• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nordicus

Oct 29, 2017
Finland
CPjMSV3.png

For first time in centuries...

The Eternal Throne sits empty...

Developer & Publisher: Dire Wolf Digital
Early Access Release Date: Nov 19th 2016
Full Release Date: Nov 15th 2018
Price: Free-to-Play
Expansions:
  • Jekk's Bounty (campaign Feb 16th '17)
  • Omens of the Past (set 2 July 14th '17)
  • The Tale of Horus Traver (campaign Nov 3rd '17)
  • The Dusk Road (set 3 Dec 17th '17)
  • Dead Reckoning (campaign Mar 7th '18)
  • The Fall of Argenport (set 4 Jun 28th '18)
  • Into Shadow (campaign Oct 3rd '18)
  • Defiance (set 5 Dec 13th '18)
  • Homecoming (campaign Mar 28th '19)
  • Dark Frontier (set 6 May 9th '19)
  • Trials of Grodov (mini-expansion July 24th '19)
  • The Flame of Xulta (set 7 Oct 7th '19)
  • Promises by Firelight (campaign Dec 19th '19)
  • Echoes of Eternity (Set 8 Feb 11th '20)
  • Whispers of the Throne (mini-expansion March 30th '20)
  • Shadow of the Spire (mini-expansion May 4th '20)

Available: Steam(Windows/Mac), Google Play, App Store, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch

RQyLxT5.png

Eternal is a strongly Magic the Gathering inspired collectible card game, set in a sort of Weird West type fantasy setting. It was created by various MtG vets like Luis Scott-Vargas and Patrick Chapin. A lot of tweaks have been made to old paper game oriented rules to make the experience more suitable for digital format, while not losing too much of the depth.

It has the best draft mode in digital CCGs and one of the best F2P models.

giu4xWF.png

Solo modes:

Campaigns
contain both the 5 basic tutorial campaigns that you do at the beginning of the game, and the paid campaign expansions that have been released so far. All fights reward specific cards upon completion.

Puzzles teach various corner case mechanic interactions and are an excellent learning tool at the beginning of the game. They reward a bit of gold when you first complete them.

Gauntlet is where you can fight against AI with your constructed deck and get gold rewards. 7 fights against different decks, and the final battle is against a gimmick boss if you beat 6 without losing. It is infinitely grindable, although the rewards are slightly rear loaded, so for maximum value you need to get to the end consistently. Good, stress-free source of gold for beginners, as the first 5 full clears give massive rewards for going up "Gauntlet divisions". The divisions, and thus the rank-up rewards, are reset every new set.

Forge is a draft mode against AI, with Hearthstone-ish "pick 1 card of 3" until you have a full deck. You fight until you beat 7 AI opponents or lose twice, better rewards the longer you survive. Price of 2500 gold or 250 gems ($2.50) might initially feel a bit steep, but gaining gold is fast in this game, and you keep all your draft picks, letting you go even with a record of 3-2 already. Another good source of initial cards and gold for newcomers when Gauntlet gets stale.

Versus modes (including friendly challenges, which you can play through friendlist):

Event
is a seldom available special mode for deck brewers that opens up once in a while. You pay an entry fee, and register a deck that follows the mode's various, sometimes silly deck rules, and fight other players' decks for rewards until specific win or loss limit. Run length increases rewards, and so do your first 20ish matches for leaderboard, which also reward packs for success. It never hurts to try once, you get enough packs back with first try.

Expedition is a fairly new rotating constructed mode, started about Set 6. Eternal has already accumulated a fairly large number of cards, some of them have been played for 3 years, and Expedition is Eternal's currently experimental rotating format. As of now, Expedition format contains the latest full set, and a big chunk of older cards that synergize with it on some level, with exception of some of the most played (and complained about) old meta cards. It is not based on sets, the older inclusions are fully curated and you can turn on a filter on the deckbuilder to only show Expedition-legal cards. All draft cards are legal in Expedition.

Casual is somewhere to play your decks against other players without much risk, it has its own MMR. You can complete any daily versus quests here, and it does give small gold amounts for wins.

Ranked is simply ranked ladder. The "main constructed mode" with better win rewards than Casual.

