• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Rush on their final tour in Seattle. No plans for any concerts now since I have to travel to go to them, but I'd *really* like to see a Baby Metal concert.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
Going to shows is the most babysitter worthy of all possible date nights. Wife and I try to make it out to shows often.

Last show we saw was Minus the Bear's final show.

Upcoming between now and July a:

Terror // Cactus
Local Natives
Budos Band
The Heavy
Jawbox

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
I thiiiiink the last live music anything I went to was the Reading Festival in, like, 2016? God, it's been ages. It was a great show, though--saw the Chili Peppers - one of my favourite bands - plus Chvrches and a bunch of others.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I really don't go to concerts any more 'cause they are just so friggin loud and I value my hearing. I think Foo Fighters were the last band I saw a couple of years ago.

But, I actually have three coming up rapid fire. I figure I better go see Metallica again before it's too late, so seeing them next month. Then Rise Against is doing an acoustic show in Chicago in April, so going to see that. The week before them Polyphia is playing near me, so seeing them. Three of my favorite bands. Going to be awesome.

...and in March, Mutherfucking METALLICA will be in town.

Where are you seeing them? I'm catching the Indianapolis show. Having seen them since 1999 on Jason's last tour.

Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
I love, love, love, LOVE live music. I try to go to as many shows a year as I can. Hell, half my CC budget last year wound up being concerts and CDs.

Last show I went to was LIndsey Sterling in December, which honestly wasn't that great. Last GOOD show I went to was Wintersun back in October. Now that one fucking ruled. Goddamn.

Upcoming concerts are Shinedown, Tantric, and some local stuff. Rock-fest after that, but that's in like July.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Sabaton in NYC about a year ago. It was great, but they always are.
Looking forward to finally getting to go to Demons & Wizards concert in the coming year now that they're finally back together again!

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I went to a TWRP and Planet Booty concert last year in Orlando.

I used to like concerts a lot but as I get older I find I just don't have the energy to drive multiple hours to stand for multiple hours for a live show.

There are a few bands and acts I'll still do it for but not as many as 15 years ago.

Ronin

Oct 25, 2017
I've done 3 shows in the last 4 days. Saw Stabbing Westward on Saturday and I've done Thursday on back to back nights. Good times.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Saw Foo Fighters and Portugal the Man in the span of a week and a half last October.

Not seeing anything this year most likely. Alaska gets shit for concerts.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I've done 3 shows in the last 4 days. Saw Stabbing Westward on Saturday and I've done Thursday on back to back nights. Good times.

My sister saw Stabbing Westward on Friday. My other sister was supposed to go with her but couldn't 'cause her kid got sick. Sister who went got the singer to record a video to the one who couldn't make it. Was pretty awesome of him.

Tiny Hawk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Last show I went to was Gorillaz in Seattle on the Humanz tour. It was an incredible show and I'm super happy I got to see them. They've been very influential to me creatively, so it meant a lot to finally see them live.

I'm tempted to go see Vince Staples in March, but I'm trying to save the remaining 3 days off I got lol. But in the future tho, I would really love to catch Brockhampton the next time they're in Vancouver and Green Day.

The_Land

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cleveland Ohio
Foo Fighters last Summer. I saw them at an outdoor venue (Blossom Music Center), would like to see them indoors where it's louder. Before that was the Black Keys at Quicken Loans Arena. Dam I need to see more concerts.

wallmeat

Oct 28, 2017
I used to go to at least several shows a year, now I'm lucky if I make one or two. Last concert I went to, I saw Morris Day and the Time and The Revolution last summer. The Time fucking KILLED it, easily one of the most energetic live shows I've been to, and whoever was running their sound did a great job. The Revolution was good and they played a lot of the big Prince hits, but I'm forever bummed I'll never get to see the man himself.

I was gonna go see Cursive this last weekend since they were in town but work + bad weather got in the way. Might drive a couple hours to see the Descendents in a few weeks. I really want to go to more shows. I've still got some bucket list shows I gotta knock out.

Castor Archer

Jan 8, 2019
Rush R40, like 4 years ago? It was cool to see them live, but I just do not like concerts. Too much noise (I know duh) and I hate the way my ears feel afterwards.

