• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Chrome Hyena

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
I really don't go to concerts any more 'cause they are just so friggin loud and I value my hearing. I think Foo Fighters were the last band I saw a couple of years ago.

But, I actually have three coming up rapid fire. I figure I better go see Metallica again before it's too late, so seeing them next month. Then Rise Against is doing an acoustic show in Chicago in April, so going to see that. The week before them Polyphia is playing near me, so seeing them. Three of my favorite bands. Going to be awesome.

Where are you seeing them? I'm catching the Indianapolis show. Having seen them since 1999 on Jason's last tour.
Kansas City in March, its close to where I live so will be worth. I'll be seeing KISS there too.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
Don't go to concerts like I did as a kid... But I'm going to see The Sounds of Animals Fighting in a few weeks and I'm fucking HYPED. I believe it's only the third time they've played a set of shows ever.

oggob

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney, Australia
The last 5 headline shows ive been too...

Mar 1, 2018 : Veruca Salt, The Metro Theatre, Sydney
Jan 27, 2018 : Foo Fighters, ANZ Stadium, Sydney
Nov 24, 2017 : Mike Portnoy's Shattered Fortress, The Metro Theatre, Sydney
Nov 11, 2017 : Midnight Oil, The Domain, Sydney
Nov 10, 2017 : The Tea Party, Enmore Theatre, Sydney

Currently nothing on the horizon, but that is also slightly due to lack of funds, fucking kids being expensive...

Given the lack of funds, I'm being more selective, so I'm on the lookout for bands that I have either just once, or none at all...

Wishlist is sizeable, though it's filled with bands unlikely to tour to AU anytime soon, if anyone is willing to fund any band Mike Portnoy is associated with down here that would be great... I'll take any of them.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tyler, the Creator

I don't like concerts though. Haven't gone to one that's seated, but standing around for that fucking long is awful.

Oct 27, 2017
Went to a 3 day festival this weekend in Miami. Saw Beach House, James Blake, Tyler the creator, Erykah Badu, Pussy Riot, and a bunch of other artists. I think I'm getting too lazy for concerts. I hate all the walking involved.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Last one I went to was Mystery Skulls, where I was the oldest person in the room.

Just got tickets to Prodigy in May, that should be dope.

Deleted member 29806

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Germany
Not going that often but was very disappointed with my recent Clutch experience. Two supporting acts (they were OK, but never had that before) and the main act took merely an hour without any encore.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Punchline

They played a show at my friend's studio here in Lancaster, PA last Saturday. They've worked with them to record their most recent album and are old friends of the music scene here. We all went out and got drunk afterwards. It was awesome.

I go to a show about every other week. All local shows. Heavily involved in the music scene here.

Look out for Bells. I feel like they could get somewhat big. Absolutely amazing instrumental band.

Last edited:

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Concert quality isn't nearly as good as studio quality. EDM festivals are the better events as it's just background noise as you get high and fuck.
Who's staying sober at any concert ... a concert is a party. We used to go to all of them. I mean all.
Been to
Ozzfests
Foxfests
Edgefests
Summer Jams
And even Merritt mountain music festivals. Who even knows who I saw there but 250k people one year yeah I believe one of the biggest venues. They needed shuttles for the campgrounds. We rented a motor home man what a time.
Also have seen probably 20 other tours from Metallica to Up In Smoke .

Latest was Alice in chains and my buddy had last night Tragically Hip tickets but I didn't feel right going as I so like them but wasn't a superfan.

I'm good for a while. Partner and I want to go to Tomorrowland some day when daughter is older

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
Its been years since my last concert, which was Ghostface Killah on a little smaller venue. I got so fucking fed up by that performance and them picking up girls from the audience to dance on stage instead of actually giving a performance. I left the place and never looked back.