Draft is the real deal. For entry fee of 5000 gold or 500 gems ($5), you open four 12-card packs (two packs of newest set, and 2 "curated" packs of various suitable older cards) and pick a card of your choice from them, and pass the packs on. This is proper Magic the Gathering style draft, as you keep the cards you pick. However, drafts are asynchronous, so packs do not cycle back. You draft in queues rather than pods/groups, so reading signals is less useful, however not pointless. Queue A will give you packs 1 and 4, while queue B will give you packs 2 & 3. If you don't raredraft (just picking all expensive cards for constructed/crafting) you still get even at draft record 2-3. The rewards for better runs are massive, you play up to 7 wins, so this is where you should spend your gold on, rather than packs, 99% of the time.

(Sealed) League
is basically a month-long Event, and it's currently how Eternal does the "Sealed" format familiar from MtG. You get 2x the packs you get in Draft, and try to make a deck out of it. Then, on weeks 2, 3 and 4 of monthly League, you get additional packs to upgrade your deck. Your rewards are decided by your Leaderboard rank, and your first 10 matches each week contribute to it (can be stacked on later weeks). It is not a particularly gold-efficient game mode when compared to Draft, but it has higher floor of expected value for beginners, and unlimited matches in a Limited format. Might wanna spend time and gold there if Draft feels intimidating but you want to play against others with low power decks.

H07ufEa.png

Official Reddit

Official Discord

My personal invite link for account creation if you want to start with 3 extra packs and a deck

Eternal Warcry for card database, decks, tournaments, and other features.

Articles:
Eternal World Championship 2020 info

Twitch extension for streamers

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nordicus

Nordicus

Oct 29, 2017
Finland
Right now trying to do some lower curve tempo praxis "sentinels/explorers matters" stuff, but earlier on I was making this really funny FTS brew that's like half Sentinel deck... but it also has a Nightfall Lifeforce ramp plan into Hall of Lost Kings.

It is sort of amazing when your deck can cast t5, or t6 Hall of Lost Kings as an x2 inclusion in the deck and not feel dumb doing it. If I don't hit the health threshold, I already had other bigger problems trying to play a 7-drop anyway so that 26 HP is rarely matters.
I just came to give respect for the Doc Holliday reference.
Damn, didn't think anybody'd catch that so early. Worth!

OP
OP
Nordicus

Nordicus

Oct 29, 2017
Finland
Game is down for patch right now!

1.28 Patch Notes

New Promo Card: Bloodscent Avisaur

Over the next few weeks, you'll be able to collect all four copies of the new card with your first versus win each day!

New Puzzles

New advanced puzzles are now available!

The collection of new puzzles brings the total puzzle count to over 100! So, a new achievement has been added for completing 100 puzzles.

Draft Update and Card Changes

Pack passing in Draft has been updated and there are multiple card balance updates. Please check out the full list of changes in the Draft and Card Changes tile.

AI Deck Updates

Several of the new and updated AI decks containing cards from The Dusk Road have been modified to reduce difficulty. As always, we'll keep an eye on their performance and make any additional changes as needed.

UI Updates

All cards now indicate which set they're from when full-zoomed in the deckbuilder.

Premium avatars for sale in the store can now be previewed on the playmat.

Theme decks for sale in the store will now highlight the rare cards they contain in the preview.

While not expected, if matching fails for any reason, you'll now be notified and encouraged to queue again.

The new queue screen should now have indicators that display if you are experiencing poor internet connection.

Improved Network Stability

Matches should be more resilient to high latency networks. If you run into issues when attempting to reconnect, please send feedback through the options menu in game.

Performance

We've made multiple performance improvements across all platforms to reduce load times and smooth game play. As always, if you run into any performance issues, please send feedback through the options menu in game.

Bug Fixes

General

You can now change the quantity of a card in the Create All modal.

Bushes below the enemy totem should no longer cover your void.

UI

Replay should no longer remove the Night visuals from the playmat.

Gameplay

When cards with dynamic costs are played by card abilities for free, they should no longer reduce the dynamic effect by 2.

Spells with Overwhelm should now properly redirect to the enemy player if their original target was removed in response.

Card Fixes

Thudrock, Arctic Artisan now has custom VFX for the Snowman created.

If Levitate's target dies in response, you should now still draw the card.

Stirring Sands should now work if played from Great-Kiln Titan's ability.

Units that cause a card to be drawn as a result of being played should now properly get the +1/+1 from Tesya, Omen Shaper if she is on top of the deck.

