• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
He's definitely mentally ill. Hope his accounts get terminated and he get helps without internet for at least a year.

Edit: Actually, I shouldn't try to diagnose him.

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta
User banned (2 months): Making light of mental health and threats of suicide over multiple posts.
Serious question:

Can we ban all threads and links of Etika from Era? This song and dance helps nobody.

Oct 25, 2017
User banned (1 month): Making light of mental health and threats of suicide.
I refuse to feel sorry for a homophobic piece of trash, that is constantly pulling this over and over, and refusing to get any help.

coconut gun

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Y'all can apologise to me when he's found faking it again and this all blows over til next time.

nah fam lol you're being.... a bit much, I think. take a step back.

etikas said and done some shitty things, but there's no reason to mock what could be a real suicide attempt from someone who's clearly wrestling with issues.

in america "getting help" isn't always so easy, either. i understand your gut reaction on some level, but i don't think etika has gone far enough to warrant a complete lack of compassion. it's not like the dude's a richard spencer or some shit. or even a ben shapiro.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This thread give me the shivers.

If any of us go to a trhead to say that we don't care about a game, we get warned. In this one, dozens of people are saying they don't care about how serious a dude is about killing himself and even moderators jump in the band wagon.

This community needs to take a step back.

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
You pretty much implied that you hope he commits suicide so we can just make an OT about it and get it over with.
I didn't imply that at all, quote me where I said I hope he kills himself...

I just don't think you guys should be feeding his obvious desire for attention through these threats, yet you fall for it over an over again.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
You pretty much implied that you hope he commits suicide so we can just make an OT about it and get it over with.
I read it more as being grounded in the assumption that this was going to be fake, and future seemingly suicidal behaviour is going to be fake, so you can throw it into one thread for all of this behaviour instead of having separate threads every time.

I don't agree with the sentiment, but that's how I understood the post.

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta

If any of us go to a trhead to say that we don't care about a game, we get warned. In this one, dozens of people are saying they don't care about how serious a dude is about killing himself and even moderators jump in the band wagon.

The guy literally tweeted earlier this month that he would pull this stunt on this exact day.

And this isn't the first, or second, or third, or fourth time he's done this.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018

B-but he's a bigot!
Like I totally get the angle that he's pulled stunts like this before, but at no point should further attempts be treated with such contempt and dismissal. It's inhumane and frankly quite disturbing
I'd be okay if it just straight up wasn't discussed here, but some of the posts here are too much

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I just don't think you guys should be feeding his obvious desire for attention through these threats, yet you fall for it over an over again.
Here was what you posted:
Can we just get an OT for Etika commiting suicide and being a hateful bigot.

Sickens me any of you still support this piece of shit. Shows your true colours.

You are asking for an OT of him committing suicide. And why would there be an OT of him committing suicide unless he committed suicide?

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

This really has been a sobering experience.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
that would be so dumb and i would be piss!!!
You'd rather him be actually suicidal?

For the sake of himself I'd much rather him be playing yet another prank, than actively suicidal right now. Nobody deserves to be in that place, regardless of your personal views on the person.

I'd rather be angry at a living person than sympathetic for a dead one.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I operate under the impression that most successful YouTube/Twitch/social media personalities who have a large online presence and following are far too egotistical/narcissistic to even think about killing themselves.

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
Here was what you posted:
Can we just get an OT for Etika commiting suicide and being a hateful bigot.

Sickens me any of you still support this piece of shit. Shows your true colours.

You are asking for an OT of him committing suicide. And why would there be an OT of him committing suicide unless he committed suicide?
Because we get monthly threads about him committing suicide yet its all for social media attention and trolling.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeh you continue supporting a bigot and attention seaker. Faking suicide for social media attention is pathetic.

Y'all can apologise to me when he's found faking it again and this all blows over til next time.

Sounds to me like you've got your own issues.

xcLFHaV.png

Rather than saying "I don't feel the way yall do" you're in here saying "yall support this guy, we see your true colors, you guys sicken me, fuck this" and all this crap. At the end of the day a lot of us here, believe it or not, see someone potentially being suicidal and we stop the jokes, comments and we look towards their safety. It doesn't matter if we might be wrong because being right or wrong is not important, we care more about others health and wellness.

Shit maybe you don't but alas that's not us.