Oct 27, 2017
John Maus on Saturday. Followed by Mono and Emma Ruth Rundle and then Youth Code and Health. Tons of amazing shows coming up.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Saw Green Day in September 2017; that was a damn good show.

Next will be Weird Al this July, which ought to be really fun.

My wife and I aren't really big concert people, honestly, but occasionally, there is one that we just have to see, and both of these fit the bill.

PinaColada

Oct 27, 2017
Last: Paul Simon's farewell tour last June

This year: Jackson's/Commodore's and mother fucking ELO in July!!!

I've seen a bunch of concerts in my life.

Pezking

Oct 25, 2017
I love going to concerts.

Last concerts I've been to were The War on Drugs and Wolf Alice in December.

For 2019 I've already bought tickets for:

The Joy Formidable
Frankie Cosmos
Better Oblivion Community Center
Olli Schulz
Soccer Mommy
Muse
Thom Yorke
Julien Baker
Midnight Oil
The National

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't been to one since I saw Iron Maiden two summers ago. Trying to find a few to catch this year though.

Saw Green Day in September 2017; that was a damn good show.

Next will be Weird Al this July, which ought to be really fun.

My wife and I aren't really big concert people, honestly, but occasionally, there is one that we just have to see, and both of these fit the bill.
Weird Al is always a great show.

DiscoPizza

Oct 25, 2017
Some shitty Beatles tribute band. They took ages to change outfits between sets.

Before that it was Blood on the Dance Floor. Wasn't my choice. The most memorable part was when the singer for the opening act went to stage dive and the crowd just parted like the Red Sea and he faceplanted on the floor. He looked stunned for a few seconds and then awkwardly climbed back onto the stage.

Dec 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Elton John and Kelly Clarkson both at the staples center were my last two concerts I have been to.
For the Elton John show I had awesome seats in the VIP section. My next concert should be Pink.

Looking back I have been to some really awesome shows. Here is a list to name a few. And it is a variety of genres also.

Guns n Rose's at Dodger stadium
Motley Crue. There last show ever.
Kid Rock
Huey Lewis and the news
The B52s
Boys to men
Sugar Ray
Joan Jett and the black hearts.
Pennywise
Eminem
Def leppard
Styx
The vandals
Dragon force
Reel big fish
Patty Smyth and scandle
Foringer
Tesla
Penatoix
.38 special
Donny and Marie Osmond

There is even more I cant remember right now.
But my first concert ever was Menudo when Ricky Martin was a member.

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
Flew to Pomona, CA to see Saosin in December, was fucking greatt. Their original/current singer, plus their singer in between opened with his new band and played a couple the songs with Saosin. Anthony Green is such a great frontman in all his bands.

Ohh saw Silverstein last month or so too, they killed it.

Next up is The Sound of Animals Fighting and Dance Gavin Dance with Hail the Sun. Should be fun, last time I saw DGD (first time too) the clean vocalist was out with a concussion so the audience sang the whole set. Unique experience and fun but definitely want to see em with Tilian there now.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Last Concert: Phil Collins at The Forum

Future Concert: None at the moment, but Metallica might come into town and I'll have to go to that.

Axis

Dec 9, 2017
My first ever concert will be in April when I go see DMX. Hopefully he still has that energy and fire when he performs or I'll be sorely disappointed.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Saw them years back. Great show
My first punk show. I think I was 13 and the opening bands were screeching weasel and a then unheard of green day

I saw a fantastic smaller hip hop act called four fists a couple of months ago. I think there were probably about 50 people in the audience and it was amazing. If a performer/performers can throw down and get the energy up with a crowd that small my hats off to them. Just some insane stage charisma

Month or two before that it was future islands in a mid size venue.

That's generally as large as I'll go. I've done the big stadium act shows (Kendrick, Kanye most recently) but I try to avoid at all costs. The only time I usually catch a bigger act like that is at a festival otherwise it's all smaller acts and venues for me just the way I like it

My first ever concert will be in April when I go see DMX. Hopefully he still has that energy and fire when he performs or I'll be sorely disappointed.
holy shit. Had NO idea that guy was still performing. Serious drug issues led to some throat problems I thought. I caught a metric ton of mid 90's-early 00's hip-hop acts but sadly never saw him live

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
Tesseract headlining with between the buried and me plus plini supporting.

Incredible night in Birmingham that

BourbonAFC

Oct 26, 2017
Last concert I attended was Whitey Morgan and the 78s. Great show.

Going to see Randy Rogers Band this Friday. Won backstage passes for me and my girlfriend to meet the band before the show. Pretty excited.

After that Mike and the Moonpies in March, Turnpike Troubadours in April, and Iron Maiden in July.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Last one was an all-night Four Tet set I dipped out of early.

Up on the docket is James Blake and Earl Sweatshirt. Potentially planning to get tickets for Chromatics, Tame Impala, Pusha-T, Ross From Friends, and more.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Paul McCartney years back. Only other band I'd go see is Pearl Jam at this point. Haven't seen them live.

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
I find myself going to a lot less concerts the older I get. I still enjoy them but I definitely don't try and be right up front these days in the pit. Probably the last one I went to was either Ratatat ( always a great show ) or Brand New. Both of which I think were before last year. Was supposed to see the Descendants last Oct. but I ended up giving my ticket to a buddy.

Wish I went to more, but I've been to a lot of good ones in the past. Turbonegro, Paul McCartney, Wu Tang, Rage Against the Machine, bunch of Say Anything, solid block of warped tours, Ringo and the All Star band once. I have a hard time even remembering where/when/who I saw most of the time.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
Pixies and Weezer last summer. Hoping to see Death Cab for Cutie w/ Jenny Lewis this summer and if not I'll see Jenny Lewis in October. I also hope I'll be able to go to Woodstock for at least 1 of the days.

I'd love to go see Beck, Cage the Elephant, Spoon, and Sunflower Bean but I won't be able to swing that one.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Not necessarily concerts but raves, and the last time was a few weeks ago. It featured some US Hard Dance artists and was under Kutski's Keeping The Rave Alive name.

I'm trying to go to Above and Beyond next month.

Oct 27, 2017
Last show was seeing Gouge Away in the backroom of 1-2-3-4 Go! Records. Smallest space I've ever seen a show in.

Next and only show that I have tickets for is to see Vince Staples with JPEGMAFIA supporting. Also planning to see Soccer Mommy, Iceage & Shame, La Dispute & Gouge Away (again), and American Football.

Trying to decide whether I want to catch Earl Sweatshirt. I never listened to his early stuff but Some Rap Songs is so fucking good. Not sure how those songs would carry out live. Not bangers per se.

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
I'm currently at a Panic at the Disco show. Just waiting for the opening act to gtfo.

I was watching them play at some awards show on TV a while back and when the guy playing guitar for them popped up I was like "Hey I went to high school with that guy" Mom didn't believe me till I busted a yearbook out. I guess he plays guitar for them now or something.

Oct 27, 2017
i've been to many metal concerts and a few bigger/commercial bands like blink182

last concert i went to was Trivium a few months ago. they were kickass.
best concert i've been to was probably Cannibal Corpse and Behemoth in 2015... couldn't hear anything for a couple days after that haha.
most unique show was probably Com Truise (synthwave mid-fi), that was glorious set with tons of weed smoke blowing around lol .

i'm looking forward to Tool and Devin Townsend touring in 2019/2020

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
I went to about... 22 concerts last year? When to one (Walk the Moon in Orlando) already but at the moment I plan to go to:

Set It Off
Against the Current
Dance Gavin Dance
Lany
Ariana Grande
The 1975

For this year. I'm hoping to nab BTS tickets for the NJ show but flying to NJ and then having to be at NC the next day for The 1975 seems a little rough.

I love concerts and made it a goal to go to as many as possible last year. This year has kind of been slow for me what with not being able to get some days off from work but I'll probably go to a couple more outside of these.

I'm currently at a Panic at the Disco show. Just waiting for the opening act to gtfo.

Enjoy! Finally got to see them live last year and that was such a good show. Brendon has a lot of energy and can sure as hell sing well live.