It's going to be something really special to make me go to a hiphop concert ever again( if CYNE would appear then yes!) atleast.

yepyepyep

Oct 25, 2017
Saw Julia Holter and Mulatu Astatke with the Black Jesus Experience in January.

I might see Laura Jean this Friday if I can be fucked but I think she is starting late and I am usually tired on a Friday.

In March I am seeing Beach House in a couple of weeks and Tropical Fuck Storm. Might see Amyl and the Sniffers too if I can find someone but it is not really the type of gig I would want to go to alone.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Khruangbin. Awesome band.
I like small concerts. Because i actually want to listen to the music.
I hate big concerts where people just go to scream and sing along.The sound is usually terrible too at big concerts.

Planning to go and see Marc Ribot and his band.

Last edited:

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Not going as much as I did as a teen/young adult.

I've seen Metallica for the 3rd time last year.
Coming up:
- Ed Sheran
- Ariana Grande
- Muse

Don't remember in which order.

gigaslash

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I go to jazz gigs a lot, and try to go to opera whenever I can. Doesn't leave much space for "usual" concerts. Last one was Dir en Grey in October and before that Gogol Bordello back in 2016.

Deleted member 7156

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Last concert I went to was Hirasawa Susumu.
Very enjoyable music, but unfortunately the audience was barely moving.

Don't currently have any definite plans for concerts, but gonna enter the lottery to try and go to the Kingdom Hearts Orchestral concert with a couple of friends.

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
I live in a smaller town, so we don't get a lot of acts I'm into very often, which kind of limits how many I end up going to. As I get older, I also find I don't have as much patience for the experience like I used to, haha. I went on a run about a year and a half ago where I tried to go out of town and see someone I wanted to see once a month for the whole year, and I got kind of burnt out on the process pretty hard. Old man status, for real.

To answer the thread's question directly though, Coheed and Cambria last year was the last show I attended. Haven't really looked around to see what will be near me this year so far.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Last shows I went to:

- Coldplay (live open air - always a spectacle)
- Green Day (what an incredible show - so much energy from start to finish)

Upcoming concerts:

- Twenty One Pilots this Sunday. Super hyped about it!

Qasiel

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Last show I went to was Flogging Molly at Shepherd's Bush, London. Pretty great show and I didn't have anything stolen from me unlike last time!

Upcoming shows are 2 Devin Townsend gigs (1 acoustic and 1 full show) and seeing The Levellers perform in a theatre carved into a cliffside. Hoping to go to the Download Festival in June as there are a ton of great acts and it falls over my birthday weekend again.

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Shows I have been to:

-Offspring
-RHCP (4 times, twice when John was with them)
-Green Day (Twice)
-System of a Down
-Biffy Clyro

I would like to see:
-King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard
-Radiohead
-Arctic Monkeys
-Jack White
-Foo Fighters
-Queens of the Stone Age

TSSZNews

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Last show I went to was Jade Bird - really great singer. Excited to get her first record.

I was all about that concert life the past couple of years but had to cut back because of a work schedule change - just don't have the energy for it anymore. Other than Firefly I don't have a ton on the calendar. I'm tempted to see Florence and the Machine when she plays Gov Ball in NYC because the last time I saw her it was a CLINIC. Also want to see The Aces in Philly in a couple weeks but the show's sold out :-\

Oh! I am seeing the Rolling Stones in June. That ought to be great.

Also hoping Paul McCartney rolls back into town for his latest tour - I'm a sucker for his concerts.

Last edited:

wackotic

Aug 14, 2018
Going to concerts is really a hobby for me. I absolutely love live music and spend way too much money on tickets. Last show i went to was Behemoth and At the gates. My next two weeks is probably the busiest its ever been so it is not always like this but it is still pretty crazy.

This week:
Napalm Death & Rotten Sound

Next week:
Steven Wilson
Wheel
Ursus factory & Pearl Harts

Week after:
Alestorm & Skalmöld
Night flight orchestra

For the rest of the spring/summer there is Muse, Devin Townsend, Sleep, Haken, Tuska metal festival, Qstock festival and maybe sideways festival.