Panoptic Guardian should now still display the top card of a deck after that top card was changed from Scout.

Winter's Grasp should no longer indefinitely stun units that were transformed at Night.

Dragonbreath targeting a unit with Overwhelm should still deal damage to the enemy player if the target was removed from play in response.

Valkyrie Bodyguard should no longer be able to use Killer if the player has no armor.

Pummel should no longer be playable unless you have an attacking unit.

Patch 1.28 - Draft & Card Changes
Update to the Dusk Road Draft Format

To provide increased control over The Dusk Road draft experience, both Dusk Road packs passed in a draft will come from the same player (player A), and the Omens of the Past and The Empty Throne packs will come from the same other player (player B). We have also introduced a new collation system that will be used with Dusk Road packs (and other packs going forward) to help increase diversity among commons. These changes allow for better use of the signals from the first pack of The Dusk Road, in predicting what might show up in the second pack of The Dusk Road.

Players will now also have more control over the player passing to them for Omens of the Past and The Empty Throne.

Card Changes Aimed at Draft

Valkyrie Arcanist - Now 6JJ (instead of 5JJ)

Emerald Spear - Now 7J +4/+3 (instead of 6J +3/+3)

Frontier Confessor - Now 4J 3/2 (instead of 5J 3/4)

Justice-based draft decks, particularly those that tie up the ground and win in the air, were a little too dominant. These changes aim to slightly reduce how easy this is and hopefully open up diversity of draft strategies.

Cleaning Up Rules Around Void Interaction

Statuary Maiden - Now reads: Enemy units can't Entomb or Revenge. When an enemy unit dies, transform it into a +2/+2 Cudgel and draw it. (Instead of: Enemy units that die transform into +2/+2 Cudgels. You draw them.)

Steward of the Past - No longer has Enemy units entering the void are silenced. (Summon ability remains unchanged)

Statuary Maiden and Steward of the Past are among our more complicated cards, and have led to a variety of complex rules interactions, as well as inconsistencies in the game engine. The effects of these cards will now be easier to predict, and have a more clearly defined set of cards that they affect. In addition to alleviating issues with future design space, these changes separate the effects of the two cards, giving them more distinct play from one another.

Individual Card Changes

Dawnwalker - Now requires TTTT influence to return from the void.

With the change to Steward of the Past, we wanted to pull back on Dawnwalker, while also ensuring that it appears in dedicated Time decks. This change keeps Dawnwalker's core functionality, while reducing how frequently it gets replayed in the early turns of the game.

Elysian Trailblazer - Now 5PP instead of 5P.

Elysian Pathfinder - Now 5TT instead of 5T.

We are adding an influence to each of these cards to increase the opportunity cost of splashing them in multi-faction decks.

Withering Witch - Now only hits undamaged enemies.

Withering Witch has been one of the more confusing cards from a rules perspective, and has led to unintuitive interactions and play patterns. This change preserves the intended functionality, while cleaning up rules confusion.

Black-Sky Harbinger - Now 4/5 (instead of 3/5)

Black-Sky Harbinger gives Feln a strong tool against a variety of decks, and helps promote more interactive gameplay. This change gives Feln more power in the six-drop slot, and may push more players to leaning on Black-Sky Harbinger. The change also gives Feln decks a wider range in stats, moving the Harbinger away from Feln Bloodcaster and Steward of the Past.

Devastating Setback - Now 3SS and the -2/-2 is this turn (instead of 4SS and the -2/-2 is permanent)

Devastating Setback gives Shadow decks a flexible card against both aggressive decks and more controlling ones, and we want to promote that type of counter-play and interaction. This change could push more decks to using Setback as a way to interact early against aggro.

Torgov, Icecap Trader - Now gets +3/+3 from 10 cards in your void (instead of 15)

Alu, Death-Dreamer - Now 5-cost (instead of 6-cost)

These are both cards with fun effects and interesting deckbuilding possibilities, and these buffs should open the door to more play.

Argenport Instigator - Now 2SS (instead of 2S)

We've been concerned about the speed and strength of Stonescar Aggro decks and wanted to reduce the ease with which Argenport Instigator can be paired with Fire one-drops, while preserving the card's high power level. We expect that a second Shadow influence requirement will increase diversity among two-drops, while increasing the incentive to branch out into a greater variety of aggro decks.

