• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017

I'm making this thread because I know these people in this guild and have close ties.
For people who are unaware Josh was a prominent irl twitch streamer whilst he was playing for the WoW guild Method and was accused of multiple instances of grooming/sexual assault/coercion.

This all came out nearly TWO YEARS AGO when kotaku made an article on it. https://www.google.com/amp/s/kotaku...mer-turns-out-to-be-a-creep-or-1832734851/amp
There are also COUNTLESS blatant clips of this happening all over the internet.

What gets me the most is the "effective immediately" bullshit.
Truth is they kept this slime on the roster because he's one of the best healers on earth and they wanted the competitive advantage he brought. Now that the expansion is over they decided to remove him.

Their social media manager's response (by the way she's been working there ever since the guy joined the guild, she knew about all of this) -

EDIT:

More and more of underage grooming accusations are cropping up now, all with proof.

EDIT: The reason he was banned from twitch (it was rape allegations) (Warning, this is super graphic. I saw clips of the stream she's describing, immediately knew something was wrong back then but he was dead silent on what happened and then just went poof from the platform and twitter/discord)

Allegations were made against the Method Co-founder today and the response is pitiful, allegations and responses can be found in threadmarks.

EDIT:
Statement on Josh (holy shit it's bad) in threadmarks

Last edited:

SnazzyNaz

The Wise Ones
Nov 11, 2019
This and the Evil Geniuses thing are both pretty disgusting. I'm happy these guys are finally getting kicked to the curb, don't get me wrong, but going 2-3 years before their organizations moved a finger is pretty shit. And yeah that "effective immediately" line is a bit of a hoot.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't say I'm surprised anymore, after Chris G's departure, I think more will be getting let go.

It's good but fuck these companies for keeping them on the books for so long.

OP
OP
Milennia

Milennia

Oct 25, 2017
By the way all of us in the high end wow community knew about his shit, EVERYONE KNEW.
We knew method was keeping him on despite everything, there's 0 explanation.

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope these companies will fire these kinda people or not give them a contract, even when this isn't a big newstopic in the gaming world anymore

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Oh yeah fuck this guy with a god damn passion. His org's a POS for keeping him on after his incident with another streamer that got him indefinitely banned on twitch.

OP
OP
Milennia

Milennia

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah fuck this guy with a god damn passion. His org's a POS for keeping him on after his incident with another streamer that got him indefinitely banned on twitch.
Literally PERMA banned on twitch for sexual assault and it wasn't even acknowledged, not a fucking word from them

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Literally PERMA banned on twitch for sexual assault and it wasn't even acknowledged, not a fucking word from them
It blows my fucking mind that this org had kept him on FOR A GOD DAMN YEAR after it. But hey I guess he's good at wow so that's enough for them. Fuck Method as an org entirely.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
I always wondered, outside of Sco and Rogersbrown are any of the Method players actually paid to play?

As for Josh yeah they kept him way too long as is

Perfect Chaos

Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA, USA
Good riddance to Josh, dude was a scumbag.

The high-end WoW community is kinda slimy, in general. Even beyond stuff like this, the amount of casual racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, etc. that you run into is just gross.

Perfect Chaos

Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA, USA
This is true of pretty much every guild, you get all shades of life
That's true, and to be clear, I'm not saying it's a problem unique to the high-end community, but some high-end players end up becoming community celebs of a sort, and in some cases have monetary or other organizational support that can enable, exacerbate, and lend legitimacy to or cover for their worst traits and behaviors.

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Damn, I didn't realize MethodJosh was this slimy piece of shit. I did see he was randomly permabanned and there was never anything made public at the time, I assumed it must have been bad and he always skirted that line from the little I saw of him, wow.

ScubaSteve693

Banned
Mar 26, 2020
My problem with this whole thing is the fact that people like Sco, like Roger, like Sascha, KNEW ABOUT THIS FOR YEARS. They keep him around, and honestly as bad as it sounds, Method as an organization and a company deserves any punishment they get from sponsors and the like. People like the ones I mentioned should not be given a pass (I know Sascha isn't), but people like Sco and Roger knew of the person Josh was, and kept him around. They are just as bad and should be held accountable for it just as much as Josh.