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
Last shows I went to:

- Coldplay (live open air - always a spectacle)
- Green Day (what an incredible show - so much energy from start to finish)

Upcoming concerts:

- Twenty One Pilots this Sunday. Super hyped about it!

They def put on a good show. The last few times we saw them I wasn't feeling it but my wife had a great time. Still love their older stuff.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
I've never been to a concert....but my wife wants to go to a BTS concert.....so I will take her.

Jindrax

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The last concert I went to was Chic with Nile Rodgers. I stood in the front row in absolute bliss for over an hour.

On the 3rd of March I'm going to see The Midnight (retrowave). Not sure what this will give.

rudeboyoslo

Jan 5, 2018
I've probably been to hundreds of concerts and festivals over the years. Mostly hip hop, metal and hardcore I guess. I got to see shit like Nirvana and RATM in their prime, I've seen pretty much every local hip hop artist I can think of, and I've been to a bunch of huge arena concerts too. I mostly enjoy smaller venues though. I can't imagine I would be able to list all the artists I've seen, really.

My most recent shows were Behemoth in january, and Slayer/Lamb of God/Anthrax/Obituary in december.

In 2019 I'm planning to see Wu Tang Clan, Agnostic Front, Cardi B, The Cure, Dropkick Murphys, and probably loads more.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
I've never been too much into concerts, especially not the big ones in huge venues. I've seen bands like Muse and (I really don't know why) Coldplay like that, and the sound is always shit and your packed uncomfortably between thousands of people. I've done some festivals too, but only when there was a band I really wanted to see. SeenThe Rolling Stones, Pearl Jam, etc that way

Lately I only have been to smaller concerts, preferably when there is seating. Last concerts I've been too have been Fado concerts by the likes of Camané, Gisela João and Carminho. Other than that I have some fixed bands or musicians I tend to always go see when they come to Belgium, like Mark Lanegan and Eels (the first sticks to smaller concert halls, the latter manages to avoid the really bad ones)

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I last saw Within Temptation, touring for their new album. It was fun, they are great live. I don't really know where I'm going next, there's a couple concerts that mildly interest me but nothing I'm dying to see as of now.

acheron_xl

Oct 27, 2017
MSN, WI
Last show was They Might Be Giants in Iowa City in 2007.

No plans on seeing another show. Any show I have any interest in that comes by always shows up on a weekday or something, and I can't take days off.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
Last gig I went to was Pearl Jam @ O2 Arena last July. I would have liked to have seen Tears for Fears there but I was away for work during those dates

My buckletlist is pretty much Radiohead ------> Everything else at the moment.

The Stig

Oct 25, 2017
Stolen Babies like 6 or 7 years ago. I don't really do concerts much. Very few bands I care enough about to go out and see live seeing as it's usually a bit of a drive for me.

Going to see Buckethead this May though, and I am beyond fucking stoked. I've constantly missed him but not this year.

NekoFever

Oct 25, 2017
I don't go to concerts often but I saw the Rolling Stones last year and they were still awesome.

Enthus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I saw Interpol, Childish Gambino, and Kero Kero Bonito last Fall. I haven't had the free schedule to go to any concerts since then.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
Living in LA, I take advantage as much as I can. I go to at least a dozen concerts a year, often close to 20. In March alone, I'll be seeing Daughters, Nick Mason, Vince Staples & JPEGMAFIA, and Massive Attack. I've also got tickets ready for Planet B, Devin Townsend, Mastodon, King Crimson ready to go. Saw Elton John earlier this year, and late last year saw NIN twice, Merzbow, Childish Gambino, and Ghost. Also saw Daughters last November too and absolutely had to see them again.

oldboss

Nov 9, 2017
Was planning to go to Roadburn (Netherlands) mid-April, saw it was sold-out when I finally decided to get tickets.