Stonepowder Alchemist - Now 3JS (instead of 4JS)

Reducing the cost of Stonepowder Alchemist gives players another powerful tool against aggressive decks, while also adding a valuable dimension to certain Gunslinger strategies.

The Dusk Road Buffs

Hideout Pistol - Now +2/+0 (instead of +1/+0)

Callous Survivalist - Now 9SS (instead of 9SSS)

Battlefield Scavenger - Now 4 to ultimate (instead of 5)

Inquisitor's Halberd - Now gains +3 Armor (instead of +2 Armor)

Clutchkeeper - Now 14PPP (instead of 15PPP)

Yeti Furflinger - Now 3/4 (instead of 3/3)

Gear Master - Now 3TT 1/1 (instead of 4TT 2/2)

Talir's Intervention - Now gains 4 health (instead of 3), and can silence an enemy unit (instead of an attacking enemy unit)

Scrap Hound - Now gets +5/+5 when you sacrifice a Grenadin (instead of +4/+4)

Kaleb's Intervention - Now can kill a weapon or relic (instead of only weapons)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nordicus

Nordicus

Oct 29, 2017
Finland
New event starting this week, the gimmick is using Dire Wolf's own preconstructed jank decks

Whirling Duels Event

• Each run beyond your first will feature a different random deck from the available pool! Once you've played all seven, deck assignment becomes fully random.
  • Note that the decks and cards from the event are not added to your collection.
  • In addition to normal leaderboard prizing, each participant will receive at least one premium copy of Whirling Duo.
  • The event costs 2,000 gold or 200 gems to enter.
  • Your first 5 runs will determine your position on the event leaderboard.

OP
OP
Nordicus

Nordicus

Oct 29, 2017
Finland
New patches coming to address the hand-heavy meta (removal piles, charge piles, animator combos, Echo Revenge), and Justice's continuing dominance in draft

1.28.7 Balance Changes

Justice getting slammed on from various angles in both ranked and draft, tho thankfully there are also lots of buffs, such as yeti tribal, faster grenadin tribal, lifeforce and relics-matter stuff.

OP
OP
Nordicus

Nordicus

Oct 29, 2017
Finland
More Dead Reckoning spoilers. The game is also going to have a Twitch decklist extension ready after the campaign comes.

MvSVvkp.png
vQWDNll.png
YA8MBnU.png

Brood_Star

Oct 27, 2017
This was one of my favorite card games when I played it back at the start of 2017, and I'd still recommend it over any other option for people looking to 'get into' a ccg.

...but it's still in early access?

OP
OP
Nordicus

Nordicus

Oct 29, 2017
Finland
This was one of my favorite card games when I played it back at the start of 2017, and I'd still recommend it over any other option for people looking to 'get into' a ccg.

...but it's still in early access?
Yeah, I'm not exactly sure what they're waiting for in terms content or features to fully release it. Expansion production is fully online with 2-3 full sets expected every year, plus some campaigns, and they're even working on a Twitch extension like the one HS got some months ago. I just don't know, I haven't been able to rip a proper answer out of Scarlatch so far.

OP
OP
Nordicus

Nordicus

Oct 29, 2017
Finland
Special draft event for this weekend, Seeds of Unrest

In the draft format,
  • The Dusk Road
  • Eternal Draft Pack
  • Eternal Draft Pack
  • The Dusk Road
"Eternal draft pack" is a mix of Omens of the Past and Empty Throne with particular attention given to tribals, according to Scarlatch.

The leaderboard prizes:
1: 30x DR packs, 10 draft tickets, 4 premium Strategize
2: 25x DR packs, 8 draft tickets, 4 premium Strategize
3: 20x DR packs, 6 draft tickets, 4 premium Strategize
4-10: 15x DR packs, 5 draft tickets, 4 premium Strategize
11-100: 10x DR packs, 3 draft tickets, 3 premium Strategize
101-1000: 5x DR packs, 2 draft tickets, 2 premium Strategize
1001-5000: 5x DR packs, 1 draft ticket, 1 premium Strategize
5000+: 3x DR packs, 1 premium Strategize
No prizes for individual runs besides the cards you drafted, unfortunately, so this draft event is only really worth it if you want to draft seriously with your 3 leaderboard position drafts. There's maybe an argument for drafting once and crossing your fingers you stay in top 5000, but that's a bit iffy

OP
OP
Nordicus

Nordicus

Oct 29, 2017
Finland
Draft event is up! Did my 3 runs already, ended with score 24-6 and at this moment I'm at #1 on leaderboards.