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
Method knew all about it forever, that's probably one of the reasons they didn't stream the race with the voice chat on, too scared to let slurs slip for sure.
Method must be such a disgusting and toxic environment if those people are the higher ups.

OP
OP
Milennia

Milennia

Oct 25, 2017

We finally got the explanation for what happened the day before he started acting weird and was then perma banned. This is what he was banned for.

WARNING THIS IS BAD, like one of the worst things i've read
Found a clip of when she got back home https://livestreamfails.com/post/52815

Last edited:

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

We finally got the explanation for what happened the day before he started acting weird and was then perma banned. This is what he was banned for.

Good lord. Josh was bad enough last year, the shit coming out today...I can't even post the shit I'd do to that sick fuck.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
Lol as someone who was in a bleeding edge wow guild for a while, everyone knows that Method harbors complete fucking scumbags and assholes alike. They were fully aware of how fucking creepy this piece of shit was. Fuck Method.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
They knew about this shit the entire time. Then you have the Annie tweet too about Sascha at the org. Method is trash.

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

That is one of the most disturbing things I've ever read. The authorities need to be involved in this, especially if there's evidence of him sexually grooming preteens. He's a danger to society.

People like this have the power to abuse women because of the status that Twitch and Method provide them. If Twitch and/or Method knew about this, they've directly facilitated rape and sexual grooming of children.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That is one of the most disturbing things I've ever read. The authorities need to be involved in this, especially if there's evidence of him sexually grooming preteens. He's a danger to society.

People like this have the power to abuse women because of the status that Twitch and Method provide them. If Twitch and/or Method knew about this, they've directly facilitated rape and sexual grooming of children.
They absolutely did. The Kotaku story is from LAST YEAR. Twitch perm'd him, not for no reason. It's not like Method went 'huh weird wonder why you got banned, oh well'

OP
OP
Milennia

Milennia

Oct 25, 2017

This is a really dark story. The sad part is a lot of the internet breeds people like this.
People take their personas to new heights and become that thing.
I've seen many instances of online coercion etc. in my time as a top world raider, luckily nobody in my own guilds, but we all talk and everyone knows each other.

After reading that and knowing method knew about this the entire time and kept him because he was a good player is beyond abhorrent. It's literally earth core level disgust.
The organization has since grown into nearly every single esport imaginable. They should be fucking RIBBED for this as a company.

Wintermute

Oct 27, 2017
been waiting to hear something like this for a long time. finally. fuck method for keeping him on long after the accusations started surfacing.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
My problem with this whole thing is the fact that people like Sco, like Roger, like Sascha, KNEW ABOUT THIS FOR YEARS. They keep him around, and honestly as bad as it sounds, Method as an organization and a company deserves any punishment they get from sponsors and the like. People like the ones I mentioned should not be given a pass (I know Sascha isn't), but people like Sco and Roger knew of the person Josh was, and kept him around. They are just as bad and should be held accountable for it just as much as Josh.
Sco is a known piece of shit that dropped N bombs on some of my guildmates. My time playing in EU wow was one of the most toxic, worst times of my game career. A lot of that has to do with Method and their guild poaching bullshit. Their discord during world first races are muted because they're all racist and homophobic as fuck and can't put on an act for hours at a time. They just have to mute it.

Method co-founder allegations
OP
OP
Milennia

Milennia

Oct 25, 2017

Their co-founder was accused by a larger streamer who used to be apart of the org a few years ago -

AND ANOTHER ALLEGATION:

This is Sco (the current head CEO of the company and GM of the WoW guild, who by the way has said NOTHING about the Josh situation) trying to make a statement defending his longtime friend -

Absolutely horrific shit going on right now.

ScubaSteve693

Banned
Mar 26, 2020
I have never liked Sco, just his personality didn't vibe with me well and he seemed conceited. This puts the icing on the cake that this man is a piece of shit, I am glad people are confronting him about this on multiple fronts, whether it be the Annie information, Josh, Sasha, whoever. He deserves the hellfire coming to him.

