jam, specifically to see the Foo Fighters & Garbage!

Next one is Muse!

Deleted member 18742

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Last concert I went to was Dance Gavin Dance, Erra, I See Stars and Sianvar last June. Did a 3 hour one way drive to see and meet the band. That was one of the most memorable nights I have ever had.

Next one I am going to is in April and I'm seeing...you guessed it. Dance Gavin Dance w/ Hail the Sun (!!), Don Bronco, and Perhiphery

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Last weekend, Young the Giant. Going to a smaller acoustic show this weekend, then Muse in a month or so.

Absolutely love concerts, by far my favorite "live" entertainment. Will go to them as long as I can!

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
I've gotten lazy with concerts over the years, but occasionally one will come up that I'll feel the desire to attend. I used to go to a bunch of prog/power/folk/black metal shows.

My last ones were Ninja Sex Party and Wintersun just a couple days apart back in October. The next one my wife and I are looking forward to is seeing Borknagar at Maryland Death Fest in May.

NoRéN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Saw Carpenter Brut last December.

Unless anything comes up before then, John Fogerty in April followed by Perturbator.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
I love concerts. Last concert I did was Parquet Courts which was a fucking blast.

For 2019 I have either bought or plan on buying tickets to see:

James Blake (March)
Vince Staples (April)
Earl Sweatshirt (April)
Tame Impala (April. On sale next Friday. Honestly doubt I get them because they're so popular now)
Chromatics (April/May. On sale Friday so I haven't bought them yet)
Idles (May)
Vampire Weekend (October)

Plan on doing more depending on who's touring in the Fall, honestly stacked Spring though.
This is so so very wrong.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
Concert quality isn't nearly as good as studio quality. EDM festivals are the better events as it's just background noise as you get high and fuck.
Eh. Depends on the type of music you listen to, and the venue size. If you're going to see rock music in a football stadium, yeah it's going to sound like shit. An actual club, where they actually took the acoustics of the room into effect? Live music is going to sound way better if the band is worth a shit. Seeing good live bands in a good venue is about as close to a spiritual experience as I have had. I've seen bands in good venues and bad venues and can definitely tell the difference at this point, and it makes a huge difference.

But I mean if an EDM festival is the pinnacle of the live music experience we are clearly after different things in life.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
At The Gates with Decapitated and The Haunted @ the glasshouse in 2016 was my last concert.

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Last concert I was at was Taylor Swift last year. Next concerts on the docket are Weezer and Muse. Past concerts include NOFX, Rush, Iron Maiden, Lady Gaga, Hatsune Miku, Dream Theater, Bad Religion, Flogging Molly, Streetlight Manifesto, Jimmy Eat World, Weezer, Muse and U2.

Shoes

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CHVRCHES was the last one I saw, next one I'll be seeing is Broods. I'm generally not a huge concert person because I don't like crowds. But if I can snag seats or a good spot in general admission I can still have a good time.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Concert quality isn't nearly as good as studio quality. EDM festivals are the better events as it's just background noise as you get high and fuck.
JFC just no. A good band can deliver a better version of a song live even though the sound quality isn't perfect. Ugh, this is why guitar music is dying, right? Also, actual bands command attention.

Collectaku

Dec 3, 2018
Behemoth / At The Gates / Wolves In The Throne Room was my last concert, at the start of Feburary. It was awesome. I have nothing coming up, although Anaal Nakarath are playing in April

Seeing Behemoth, Anthrax and Slayer next month, cannot wait! Anaal are touring east coast of AUS next month too but don't think I'll be able to make that.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I went to about 30 concerts from ages 18-30ish. I haven't been to one in over a decade. Been there, done that, bought the overpriced t-shirt.

The kind of shows I would be interested in nowadays would be small & intimate with lesser known artists. I just don't want to deal with the prices, the parking, or the people anymore.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
JFC just no. A good band can deliver a better version of a song live even though the sound quality isn't perfect. Ugh, this is why guitar music is dying, right? Also, actual bands command attention.

On topic: Marina and the Diamonds

I just quoted myself instead of editing my previous post. That's right, I am bad at the internet.

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't seen anything in 2019 yet. Unless Hamilton this weekend counts, I'm going to see FKJ in what I believe will be a relatively small event in Tampa, FL. Really looking forward to it.