Does anyone have tickets to sell, by any chance? ^^

element

Oct 27, 2017
Most recent shows.

Interpol - Moore Theatre - Seattle
MØ - Showbox Sodo - Seattle
Chris Cornell I Am The Highway Tribute - The Forum - Los Angeles
Old '97s - Neptune Theater - Seattle
Reignwolf - The Showbox - Seattle
Tove Styrke - Tractor Tavern - Seattle
Jain - Neumos Seattle
ACL 2019 - Too many to list - Austin
Foo Fighers - Safeco Field - Seattle
Smashing Pumpkins - Key Arena - Seattle

I just moved to San Diego, so my concerts are going to change dramatically since San Diego isn't a first tier tour stop.

Upcoming Shows in San Diego:
Sharon Van Etten
Metric
The Coathangers
Donna Missal
Massive Attack
Julia Michaels
The Japanese House
Wild Belle
Jenny Lewis
The Hives & Refused
The Regrettes
The Dip

Upcoming Show in LA:
The Chemical Brothers
Broken Social Scene

TheZjman

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Last I saw was Chvrches, they were great. Next is the Mountain Goats for like the 20th time.
I also saw Chvrches last, in Birmingham and they were fantastic! Way better than when i saw them four years ago. This year is going to be quite busy for gigs for me which is nice because i went to barely any last year, and i love them! So far have planned in:

Dodie(March)
Honeyblood(two nights in a row, this is my fav band)
Vukovi
Circa Waves
Anne-Marie

Hopefully some more come up i want to see.

Mest08

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I used to go to a lot of concerts, many with friends and a lot with my mom too. I haven't gone in some time, though. I've been too cheap, haven't felt like going out and just kind of lost interest in going to a lot. It's also too much travel now.

The last one might have been Marilyn Manson. It's been years.

The best one was, by far, Nine Inch Nails' Lights Over the Sky of North America tour. I'm glad I bought floors for that, and that it's on YouTube.

I've seen:

KISS x3
Bob Dylan x2 (He sucked both times)
Foo Fighters
Deftones x3
Nine Inch Nails x4
Silverchair x3
Tool
Slipknot x2
Disturbed x2
korn x3 or 4
Marilyn Manson x2
Five Finger Death Punch
Stone Sour
Rush
Boston
Alice Cooper x4
The Police
The Who
AC/DC x2
Goldfinger x7
Weird Al
Fleetwood Mac
Mudvayne
All That Remains
Cheap Trick
Our Lady Peace
Green Day
Blink 182
The Tragically Hip x2
Bachman Cummings x2
Metallica
Linkin Park x3
Lostprophets (grew out of)
Anberlin (not a fan)
Slayer (not a fan)
I haven't been to a concert in a long time, but I've seen Goldfinger more times than you. What did you think about them? I have memories of them being really good, but I recently watched some shows of theirs on YouTube and they kinda sucked.

Metalix

Oct 28, 2017
Saw Dance with the Dead two night ago in London, second time doing so and they're good but for some of their music the sound goes completely wonky. Happened last year, too.

Perturbator in March & MUSE in June on the horizon.

Chimpzy

Dec 5, 2018
I play in a band, so the last gig I went to was my own, 3 weeks ago. But I guess that doesn't really count.

Saw a local band named Hell's Blaze with my bandmates this past weekend. Their drummer is a friend. Most gigs I go to are by friendly bands. We go see them, they return the favor. They give us tips on where to get gigs, we invite them to share billing with us. Sort of a mutual support thing.

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
The last one I saw was a Lorde + Death Cab For Cutie + MGMT + Blondie at a festival. I think the next one I'm going to is Paul McCartney, but I might end up going to see Kamasi Washington before that.

Leithkorias

Oct 27, 2017
Went to videogameslive in early feb. No current plan to go to another concert but I am sure I will as soon as possible.