• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
He was on CBS Morning today, and it never boggles my mind where they are all like "The right wing of the party is dangerous, but I'm not one of them because of business and I just want lower taxes"

Love the cognitive dissonance of being involved in heinous treatment of people because you want to knock a couple percent off the ol' bill.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Good to know you won't be shot for committing a terrorist attack on the Capitol and putting your feet up on the Speaker's desk.

phranc

Nov 13, 2017
Well I'm sure he must have thought the same thing about the January 6th insurrectionists.... right? right?

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
giphy-the-critic.gif

Also true.

Sick of these "patriots" waiting to sell their fucking book instead of doing the right thing when it mattered.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprising.

The sadder thing is that a not insignificant amount of the American population probably agrees with him.

This is, again, why all the "why don't the people on the left fight dirty or fight harder to stop things like this from happening" stuff doesn't seem possible. Too many people actively agree with this sort of thing, and other things on the fascism spectrum in general.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
On how he responds to critics who say he saved troubling, behind-the-scenes details of the Trump administration for a book deal:

I would say that I saw these things happen and did something. I stayed in the fight, in the game, and managed to avoid bad things happening. If you read the book, you'll see any number of cases where I was able to steer off or push back bad things from happening that I am convinced that if I had left, if I had resigned on the spot in protest – which by the way, would have been a whole lot better for me personally – I truly believe that these bad things would have happened. And my bottom line was I could do more good for the country, for the American people, if I stayed rather than if I walked away, particularly since I was so confident that President Trump would put in an uber loyalist who would do exactly what he wanted to do."

this is an extremely bad answer to the question. lol.

"Why did you save this information for a book deal?"
"If you read the book, you'll see..."

buddy.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Also true.

Sick of these "patriots" waiting to sell their fucking book instead of doing the right thing when it mattered.
Are any of these books even selling well? The man wanted to nuke hurricanes, suggested injecting disinfectants, and threw paper towels at Puerto Ricans like he was firing t-shirts out of a cannon at a baseball game. Like, we get it.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Are any of these books even selling well? The man wanted to nuke hurricanes, suggested injecting disinfectants, and threw paper towels at Puerto Ricans like he was firing t-shirts out of a cannon at a baseball game. Like, we get it.

Anything Trump related seems to sell well enough, from what I understand.

Particularly if the author explains something both horrific and insane in great detail.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Of course he completely skirts the actual book deal question and just restates his "Why I stayed" answer.

I'm perfectly willing to accept that some people even high up stayed because of their fears of what Trump would do.
Staying the entire time, saying nothing about it to Congress or the public, then talking about it over a year and a half later in the context of a book deal immediately nullifies whatever honor there might have ever been in staying with the hopes you could blunt Trump's worst instincts.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck this guy, who is buying all these rats books anyway
I assume libraries everywhere have to buy them
We have dozens of copies of all these idiots shit and we aren't even in murica

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
He said, I believe during his first campaign, that he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and people would still vote for him. This seems entirely unexpected and his base would have loved him for being "tough" on "rioters".

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
Trumps a fucking psycho. Remember when he wanted to build a moat on the border with fucking alligators ? He also wanted to build holes at the bottom to shoot immigrants in their legs! He wanted to nuke a fucking hurricane. Am I remembering all that correctly?

He should be committed to Arkham asylum asap

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
" When the looting starts, the shooting starts " was a dead giveaway to me that something like this was actually suggested. It was no small part of my personal anxiety at the time.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
This isn't news; anonymous sources in the White House leaked all this to the press in June 2020. All Esper's book does is put a name on record confirming this exchanged happened.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I believe him.

But also I don't like that his answer to the question, "Why did you wait for a book deal?" is...

"Buy my book."

onyx

Dec 25, 2017
I feel like this was known about. Even if it wasn't there is already more than enough on Trump as it is. This is just more for the pile. Republican (elected and voters) don't care and too many Democrats still think, and hope things can go back to normal.

Culex

Oct 29, 2017
The fact that we hear about this in a book and not some press conference or prime time interview is all you need to know.

SquirrelSr

Oct 26, 2017
Of course the wanna-be dictator thought people protesting him made him look weak. His ego doesn't allow for anything other than blind loyalty and sacrifice for his orange ass.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
The only good thing about his presidency is that he's so brazen with stuff like this there's no way he'll get elected again.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
Thank you sir for waiting until you have a book coming out to say this.

Didn't you hear? He didn't say anything then and kept working for him to collect other stories for his book stop other bad things from happening. If you buy his book, you'll see...

" When the looting starts, the shooting starts " was a dead giveaway to me that something like this was actually suggested. It was no small part of my personal anxiety at the time.

werent they like, "what hes saying is that the protestors are going to start killing people next!" lol.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Stuff like this reminds me of the Kent State shootings, and while they're remembered today as a great historical tragedy of the 60s, at the time more people were in favor of it than against it -- including the parents of the students who were shot!

good thing there's still time to hold him accountable for it right?

right?
Well, he did lose the election.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
Hey now, he said "in the leg"!

He didn't want to kill them, just maim them!
But also, when a cop feels their life is in danger for any reason, they have to empty their mag in the center of mass, because anyone who knows anything about guns knows that going for a leg shot is the dumbest idea ever.

And also, Donald Trump is a real manly guy, a real alpha leader who can represent the silent majority of America's rural areas because he understand what the left coast has forgotten.

Republicans will express all three of these sentiments, possibly one after the other, because logical consistency isn't important to them.