• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lobdale

Oct 25, 2017
You have been granted the grave power to use the history eraser on a single video game franchise/series, and mutate the future based on the void that its absence creates throughout history.

What do you pick, why, and what is the outcome?

I'd eradicate Kingdom Hearts and the outcome would be that Nomura would still be adding belts to video game characters in games that came out on time.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Spacewar, so that all video games dissapear as a result.

But seriously, this thread is a bad idea, it's just going to become a hate circlejerk.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I would eliminate Valkyria Chronicles if it meant Shining Force was still relevant... and good. But that's not possible so I'll gladly take all the VC I can get.

bane833

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
FIFA because i hope this would have killed EA before they became the monster that they are now.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
I would eliminate Valkyria Chronicles if it meant Shining Force was still relevant... and good. But that's not possible so I'll gladly take all the VC I can get.

Shining Force was dead for like, decades tho, why would the two have anything to do with each other?

I guess I'd erase Assassin's Creed, which I don't even hate. I just think it would be damn interesting to see where Ubisoft would pivot instead, would change the entire industry.

pixelpatron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Seattle
We can ALL agree that Mighty No 9 never existed and that the void that was left behind capcom actually did something with Mega Man.

(Oh wait this already happened).

Cranston

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Wow.

Solely as I'd have managed a better degree (of course, I'd have dicked around on other games, but perhaps not to the same extent).

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Shining Force was dead for like, decades tho, why would the two have anything to do with each other?

I guess I'd erase Assassin's Creed, which I don't even hate. I just think it would be damn interesting to see where Ubisoft would pivot instead, would change the entire industry.
They're both Sega strategy titles, it was either that or Skies of Arcadia and I feel like Shining Force has more in common with VC.

hotcyder

Oct 28, 2017
Final Fantasy

new-moon-with-face_1f31a.png

Max|Payne

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I've already said this before, but the concept of these kinds of threads are faulty.

Just because one franchise you hate wouldn't exist, doesn't mean another worse one wouldn't take its place.

It's like that Hitler thing. Killing him before his rise to power wouldn't guarantee that another evil dictator wouldn't rise to power and fuck things up big time as well.

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd gladly eradicate Uncharted so Eidos wouldn't feel the need to copy it on the modern Tomb Raider games.
Don't erase Uncharted because of Eidos is creatively bankrupt with Tomb Raider. Ask more of your developer, also there's nothing to suggest that they wouldn't arrive at the same destination. Eliminate War Frame and revive Dark Sector. I actually really enjoyed that, much more than War Frame. It felt like a much tighter experience. It's funny that the remains of Dark Sector was the foundation of War Frame.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Elder Scrolls, as much as I'd miss it, but having more Fallouts in return is never wrong. :D

Hayama Akito

Oct 25, 2017
Lair

Factor 5 had an absolutely awesome catalog. One game, JUST ONE FUCKING GAME, and they died.

I know they back now, but come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.