My draft decks in quotes
Vjxpex6.jpg

9-1 Hooru flier goodstuff. Tried to go for Valkyries, but I didn't get enough of the decent valkyries so I cut them entirely
SEFVNdF.jpg

8-2 Big Combreilysian, I was bouncing from combrei to praxis to elysian and back, but then I just picked all the damn fixing and I never had influence issues
OKL15O9.jpg

7-3 Stonescar slingers, was bouncing back and forth with this as well, but much worse because I didn't have a single anchor color. I was really lacking in units in latter half so I was forced to sacrifice really good spells and equipment for units. Unless you got some sick control deck or minion quality, 17 units is minimum imo
YQDB2Po.jpg

I wish I was better at drafting. If that was the case I'd spend gold for a run or two.
Me too, terrible at it.
Currently drafting is the most difficult it's been, due to 3 sets, risky tribal emphasis in the newest, and packs 2 and 3 completely clashing in multifaction support. So i don't blame ya.

This current draft event seems to be a test run for putting mixed packs in proper draft later. Cross your fingers it happens soon, because Draft Packs have most of the chaff cut out and you can go for the kinds of decks you want more easily, rather than be a slave to signals. The power level shoots up.

Cipher

Oct 27, 2017
God this game has devoured my life in grad school. I think I'm up to 500 hours, which probably is a very bad thing given I'm graduating lmao. The draft even is awesome, but damn I only had enough gold for one run </3

cdViking

Oct 28, 2017
Anybody planning on running the Highlander event this weekend? Planning on trying to put a greedy-as-hell Shadow/Primal/Justice control deck. Put a straight Feln deck together, but limiting counters to a single copy makes the deck extremely vulnerable in the first few (like 5, lol) turns.

OP
OP
Nordicus

Nordicus

Oct 29, 2017
Finland
I didn't really do the highlander event. Eternal has 75-card decks and no "commander" type gimmick (yet) that would give singleton decks even a teeny bit of consistency. Maybe later when they can figure out some singleton-specific mechanics.

Anyway, new Promo Card

8DrmxMJ.png

Note that her paid effect isn't an Ultimate. I kinda like her design, she can slow down both aggro and control, although letting Curses and unit effects through, and Hooru is slowly growing a theme of "anti-removal pile Midrange"

cdViking

Oct 28, 2017
I found the decks in the Highlander tourney to be inconsistent, as you said, but I really enjoyed working by myself to tweak my deck and improve my runs each time. Went from 0 wins in the first run to 5 in the last.

Yeah, new promo seems pretty bonkers; makes TJP mid super strong, and Hooru Crest will make that even more the case. Whether it trumps Argenport mid, we will see. I want to make Hooru Fliers so bad now, but there are like 10 legendaries I need to craft, lol.

I've been playing draft a TON (very much still in collection building phase, as non-Skycrag, AP Mid, TJP Mid, Chalice decks have insane dust costs), and had a godlike run where I went something like 21-2 to jump from Gold to Master. Had my first 7-0 run immediately followed by a 7-1, and it felt good. We're not going to talk about the 3-3, 1-3, and 0-3 that followed.

It's crazy how much there is to do in this game... events, drafts, ranked, casual jank... I've put in around $100 since I started playing about a month ago (including the 3 expansions), and the F2P system is so generous that I've constantly drafted, entered two sealed leagues, built four competitive decks for ranked, and am basically unable to spend more than $10/week unless I just want to crack packs. I would definitely have been able to get at least one Tier 1/2 ladder deck in the same time frame without spending any money at all. I love that the biggest complaint about Eternal is that DWD doesn't market the game well enough, because everyone who plays it loves it and doesn't want it to disappear.

OP
OP
Nordicus

Nordicus

Oct 29, 2017
Finland
Set 1 draft event this weekend!

Very different entry fee from previous draft events. I hope the prize structure is also improved, I had no reason to go beyong 1 run in previous one, because it gave me 2 draft tickets on its own and was massively better EV than even getting Top 100 with full three runs.

Expect to see beastly Rakano aggro with all Oni Ronins and Torches, Combrei with mono-Awakened Students, Elysian with ridiculously fat fliers, Stonescar decks that could sometimes do the sacrifice theme, and motherfucking Feln Tempo!

