• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Sports Party:

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/Synopsis.aspx?Certificate=35800&Title=Sports+Party

This is a collection of competitive outdoor sports games that can be played alone or against others. Games include golf, frisbee, basketball, beach racquetball, skateboarding, and jet skiing.

Hasbro Game Night:

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/Synopsis.aspx?Certificate=35764&Title=Hasbro+Game+Night

This is a collection of board games that include Monopoly, RISK, and Trivial Pursuit Live. In RISK, players use dice rolls to control groups of tanks as they attempt to take over the world. Tanks shoot at each other in brief animations, and certain dice rolls result in helicopters/planes dropping bombs on enemy units. Brief combat is highlighted by gunfire, explosions, and radio chatter (e.g., "Take 'em out!" and "Kill confirmed").

America's Greatest Game Shows: Wheel of Fortune & Jeopardy!:

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/Synopsi...atest+Game+Shows:+Wheel+of+Fortune+&+Jeopardy!

This is a compilation of two TV game shows: Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy. Players compete to solve word puzzles by revealing hidden letters, and earn the most points by answering trivia questions in various categories.

Had to make a bit of a generic title due to the long game titles. I wonder if Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy are ports of THQ's (later republished by Nordic Games) versions that both got Wii U ports developed by Pipeworks.

71MO24x3zjL._UL500_.jpg
51oAO4TmGqL.jpg

Any interest in these?

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really? This isn't who the Switch is catered too. Are these going to be announced in the Nintendo Direct.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): History of System warring, low-effort post.
Perfect for Switch.

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
Really? This isn't who the Switch is catered too. Are these going to be announced in the Nintendo Direct.

Could be, but I think Nintendo usually now doesn't announce these kinds of games in directs since I think they know the audience doesn't care for these kinds of games. Ubisoft might include them in a PR alongside any bigger core game announcements though.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
inb4 entitled gamers complaining that not every game is made for them--woops they're there already

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
Just realized this makes Monopoly REALLY redundant, maybe even more than Ultra Street Fighter 2 post-SF 30th Anniversary Collection.

This will now include it and two other games (both were actually rated in Taiwan and I think via USK in Germany separately).

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Three games that the enthusiast gamer would find confusing as to why it exists on a popular gaming console.

Brandon

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The current release of Monopoly is the only third-party Switch game I own.

Sports Party is a Wii port.

Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy are not the Wii U ones, Ubisoft released new ones on PS4 last year.

Last edited:

Rust

Jan 24, 2018
Arent these already on PS4/XBO?
Why is a family/casual title suited for them, but not Switch?
Trivial Pursuit on the go could be rad if it has DLC topical question packs.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
nafjMD5.png

Listen it's 4 AM here and I tried my best . Pat for Smash !

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I guess The Runaway Guys have some more material then, that should be fun.

And lol Saint-14.

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
they sold over 2 million Mario v Rabbids I hoped they would figure this out, come on Ubi

unicornKnight

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
It would be interesting to get a Rabbids collection on Switch.

I wonder if Nintendo asked for Ubisoft not to release any other Rabbids games for a period of time so that Mario + Rabbids remains in the spotlight?
Nah... Mario + Rabbids got most of its spotlight because of Mario. It would make sense however to release more Rabbids games now that this game did so well in Switch. Personally I'd like to see Rabbids Go Home ported since I read this was a decent adventure game and not a mini games compilation like the rest.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Not interested in them, but I don't have any issue with these games coming out for the Switch. I also find it ironic that some people will say "Switch is starting to get shovelware" when all these games (and more) are already out on PS4.

The one issue I do have with these is that it seems (emphasis on seems) that Ubisoft is doubling down lately only on this type of games for the Switch.

THAT said, I do recall that it was mentioned somewhere that Switch will also get Child of Light and a couple of other similar type (new) games. As long as that happens, I am happy. Though an Assassin's Creed something (e.g. Ezio Collection) would be nice

Last edited:

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
Not interested in them, but I don't have any issue with these games coming out for the Switch. I also find it ironic that some people will say "Switch is starting to get shovelware" when all these games (and more) are already out on PS4.

I don't have nothing to add to this message of Pooroomoo . He perfectly summarizes my exact feelings.

But I will add how disgusting is the current trend of judging what other people are doing with their hard earned money.

Thanks to a lot of hardcore gamers for trying to save my poor soul of casual experiences.

But seeing how a lot of my favorite contemporary games like endless runners in mobile, which are the contemporary equivalent of the amazing early-80s score based games, are judged by this same users as "shovelware cheap mobile ports" when finally they are released in consoles, I will say that I will continue playing the games that I like. And I will add that some of these "casual mobile" games like 'Super Hexagon' are among my all-time favorites.

And I'm sure that these Ubi games will find an audience among people with families, and they will have a lot of fun playing with their kids.

And it's amazing that the video game medium is also offering these type of family-friendly experiences, even when they seem to make really nervous to some people.

And now, insert all your funny gifs.

Amaterasu

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Well some people must be buying these types of games, so whatever makes them happy, I guess.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
i hope giant bomb quick looks the game show ones, the ones they did of the wii versions ubisoft put out are classic

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
day 1 on all three
do these games come out for other platforms too, or do publishers reserve them for nintendo consoles?
i still like ubi's switch support tho. got rayman legends and mario+rabbids, interested in child of light, very excited for trials rising, and looking forward to their next collab with nintendo after m+r and starlink

Oct 31, 2017
I was told by a Ubisoft developer at Insomnia 63 that ubisoft was very very pleased with switch and had unannounced titles still to get released. Its great that they are doing a sort of sports game as this is great for family's lets hope it has great gameplay.

Last edited: