• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TrickyAssist

Banned
Nov 19, 2017
This is coming from the very reputable Tyler McVicker from ValveNewsNetwork:

Video:

Last edited:

TheClaw7667

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't he just leave?

I really hope it's true though. The Portal games had such incredible writing.

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
The dream continu3s.

f366a8fb01b185b512fefe48dd4197c5.gif

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Damn first Jay Pinkerton, then Adrian Finol, and now Erik Wolpaw. This has been quite the year for returning Valve superstars.

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, Erik's a fantastic writer. Hopefully they put him on some projects where he can shine.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
Artifact expansion story!

Honestly if they make Episode 3/Half Life 3, I really hope they go forward and use Marc Laidlaw's Epistle 3. It sounds like such a fitting end to Gordon's story and I can't imagine the game ending any other way.

Cymbal Head

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Valve will ever release a product that makes all the random comings and goings of big names make sense.

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
I wonder what year all this stuff Valve's been building up to gets announced. Unless they've been perpetually starting and cancelling games, they must have some major products ready to announce in the next three years.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, someone has to write flavor text for Artifact.

Chronos

Oct 27, 2017
Unless Laidlaw also comes back I don't think there is anything worth getting excited about.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not getting my hopes up
But if Valve is actually going to develop games again.... nope nope nope not going to get my hopes up.
... Buuut... aaaaah damn it!

Arulan

Oct 25, 2017
The comings and goings of Valve don't merit the drama people often like to impose on them. Valve seems to be very accepting of people leaving for a while to then come back. This is also pretty common in a lot of large tech companies.

They're working on three VR titles, one which is strongly rumored to be Half-Life VR. It's likely we'll see a lot more comings and goings as these develop.

ZeroDotFlow

Oct 27, 2017
The comings and goings of Valve don't merit the drama people often like to impose on them. Valve seems to be very accepting of people leaving for a while to then come back. This is also pretty common in a lot of large tech companies.

They're working on three VR titles, one which is strongly rumored to be Half-Life VR. It's likely we'll see a lot more comings and goings as these develop.
It's true, for tech-oriented or more creative jobs it's generally expected that people will hop around from company to company a lot. It can be easy for people to get stuck at one company with no advancement opportunities or creative chances, leave, then come back with more knowledge and greater options.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Unless Laidlaw also comes back I don't think there is anything worth getting excited about.

Laidlaw retired and is writing books again. Not really sure why this matters so much considering the length of time that has past and how old some of these pedestaled devs / writers etc are. There are lots of great writers around and Valve certainly has been picking some interesting ones up. It's been obvious for several years that VR is the big target of their efforts as a company for the near term.
Being "excited" is probably for the hype mongers. Being interested what in talented devs / writers etc may do is a better response to me

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Cool, hope he gets to work on something narrative driven, even if it isn't Half-life.

The dream continu3s.

f366a8fb01b185b512fefe48dd4197c5.gif

Narratively Portal doesn't need another sequel at all, but I'd still take it obviously.

I imagine that his first task might be lending a hand on In The Valley of the Gods,

Eh, I imagine the story stuff is probably some of the first things they hammered out for that game, given that's kinda their strength.