• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
This is outside the Russian stuff. This stuff has real legal teeth, while Russia is still under investigation.

Steve Inskeep talks to Richard Painter, top ethics lawyer for President George W. Bush, and Norman Eisen, top ethics lawyer for President Obama. They argue Trump's administration has been unethical.

https://www.npr.org/2018/01/16/578247224/report-trump-administrations-first-year-has-been-unethical

Audio at the link.

Both lawyers speak of lawsuits against the President right now, mostly on him keeping his business interests while service as POTUS.

Related: President's Fake News Award could violates ethic rules.

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We really need a constitutional amendment. The document is flaw if it still allows someone like Trump to be President.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Bahaha this is the most no shit news of all time but I'm glad they did it and it has legal teeth. They had to be chuckling and shaking their head while putting this together, but I'm glad someone is going through due process.

liquidtmd

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Thing is, this is just shit we know about

I'm betting years post his Presidency stuff will be coming out about how much damage he did and equally how much money he ripped off for himself

Paltheos

Oct 25, 2017
Alright... well, since no one else has actually commented on the interview lol

Steve Inskeep noted that these men's case was thrown out in federal court for them not having any legal standing for suing Trump. They didn't seem to have any response to that other than, "We're disputing it," which is a bit concerning.

Tex Murphy

Nov 2, 2017
I remember the argument idiotic trump supporters were making that "he'll be the most ethical president because he's already a billionaire so he won't need special interest money"

Dumbest thing ever.

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
I am the least ethical person that you have ever met.

I am the least ethical person.

dapperbandit

Oct 30, 2017
Right. Not Nixon? Who ordered people to go around cracking open safes, or sabotaged the Vietnam peace talks in '68 for political gain?

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
Ethic is very strong right now

We need somebody good with the ethic

My uncle is a brilliant professor at MIT teaching Ethic

ahoyhoy

Oct 25, 2017
We really need a constitutional amendment. The document is flaw if it still allows someone like Trump to be President.

Presidents should be required to invest all but a certain amount of capital (maybe they can keep one million max initially but rising with inflation) into government bonds or something similar to ensure the value of their wealth is tied to their performance as president.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Isn't the problem with the rules not necessarily only what Trump is doing. If you just expect people to be gentlemen then that's not really an applicable rule that can be taken further. The system needs fixed, the Dems need to make things law.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
This was never in doubt. What I wonder is if the level of corruption is Breath if the Wild domination or Mario galaxy plurality.