• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They have arrived at their final destination.

I remember once going down an escalator that was immensely steep. I couldn't help wondering how easily people could go tumbling down if somebody tripped and fell.

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
This is legit my greatest fucking fear.

The stop I go to every day has a MASSIVELY long escalator, and I always have a vision of it letting go for some reason...
journalsqrescalator.jpg

ALSO, everyone needs to remember emergency stops at the top and bottom of these things... looks impossible to hit in that video, but someone at the top can also hit it and hopefully put a stop to it... god damn.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I always use the stairs. The escalator on 72nd/2nd in NYC is insane. It goes vertical and it's got to be the highest escalator I've ever seen.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
The escalator speed in the video looks unreal, that so f-ing scary.

Hope injuries were minimal.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
I hope everyone is alright, that'd be terrifying with the escalator being so crowded.

I've been on an escalator when it's decided to break down and become stairs - thanks Mitch Hedberg - but had never considered the potential for speeding up.

Chromax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Guess it could've been way worse. I've seen some horrifying videos involving escalators.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I always use the stairs. The escalator on 72nd/2nd in NYC is insane. It goes vertical and it's got to be the highest escalator I've ever seen.

I Googled it. That station is 99 feet below ground.

Child's play.

Just saying DC because I know it, Rosslyn is 175 below. Wikipedia says the escalator takes three minutes. I get vertigo whenever I use it.

Oct 27, 2017
This reminds me of a old show I watched when I was a kid that detailed accidents like this and how people survived. One was an escalator that failed, basically collapsed and was grinding people up like hamburger meat.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
A guy got his foot amputated on the spot, from what I have read. Seven gravely injured, 20 total injured.

Jambi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I saved an old man from falling down an escalator backwards at the airport a few months ago. He tripped over his bag and I luckily was able to catch him before he hit his head.

Deleted member 4274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is legit my greatest fucking fear.

The stop I go to every day has a MASSIVELY long escalator, and I always have a vision of it letting go for some reason...
journalsqrescalator.jpg

ALSO, everyone needs to remember emergency stops at the top and bottom of these things... looks impossible to hit in that video, but someone at the top can also hit it and hopefully put a stop to it... god damn.

Given the speed that escalator was going... Ionno. And I'm going to hell for laughing, aren't I? Benny Hill remix coming.

A guy got his foot amputated on the spot, from what I have read. Seven gravely injured, 20 total injured.

Ooooph, didn't see this.

I Googled it. That station is 99 feet below ground.

Child's play.

Just saying DC because I know it, Rosslyn is 175 below. Wikipedia says the escalator takes three minutes. I get vertigo whenever I use it.

HEY!!!!! Stay outta my neighborhood Pikachu !!!

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, that is a really scary video for me considering that I with a very high likelyhood could have been on that escalator on my trip to Rome a few months back. Hope the injuries are minimal.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I don't live in an area with a metro so when I went to DC the escalator in Rosslyn that thing was gigantic and took like 5 years. I wish it moved this fast tbh. It seemed so steep when you started at the top though. It can give you the jitters if you aren't used to it.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
*shudders*

I still get goosebumps thinking about that Chinese escalator incident where the mother falls into a loose plate at the top of the escalator while giving her child she had on her arms to an attendee at the top, just seconds before. She was crushed. (the escalator had an out of order sign)

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That guy in the black hoodie not only realized what was going on and bailed, but immediately started helping people when he got down.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018
There were reports that drunken football fans were jumping on it, and that caused this situation. Also no, there is some serious injuries, one of them lost his leg.

Why would they do something so stupid...
Screams in the video was so horrifying, the whole situation just fucking sucks.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Video looked like it was sped up until I saw the other escalator working properly.

Damn that's fast. I guess whatever safety measure was in place failed?

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Ah shit, and this is the issue... at the bottom of it, plates were ripping off, and those things are basically shears, so you can easily see the injuries happening... HOLY HELL that is scary:
rome-escalator-incident-soccer-fans.jpg

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
That was horrifying. Escalators freak me out, especially the real long ones. Elevators I never feel weirded out though.

Lord Hypnos

Oct 31, 2017
UK
I saw footage of a similar accident a couple of years ago and the thought of this happening is just terrifying, you'd stand little chance when they're that full of people.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
That's terrifying, someone could just fall the wrong way in that clsuterfuck of other people and end up dead if it goes badly enough.