• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
湘南
YES! Please just bring every CAVE game to Switch. Seriously. All the iOS CAVE games lost support when iOS 11 came out and it really bummed me out.

Gestalt

The Fallen
Nov 10, 2017
I'm always up for more Cave in my life. What platform is this for? PC I'm assuming?

clippa

Apr 18, 2018
There was a recent interview where they explained why they aren't releasing on PC or switch just yet

• Why don't M2 bring their releases to Steam and PC? M2 planner Kazuki Kubota acknowledges that even on their trailers for the M2 Shot Triggers series of titles on Youtube, lots of people complain that the games aren't being released on Steam. Horii states that the reason is because they have to account for various PC hardware environments. While their releases work decently on Windows 7, as soon as it hits Windows 10 slowdown occurs, and they haven't found an acceptable solution yet. As soon as they find one, they'll put more effort into PC releases.
  • M2 are currently testing out their M2 Shot Triggers releases on Nintendo Switch, but haven't been able to solve the processing speed and slowdown issues yet in a manner they are satisfied with. However, Horii clarifies that the slowdown has nothing to do with the Joy-Con controllers, contrary to online reports that there is some input delay for them. One of the current releases M2 is working on for the Switch is Sega Ages Thunder Force IV, and until their releases are able to reach that quality, they do not want to release the games.

Another reason to hate windows 10

ShinJohnpv

Oct 25, 2017
This is one of the best shooters of all time so I am super excited for it to finally be getting a home release.

dabbert

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck yes, the art in ra.de is amazing. The intro stages for each character and the penultimate area are aaaaaamazing.

Oct 27, 2017
awesome news! fun scoring system (though milking is kind of insane) and although it's not my favorite cave game I'm excited to play a good port of it since I sold my pcb a few years ago.
very cool to see a game that everyone thought wouldn't happen because of atlus licensing. physical version pleaseeee

GeekyDad

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
USA
That's fantastic. Hope it's touch control like the iOS games. It's hard going back to old controls for these shooters after playing all of Cave's games on iOS.

Dache

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Fuck yes. It's a great game, I love playing it on MAME on my cab, but I'll always support ports to give money to the developers.

M2's PS4 Ketsui port is due out on the 29th Nov too. I've got into it recently once I learned the scoring system loop for it and it's really fun. So I'm itching to get that, but I haven't heard any info on a potential English-language US or EU PSN release. I hope something changes on that front sooner rather than later as it would bode well for ESP Ra.De too.

Deleted member 2620

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so happy about this. I'll always want Ibara the most due to the relative inaccessibility of it, but this is still a fantastic choice.

Will preorder day one ez

sbdesignworks

Nov 2, 2018
Nice! Great news...hopefully they can fix the performance issues and bring the Shottriggers series to Switch one day!

A man can dream!

Deleted member 11018

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was sure of it, but it comes late... Esp.Ra.De... Tokyo 2018 AD :)
It was a given the game would get a fresh release.

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
This is a nice addition to the lineup. Hoping they add more hidden gems in their lineup such as Progear and Ibara Kuro Black Label.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
YES! Please just bring every CAVE game to Switch. Seriously. All the iOS CAVE games lost support when iOS 11 came out and it really bummed me out.

It's absolutely ridiculous because all of the Cave shooters are still for sale on the App Store. Cave just need to recompile them using the latest SDK and we can all play them on our iPhone 8/X/XS/XR and iOS 11 & 12 devices.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
M2 are gods and ShotTriggers is a fantastic series.

need Armed Police Batrider, pleeeeease

If they're announcing this now we probably won't see it until the summer at the earliest, Ketsui and Dangun Feveron both took a really long time from announce

Deleted member 2620

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was there ever reason why they always avoid playstation consoles?

M2 doesn't avoid PlayStation consoles. Cave stuck with 360 because they kept their home port teams super lean and because the 360 managed to drum up a hardcore arcade following in the early days of the generation.

As to why the latter happened... I specifically remember hearing of Sony having 16:9 requirements earlier on that got in the way of Mamoro-kun's port, so I always wondered if that played a role. I'd sooner assume that Microsoft courted G.rev early on with Senko no Ronde X, though, and momentum built from there?

clippa

Apr 18, 2018
That's fantastic. Hope it's touch control like the iOS games. It's hard going back to old controls for these shooters after playing all of Cave's games on iOS.

It'll be old-school digital controls.
Do you know about Aka To Blue? Built and balanced for touchscreen controls by ex Cave devs.

Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tanoshimasu.akatoblue&hl=en_GB
Apple - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/aka-to-blue/id1255167241?mt=8

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
M2 doesn't avoid PlayStation consoles. Cave stuck with 360 because they kept their home port teams super lean and because the 360 managed to drum up a hardcore arcade following in the early days of the generation.

As to why the latter happened... I specifically remember hearing of Sony having 16:9 requirements earlier on that got in the way of Mamoro-kun's port, so I always wondered if that played a role. I'd sooner assume that Microsoft courted G.rev early on with Senko no Ronde X, though, and momentum built from there?

In Cave's case, what kept them off PS3 was Sony knocking back Arika's Ketsui port--they couldn't get it working to their satisfaction on PS2 so they submitted it to Sony in the hopes of making the PS3 launch window and were declined because Sony "didn't want games that would make the new hardware look bad", so the Arika VP went on a tear and that was the end of those plans. Even when Cave did finally show up on X360, they were basically just licensing their games to other devs/pubs for the first couple releases.

M2 obviously supports PS4 and they've released more projects for XB1 than one might presume, they definitely don't pick sides.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
While this topic is on the front page, M2 need to pull their finger out and release these games on European store fronts other than just the German ones. Baffling incompetence.

Slime Stack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Puerto Rico
M2 are gods. Can't wait to play Ketsui when it comes out next week.

ESP Ra De is my favorite first generation Cave game. Can't wait to play it too!