Feln drafts were my favorite Set 1 drafts, and although my drafting has improved since then, this is what a decent Feln deck would sort of look like. Levitates, Trickster's Cloaks and Flash Freezes were decent cards with the sheer amount of Infiltrate you could get. I really don't think I'd splash for Pteriax Hatchlings were I to do the exact same draft again, even if it's a bomby card, even if it were a free splash. (Also yes, Rapid Shot used to cost 1 mana)
I've been playing draft a TON (very much still in collection building phase, as non-Skycrag, AP Mid, TJP Mid, Chalice decks have insane dust costs), and had a godlike run where I went something like 21-2 to jump from Gold to Master. Had my first 7-0 run immediately followed by a 7-1, and it felt good. We're not going to talk about the 3-3, 1-3, and 0-3 that followed.
Dat MMR correction.

It's crazy how much there is to do in this game... events, drafts, ranked, casual jank... I've put in around $100 since I started playing about a month ago (including the 3 expansions), and the F2P system is so generous that I've constantly drafted, entered two sealed leagues, built four competitive decks for ranked, and am basically unable to spend more than $10/week unless I just want to crack packs. I would definitely have been able to get at least one Tier 1/2 ladder deck in the same time frame without spending any money at all. I love that the biggest complaint about Eternal is that DWD doesn't market the game well enough, because everyone who plays it loves it and doesn't want it to disappear.
I think I've spent like 50-60€ throughout almost 2 years, mainly on the campaigns, and have never felt like I needed to pay much more unless I wanted to just go 100% pure Draft&Sealed

Fixed

Oct 27, 2017
I should have known the other Eternal thread was dead because there was a new one!

Took a pretty long break but started picking it back up over the past week or so.

Completely gave up on HS awhile back, deleted from my phone and unsubbed to the OT, haven't looked back since.

Also been spending some time playing MTG Arena, while I'm a fan of Magic there's just something missing there still, hopefully it'll become more fleshed out as Beta progresses.

Dire Wolf just announced an official release will be taking place in the next few weeks and they're working on high level tournaments and cash support so that's super exciting. Looking forward to the new draft season as well as a new expansion again.

OP
OP
Nordicus

Nordicus

Oct 29, 2017
Finland
Dire Wolf just announced an official release will be taking place in the next few weeks and they're working on high level tournaments and cash support so that's super exciting. Looking forward to the new draft season as well as a new expansion again.
Yeah, fucking finally!

Also, standard drafts will use a combination of newest set packs and curated packs going forward.

What's Ahead for Dire Wolf!

Tribute mechanic: When a card with Tribute is played, it gets a bonus if a unit has gone to your void this turn.

Kenna seems fairly strong, the game is kinda lacking in high-end wincons for some of the factions, building midrange that does over TJP mid or Argenport mid doesn't seem worth the trouble.
Gonna dump bunch of the other already spoiled cards here. We don't yet know what the new type of depleted power transmutes into.

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
I like what Eternal has done, but at the same time, I've found it hard to go back to sitting through interrupt windows. I haven't seen the game recently, but the initial batch of art was very underwhelming as well. I might give it another go as the art on Kenna and Harmless Question (posted above) look pretty good. My friend keeps going on and on about how Eternal is the most friendly F2P game out there. lol

OP
OP
Nordicus

Nordicus

Oct 29, 2017
Finland
Some articles and spoilers

The Fall of Argenport

Looks like Berserk will be a new battle skill, but we haven't seen what it does at this moment

Let's Make a Deal!

So these Merchant cards access a 5-card sideboard that you construct during deckbuilding, aka Market, and they can trade cards in your hand for ones in market. This has massive implications for deckbuilding.
  • Putting 1 of your 4 engine cards in the Market essentially gives you up to 7 draws for your first copy with 4 merchants. Chalice decks will love the Time merchant.
  • You can play niche tech cards like attachment removal
  • You can put your toolset of giant wincons in the market and pull them out once you're finished toying with 3-drops. Think stuff The Last Word or Novaquake.
The merchants are even very playable in draft! At worst they're bad looters with decent bodies.

And finally a mishmash of other spoilers from Discord. Including the transmuted new Primal power card.

jerd

Oct 26, 2017
I've been playing for about 5 days and am having a blast. Still feel pretty clueless but the game really does seem great.

