• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
My dads an electrician that used to be brought in ocasionally to other countries after systems have failed or not been put in place properly for various eletrical things. Spain was one he went for a escalator. Says it sucked a woman inside and slowly ripped her apart and dragged the remains through the systems.

I was 10 when he told me.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Good lord, that's horrifying. I was just in Rome last month and used the metro a bit, going to reconsider using stairs in the near-time.

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I've had a mild(?) fear of escalators since way back in the day on like 48 Hours or 20/20 I saw a story about a kid who got thier shoe caught in the gap to the side of the escalator and the force of of dragging thier leg against the side of stairway tore thier calf open.

I avoided ecalators when I could for years, and even now, like two decades later I always double-check my shoe laces and slightly hesitate before stepping onto one. This kind of incidents just reinforce my mistrust.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I've had a mild(?) fear of escalators since way back in the day on like 48 Hours or 20/20 I saw a story about a kid who got thier shoe caught in the gap to the side of the escalator and the force of of dragging thier leg against the side of stairway tore thier calf open.

I avoided ecalators when I could for years, and even now, like two decades later I always double-check my shoe laces and slightly hesitate before stepping onto one. This kind of incidents just reinforce my mistrust.
Don't live like that, my dude. These are freak accidents. Hundreds of millions of people take escalators every single day without any issue.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017

The government used to run 'public information films' in the 70s-80s which were scary as hell. One was about being careful on escalators and I think they had someone wearing wellington boots being 'eaten' by the end of the moving escalator

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
That vid is all kinds of fucked. Escalators should have multiple gear-systems to stop them from ever free-falling like that.

If even a shoe-lace enters the system, the thing should stop dead in its tracks.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
I have heard horror stories about escalators fucking up and messing up peoples legs. So stuff like this horrifies me

My dads an electrician that used to be brought in ocasionally to other countries after systems have failed or not been put in place properly for various eletrical things. Spain was one he went for a escalator. Says it sucked a woman inside and slowly ripped her apart and dragged the remains through the systems.

I was 10 when he told me.
STUFF LIKE THIS