OP
OP
Milennia

Milennia

Oct 25, 2017
I have never liked Sco, just his personality didn't vibe with me well and he seemed conceited. This puts the icing on the cake that this man is a piece of shit, I am glad people are confronting him about this on multiple fronts, whether it be the Annie information, Josh, Sasha, whoever. He deserves the hellfire coming to him.
He turned into a cold, bottom-line business man many years ago. I hope the whole company burns for this.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
So many men are very unaware of what they are actually doing by being blissfully ignorant and thinking sex is a zero sum game. I've been around way too many people who have casually spoken about shit they've done and it all is exactly what all these accusations over the past days are highlighting.

This world is disgusting.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

From the twitlonger : "He said the weirdest thing that night that stuck with me for ages, I asked him what the weirdest thing he'd ever jerked off to was. He said he loves imagining commiting mass genocide, lining up one race against a wall and just shooting them all. It didn't seem like the appropriate time for a joke but I laughed anyway, "

WHAT

THE

FUCK

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017

Jesus Christ, I'm so fucking pissed, from what she's saying he's an actual psychopath. There's such a clear connection between how serial rapists and serial murderers treat their victims and for all we know Josh might be the serial rapist type that wishes he could graduate to the next thing. He always had kind of an off sense of humor but he was apparently good enough at hiding what his true intentions are. I do recall seeing that clip of his stream when she was leaving his place crying.

Nov 14, 2017

It was pretty obvious he'd done this. Someone asked her on stream what happened a while back and she just burst into tears and didn't want to talk about it. He should be in jail.

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
Just read everything, Method knew and kept this all hidden.. all for the sake of money (of course), and World Firsts. Fucking scum.

Cobra

Mar 2, 2019
Poopernoodle's story was really difficult to read. I remember seeing her reaction on that stream, I knew something happened you could just tell.

Method absolutely knew but did it to protect their brand. This went on for what 3 years? Horrific.

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
Basically this dude gets off on treating people like trash. He abused Poopernoodle sexually, physically, emotionally. He fantasises about mass murder, choking, killing.

Then it's easy to throw away the trash: insult them, crush them, gaslight them, make them feel like they were the abuser... Poopernoodle rejected him, Poopernoodle ruined his confidence, Poopernoodle is ruining his life, he is afraid of people coming to his door now.

Absolute psychopath, based on the evidence we have, a psychopath who needs to be in prison for quite some time.

And Sco and Method and others knowingly and willingly profit off the psychopath, a psychopath who has wormed his way into a position of influence and coercion. They are in effect exchanging rape for profit.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I can't read any more of these. And this one is just super fucked up.
At the very least the irredeemable scum in charge of Method need to be ousted and never be allowed to work in a position of power ever again.
Perhaps the entire organization needs to be disbanded.

The rapist psycho needs to be in prison.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
This guy checks off every box for antisocial personality disorder. And he had a whole team of enablers.

The police need to get involved before someone else gets hurt or killed.

eebster

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I saw this guy in the Rajjchellor show once. Didn't know him before and he came off as a massive creep and weirdo. I remember some racist stuff too? Not sure. I didn't know if it was all just some incel act that he is doing for the stream. I guess it wasn't

Here it is for anyone wondering

OP
OP
Milennia

Milennia

Oct 25, 2017
I saw this guy in the Rajjchellor show once. Didn't know him before and he came off as a massive creep and weirdo. I remember some racist stuff too? Not sure. I didn't know if it was all just some incel act that he is doing for the stream. I guess it wasn't

Here it is for anyone wondering

This is the most insane thing.
The dude had a persona that ended up just being his real self and nobody knew how bad it really was until it got really bad.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone who saw those streams knew Josh must have done something really awful since even on stream he was acting terribly towards her. There's no way people in Method didn't know about this and they had his back for years since he helps get them world first.

Only reason they're doing something now is because people outside the guild know the details of what actually happened.