OP
OP
Nordicus

Nordicus

Oct 29, 2017
Finland
Spoilers from last night. Looks like on top of Warp, Nightfall will also appear outside its introduced set

Formerly unplayable, situational cards like Burglarize now seem fairly strong in context of Market. Especially when Shadow has little relic hate.

OP
OP
Nordicus

Nordicus

Oct 29, 2017
Finland
Go Berserk!
  • When you attack with a unit with Berserk, you have the option to make it go Berserk. (You can also choose to attack as normal.)
  • When a unit goes Berserk (and survives its first attack), it immediately attacks again. You only receive the second attack once, and only on the turn you choose to go Berserk.
  • When a unit goes Berserk, it gains Reckless (because it's mad, you see.)
So a Berserk unit can attack twice for one turn, then is Reckless for rest of the game. As just a battle skill, it doesn't seem massively powerful, but there may be strong units with the battle skill printed in this set.

Also, official spoiler gallery

So 2 more mechanics left to reveal.

OP
OP
Nordicus

Nordicus

Oct 29, 2017
Finland
New promo card today

Not particularly strong, it's a remix of Rolant. Boardbuff removed, but will act as a Justice Sigil if you haven't drawn your 3rd power for the whole game yet.

Winning Tactics

So, the rest of the Standards/Tactics cycle. Pretty strong overall, with exception of the Time version because voltroning up your own unit is not a thing Time does. The Tactics are more suited for fast decks than Monuments were, however depleted power is an issue, particularly for the before mentioned fast decks.

Other miscellaneous new spoilers

cdViking

Oct 28, 2017
Will be really interesting to see how things move along. Started saving stone and have 40k set aside, which should be enough to get at least one or two T1 decks from the new meta taken care of.

OP
OP
Nordicus

Nordicus

Oct 29, 2017
Finland
So, if anybody's read their Eternal marketing emails, Fall of Argenport set is coming NEXT WEEK!

Tools for the Job: Spellcraft

If anybody's familiar with Kicker from MtG, Spellcraft should be easy to grasp. You can pay extra when you play your card to get an extra effect. However, Spellcraft comes with extra restrictions:
  • The card is always a weapon
  • The bonus effect is always a spell
The mechanic will diminish weapons' natural weakness of getting 2-for-1'd when your unit is killed.

New Inspirations

Last new keyword, Inspire, is basically "The units you draw get X". Fairly simple

Other spoilers:

OP
OP
Nordicus

Nordicus

Oct 29, 2017
Finland
Card lists for curated draft packs

Powerlevel seems better than Set 3, and better distribution of removal. Almost every dualfaction gets 2 commons (one of them Banner) and 2 Uncommons, with exception of Rakano and Elysian with fewer. The format will be 2 Set 4 packs, 2 curated, but we don't know the pack order or pick directions.

Edit: Nevermind, I was mistaken, The format is 4-Draft-Draft-4, and you will get the draft packs from one group and Set 4 packs from another.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nordicus

Nordicus

Oct 29, 2017
Finland
Eternal will soon have Twitch Drops, LSV is giving the system a test run right now. You can link your Twitch account to your Eternal from in-game settings.

55dJkQm.jpg

It was a premium Wump.

OP
OP
Nordicus

Nordicus

Oct 29, 2017
Finland
How is this for newcomers? Is it active? How much am I looking at to spend?
It's really good for newcomers. After tutorials, you have Puzzles to help you with more obscure card interactions, then you can grind the Gauntlet AI mode for free gold indefinitely, then there's Forge, which is drafting against AI, and you get 1 pack for first Versus win of the day be it Ranked or Casual mode.

The game has seen more active days (by like +50% to what it is now), but matchmaking with people of your skill level is super quick unless you're like a Master division drafter.

If you want a good headstart right out of the gate, you want to spend $20, a tenner for both Horus Traver and Dead Reckoning campaigns, because both give a good handful of meta playable rare/legendary tier cards.

OP
OP
Nordicus

Nordicus

Oct 29, 2017
Finland
Patch 1.37 Balance Changes

Justice draft cards nerfed slightly, and current TJP Blitz decks on ladder. While I'm not a fan of nerfing niche cards that were just made playable by new cards, TJP Blitz having an easy time with avoiding unit combat was an issue.