Rather than keeping up this gimmick you've got going on you need to step back a bit. Playing internet tough guy's more pathetic than anything we've said about hoping he's ok. Bruh shit's lame when you go at posters for saying "damn yall need to make a Suicide OT", fuck outta here with that bullshit.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
Some people in this thread are actually being downright hateful, I have no idea how people have the capacity for that. I understand he's said a lot of bigoted things, and I'm not denying that at all. I'm not a fan of him, nor am I condoning any of his actions. He said a lot of horrible things and never apologized.

That being said, I would never wish suicidal thoughts on my worst enemy, and if this thread being open bothers you so much, ignore it rather than saying stuff like "I don't care" or "Why should I care about some bigot?" I just don't get the appeal of coming into a thread to say things like that.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dude seems to have some severe personality disorder like borderline where it is not uncommon to continually threaten suicide.

It's hard to say that we should just ignore this, but I dont think these online attention seeking bits are helpful mentally as well.

OP
OP
Blunoise

Blunoise

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
You'd rather him be actually suicidal?

For the sake of himself I'd much rather him be playing yet another prank, than actively suicidal right now. Nobody deserves to be in that place, regardless of your personal views on the person.

I'd rather be angry at a living person than sympathetic for a dead one.
my dude i created this thread because I am worried, so im saying if that he is lying i will be mad and stop following him... but yes i will be happy he still lives

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018

xcLFHaV.png

Rather than saying "I don't feel the way yall do" you're in here saying "yall support this guy, we see your true colors, fuck this" and all this crap. At the end of the day a lot of us here, believe it or not, see someone potentially being suicidal and we stop the jokes, comments and we look towards their safety. It doesn't matter if we might be wrong because being right or wrong is not important, we care more about others health and wellness.

Rather than keeping up this gimmick you've got going on you need to step back a bit. Playing internet tough guy's more pathetic than anything we've said about hoping he's ok.
What exactly are you attempting to insinuate with that screenshot 😂

It's like your in my mind man.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Oh jeez, that description is quite something. If he is really going over the edge, I hope he will be found before it is too late. :/

And if he is faking it, well guess that can be talk about afterwards, but some of the comments here are pretty disturbing.

OP
OP
Blunoise

Blunoise

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA

xcLFHaV.png

Rather than saying "I don't feel the way yall do" you're in here saying "yall support this guy, we see your true colors, you guys sicken me, fuck this" and all this crap. At the end of the day a lot of us here, believe it or not, see someone potentially being suicidal and we stop the jokes, comments and we look towards their safety. It doesn't matter if we might be wrong because being right or wrong is not important, we care more about others health and wellness.

Rather than keeping up this gimmick you've got going on you need to step back a bit. Playing internet tough guy's more pathetic than anything we've said about hoping he's ok. Bruh shit's lame when you go at posters for saying "damn yall need to make a Suicide OT", fuck outta here with that bullshit.
and yet mods dont ban him..

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Mental illness makes different people behave differently. So it's possible that in Etika's case it causes him to say offensive stuff.

That being said, it's probably not necessary for the entire internet to monitor his welfare, since it seems like he already has a strong group of friends looking out for him.

Might be best to let his friends and family take care of him, while the rest of the internet tunes him out and gives him space.

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
Mental illness makes different people behave differently. So it's possible that in Etika's case it causes him to say offensive stuff.

That being said, it's probably not necessary for the entire internet to monitor his welfare, since it seems like he already has a strong group of friends looking out for him.

Might be best to let his friends and family take care of him, while the rest of the internet tunes him out and gives him space.

Agreed.

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
I always see these threads pop up and apparantly his mental health is a big issue; even if he does not commit suicide and pulls these kind of things a lot, the guy needs professional help.

Blent

Oct 26, 2017
East Midlands, England, UK
It disturbed me to see Etika back to posting reaction videos to E3 with thousands of viewers as if everything was back to normal.

He is clearly not in a stable state and needs to get off the internet for a considerable length of time to focus on his own wellness.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I'm not sure how people can be in here and say he doesn't have issues when he clearly does. No one sane pulls this shit, just because what's wrong with him doesn't fit into your narrow idea of what mental illness is doesn't mean he doesn't have it. I was sold watching the stream of him going on about some straight up cult talk. He needs help but turns it down at every turn because no one can force him to. Mental illness mixed with Internet ego boosting is a dangerous combination.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some of the posts in this thread are fucked. If you proclaim not to care about someone's life, ignore the thread for fucks sake.

Even if it's a fucked up joke, it's better to be worried about him and hoping he's okay than the complete opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.