• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blunoise

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
if you dont know who is etika he is a famous youtuber that over hypes nintendo stuff and usually has fun crazy streams. for last couple of months, he had some meltdowns but seemed to be back a few weeks ago untill today at 12 midnight he uploaded this video. take in mind that he lives in NYC and this video was made in daytime and posted tonight. Friends on twitter are trying to reach him, now i hope this not another hoax and if it isnt i hopw its not to late :/

For those of you who don't want to give Etika a click, here's what he said in the description of the video shown in the OP.

This is honestly what scares me the most. It reads an awful lot like a suicide note.

UPDATE:

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Just ban him for any form of social media.

If it's just a stunt, then we are spared from his stupidity. If it's not a stunt, then clearly social media is not a thing that he should be doing right now and instead he can go have help from family or friends.

Just ban him.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
If you check Im Salt's Twitter someone was in contact with him a little bit before the upload.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
We need to stop giving him attention he's abusing it and repeating this cycle and he's never once truly apologized for his slurs usage and homophobia and racism.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
User Banned (1 Month): Making light of mental health concerns and threats of suicide.
I give it a few weeks before he says another slur.

There is no good reason for him to be on social media at this point. It's a constant vicious cycle.

DaiJyoubs

Oct 25, 2017
It makes me so sad to see his current state. I hope he's ok. Hope to see him get some actual help after this.

Gestrid

Nov 30, 2017
I realize he's done stuff like this before, but, in my unprofessional opinion, that makes this all the more likely to be real. He has serious mental health issues. Even if it is a fake, it should be treated as if it's real for now on the off chance that it actually is. I hope his friends actually force him to get the help he needs this time. This is over the line if it's fake.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I know he's pulled similar shit before, but something about this one has me terrified (especially the description). I really hope he's okay.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
User banned (1 month): Making light of mental health and threats of suicide.
he had his chance and blew it, stop giving him attention

Actual Note in youtube video by Etika

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
For those of you who don't want to give Etika a click, here's what he said in the description of the video shown in the OP.
Etika said:
I'm sorry for betraying all of your trust. I'm sorry for the manipulative things I've done, and I'm sorry I never sought help for myself. I've made my bed, and now I've got to sleep in it. Please learn from my example. Don't be like me. Don't push away the people that care about you. I've always lived my life as a 🤡, so I guess that's all my "legacy" will amount up to. Don't let this social media shit consume you the way it did me. I pushed away and hurt so many of you. The good times however! MAN were they good. I've lived an incredible life filled with thrills and happiness. Even though I always was an odd ball out, I used that as my strength and brought together an incredible community of insane wild bois just like me. God I'll miss you all so much. 🖤 I was mentally troubled, and far to stoneheaded to admit it, far too stubborn to face it, and far too scared now to deal with it. God... I'm so sorry I hurt you all so badly. I'm so sorry I betrayed you all. I mislead so many of you, I manipulated, I lied, I shifted blame... I don't know what awaits me on the other side, but I'm ready to face it. As far as we know, there is no life after death. My time ends now, but if there is a way for me too, I'll send you all as many blessings as I can from the other side. 🖤😁 Thank you all for helping to making my life the incredible tale it was. ✨ I'm sorry it had to end on such a heartbreaking note. Though I know for SURE hella people are gonna prolly laugh at it LOL I just hope there's at least some fresh me-me's that come of it. I'm dying as a guy hated by a lot of people, so I know you all won't let me down haha. Well, that's my cue. Time for me to go. I mean this with every bit of my heart... Take care of yourselves, and of course, as usual, please have yourself a damn good one. 😁✨

-Etika, 2019
This is honestly what scares me the most. It reads an awful lot like a suicide note.

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
User Banned (1 Week): Insensitive commentary towards suicide threats
This dude is an attention seeker, and if this is real he needs to get help and not be online. He is like the boy who cried wolf.

Things have definitely turned from before he first snapped. His family needs to actually get him help and stop his online bs.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that does read like a suicide note and the fact he's apologizing, saying he's always been a clown, said he needed help but was too stubborn to admit it is wild. I hope he's fine. At the end of the day if he means what he says then shit, that's a life at stake.

Seems his friend Omni is looking into it.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
ah shit here we go again.

like iv said before, hope he gets well and continues on that track to being healthy and successful. I have no reason to feel any other way, I know that shit can take a real toll on a person.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
User banned (1 month): Making light of mental health and threats of suicide.
EDIT: I want to apologize for the insensitive gif I posted here.

At the time I was convinced it was another hoax, but I should have understood that mental health should never be taken lightly or joked about under any circumstances. I fucked up. I understand why people are mad at me. I can tell you that the rest of the staff is upset about what I posted, and I apologize to them as well.

I really do hope that Etika is alright, and I'm sorry for the hurt and offense that I caused.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blunoise

Blunoise

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA

thanks ill put that in the OP, prop should had done that because i forgot alot of ppl dont want to give him clicks here

ChristianH94

Apr 14, 2019
I know it's a tweet from Keemstar of all people...but... check his latest one out. Didn't mean to step on anyone's toes by linking the energy drink gnome but I'm on mobile so I can't upload a screenshot rn.

Now that doesn't entirely mean he's faking a suicide note however it also lends a lot of fodder to the "he's faking it" thing It's actually really uncomfortable for me watching Etika do this because I can tell he's unstable and honestly his cries for attention to me feel like they're almost like cries for help but who knows at this point.

