• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Enes Kanter has been a vocal critic of Erdogan, and recently refused to travel with the Knicks for a game in England, out of fear for his life.

Turkey accusing Enes Kanter of being part of terrorist group

Turkish prosecutors are seeking an international arrest warrant for New York Knicks center Enes Kanter, accusing him of membership in a terror organization.

Sabah newspaper says the Istanbul chief prosecutor's office had also prepared an extradition request for the NBA player.

While the Knicks are overseas, Kanter has posted a number of photos of himself meeting with U.S. congressmen. He also wrote an opinion piece in The Washington Postexplaining his decision and his reasons for standing against Erdogan.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh geez, I hope they can catch this terrorist before it's too late and he kills again.

Oct 25, 2017
I guess the Turkish gov figured that with Trump around there's a .001% chance of this going through as opposed to 0

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The NBA and it's wealthy owners better protect Enes. This is fucked up, didn't Erdogan lock his dad up in retaliation?

BanGy

Oct 25, 2017
James Dolan tenure is awful and all but I don't think the Knicks count as a terror organization, at least not yet.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
I hope Enes is able to pull through and is protected from Erdogan. He needs to keep speaking out with the platform he has.

Turkey is close to a recession and I'm hoping the tide will soon turn against Erdogan.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
This whole shit is a stage show. Erdogan and Gulen are still best buddies ever. Erdogan can do these silly acts as he wants but everyone knows he still funds many Gulen organizations in Turkey. He's doing all these things just to look cute to his gulf overlords. Turanist-Turkist Islamic sects are biggest enemy of gulf Nations like Qatar, Kuwait and those guys refuse to invest in Turkish construction business as long as Gulenist threat is there. this is just Erdogan saying "look, I'm spanking these bad kids. Now come pls". Erdogan had always been a huge supporter of "Turks are the owners of the Islam not Arabs" organizations in Turkey and he always will be.

I'm pretty sure they will either "fail" getting the warrant or... No, they will just "fail".

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
Bill Browder, give this man strength!

Isn't this like the second time they tried?
The NBA and it's wealthy owners better protect Enes. This is fucked up, didn't Erdogan lock his dad up in retaliation?
His family including his dad already disowned him

Yes yes, and yes. It was in Romania (before their customs agents were like, "wait, lemme get the US embassy first...), and they did make his family disown him, then locked up his father when he wouldnt' come home and the above snatching incident failed. Reccip is one of those people as the wheels come off his shitshow.

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I wonder if Enes will show his defensive prowess when eluding Turkish agents.

Hopefully a team mate can set up a solid pick as he rolls away and in the Knick getaway car. (getaway car is 1973 Volkswagen beetle, painted light green with white poka dots and hood painted red)

To be serious; This is such bullshit. NBA/USA needs to protect him.