Last edited:

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Etika does this a lot and I don't like him but this video does seem like a suicide note and is very concerning. Hopefully someone reaches out to him and is able to stop anything from happening.

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
User Banned (1 Week): Insensitive commentary towards suicide threats
Hope nothing happens but honestly the guy's cried wolf so many times I really don't believe him.

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This whole situation is fucked up but please stop giving the dude clicks. He obviously has a ton of issues and I hope this is another one of his cries for attention and not what it sounds like, but enabling him isn't gonna help.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
I know it's a tweet from Keemstar of all people...but....
[REDACTED]

Now that doesn't entirely mean he's faking a suicide note however it also lends a lot of fodder to the "he's faking it" thing It's actually really uncomfortable for me watching Etika do this because I can tell he's unstable and honestly his cries for attention to me feel like they're almost like cries for help but who knows at this point.
Don't link that slimeball. He's banned here.

Jake_brake

Sep 13, 2018
This is just sick either way really. Haven't seen all but a few, over the top reaction videos from him before, plus the first suicidal video of him a few months back. But he is mentally disturbed, fake or not. And it has to be treated seriously, as it should, but because of that he gets the attention he desires.

A resolution need to be solved. He needs to be sat down, and given explanations on his actions and the severity of them. It didn't help the first time, but he clearly wasn't given the help he needed the first time. This time he should not be given the choice to refuse.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
Keemstar just put up a tweet about how Etika said he'd mark it in his calendar for June 20th for his next mental breakdown when someone asked him when he was going to freak out again. The video was scheduled to be uploaded on the date exactly EST.

(before you say Keemstar is problematic he is but Etika basically endorses this guy and these two are on the same level)

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
People with mental health problems will act in ways you'll find irrational, crazy, or stupid. Since October I've been concerned for him since nuking his entire channel and making suicidal posts seemed pretty alarming to say the least. Then his episodes earlier in the year convinced me. He needs help, and unfortunately, the audience he's gained over the years has fed him ridicule and attention in a way that's led him down a path of self-destruction.

I'm glad he's made this post where he says he recognizes that he isn't well and truly hope he can heal from this and doesn't do anything drastic.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's a tweet from Keemstar of all people...but....

I'd rather be wrong about him really feeling apologetic and suicidal than having him truly feel that way. For his sake I hope he's faking this.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope he is faking this.

And I thought he was admitted into an institute for mental help. Did he get out already?

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
User banned (1 month): Making light of mental health and threats of suicide
He's back to get more attention I see

Gestrid

Nov 30, 2017
I know it's a tweet from Keemstar of all people...but... check his latest one out. I'm on mobile so I can't upload a screenshot rn.

I looked it up, and those are real tweets. https://twitter.com/Etika/status/1135211709566803969

Aloysius

Nov 5, 2017
Minneapolis, MN
Love all the people dissing the dude who is potentially suicidal. If you don't care, don't post. I got sick of him and stopped watching months ago, but I hope everything turns out alright.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I know it's a tweet from Keemstar of all people...but... check his latest one out. Didn't mean to step on anyone's toes by linking the energy drink gnome but I'm on mobile so I can't upload a screenshot rn.

So people don't have to click on Keemstar's Twitter:
D9esZMbWwAAWZj8

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
Love all the people dissing the dude who is potentially suicidal. If you don't care, don't post. I got sick of him and stopped watching months ago, but I hope everything turns out alright.
Yeah, this. I watched him back in high school and stopped a few years ago, but I do genuinely hope nothing bad happens, even if I stopped supporting his behavior long ago.
I think it's crazy how many people came into this thread saying "Who cares?"

Edit: Well. Seeing those tweets puts this into perspective.

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
I really hope he's faking it for attention. I would rather have him fake it and piss people off, than wake up to an "Etika has died of suicide" in the morning.

But for fuck's sake, I'm tired of his shit man.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
User banned (1 month): Making light of mental health and threats of suicide
who is this guy? why giving him attention?

and i don´t know if it is so good to put "suicidal" in the headline, could gather attention from people with mental health problems and who are themselves suicidal and there is no support link on here for people with such thoughts.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
honestly people saying they dont care or just blow it off are just as awful as someone making light of these very real issues to get attention. whether that is fair or not I dont really care.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this place is weird with that type of stuff. People here seem to go for the jugglar anytime they get the chance even if it deals with potentially someone's health. It's pretty fucked up.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
honestly people saying they dont care or just blow it off are just as awful as someone making light of these very real issues to get attention. whether that is fair or not I dont really care.
I mean some people are just sick of him consistently doing this. Also, he is constantly saying slurs and homophobic things. He actively supports Keemstar and Pewdiepie. He says he grew up on 4chan and misses when you could do or say anything on the internet.

ChristianH94

Apr 14, 2019
Well. Seeing those tweets puts this into perspective.
IMO this is one of those things where unless you've had a crazy episode yourself, it's really hard to empathize towards this... but that's also just how it is and is why Etika here doesn't need to full on quit his internet career like everyone says but definitely needs to step back and learn how to control himself otherwise he's just gonna keep digging himself further and further down.

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
What is he apologizing for?
Never heard of this person.
Did he do some homophobic or racial thing?
Yeh he streams, says tons of homophobic and racist things then people make excuses that he has mental health issues so it's ok for him to spew hate. He also frequently causes drama by faking suicide. Basically a huge piece of shit that people shouldn't be allowed to post about on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.