• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Harmonius

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Since I'm lowkey behind everyone else, I might as well ask:

How in the Hecate are you supposed to handle
The Bearmaggedeon? I know 4 had you sneak around and ambush him from behind, but I've spent 2 hours searching for such a way.

spiritfox

Oct 26, 2017
Since I'm lowkey behind everyone else, I might as well ask:

How in the Hecate are you supposed to handle
The Bearmaggedeon? I know 4 had you sneak around and ambush him from behind, but I've spent 2 hours searching for such a way.

You need to get one of the bears to break the 2 trees first so you can walk through the gaps to get past their detection ranges.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
This game is clearly going to be "decision fatigue" the game. Already regretting every choice I've made.

Mr. Capo

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Reached level 40 on the 6th labyrinth and already I'm have a tough time on allocating skill points for the master skillsets. Might rest on level 42 to respec my team of Highlander/Hero/Nightseeker + Zodiac/Harbinger.

spiritfox

Oct 26, 2017
Man Waterfall Woods looks pretty ugly here. The flat JPEG waterfall pattern on the walls don't work at all.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
ffuck.. that event in the ancient forest. im almost out of TP and that happens.. shit how do i get out alive now haha

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I really like that event-
the fleeting panic of not knowing a way out, being in danger and having lost your Ariadne thread is a great moment. Having to camp while you search for the way back up adds a nice change of pace and sense of adventure.

spiritfox

Oct 26, 2017
It's a cool event but
I had 2 Ariadne Threads and they only refunded me 1 so it sucks and I lost 100en forever ahhh

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
the thing is my party relies on some medicas heal in battle and im out of medicas. also im still on the same gear i fought the boss from the last stratum. so im not making progress haha

edit.
well thats a wipe..

btw the fact that i got wiped mrans that dude its actually cursed. he lost another party haha

Last edited:

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Today I reached the 5h Labyrinth.

Narmer was as easy as expected, even though his heal was a suprise. Had to conserve a bit, but it was okay.
I also beat the Golem, even though the battle was rather nasty. I had to use 3 Nectar and 1 Amrita. Spark Blade ftw, it was the total MVP of this battle.
Fenrir has also been beaten. I really don't like him and his million adds. D:
So except for the Bounding Beast on the world map I've done everything so far. I am now on 2F in the 5th Labyrinth and will continue from there tomorrow.

Oh yeah, I also got Cernunnos Conditional Drop after 4 tries. Not like I can buy that now, but at least I don't have to bother getting it again for a while.

Abstrusity

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in the 2nd labyrinth and took a step off to Giant's Ruins and damn this is a good map.

It's a shame my team composition is woefully inadequate for some of the comps. Blue bee and rainbow jelly just completely destroys me.

Imperial/Ronin/Protector/Gunner/Sovereign isn't quite enough, yet.

I purposely avoided using Hero because that's EO1 Protector OP. Unacceptable.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I keep building my teams like its still EO 1/2 and while I can get the job done it's never very...efficient.

qrac

Nov 13, 2017
So I've been playing a bit over the weekend.

Hero/Protector
Arcane(paralyze/contrain arm?)/Magic fire/elec/ice(?)/Healer

Level 7-9 and I've beaten the first mission.

Right now I'm trying the second mission with the bears, but they are to powerfull, usually I run out of TP when they are at 50% health.
The same for the bonus mission with the reindeers.
Is there some way to grow my TP pool?
I've been trying to get the Exp DLC to work but don't know which mission it is or how to start it (no guides on teh internets yet).

Should I change up my party?

spiritfox

Oct 26, 2017
Are you attacking the black bears in the map? You shouldn't do that when the aura around them are red or yellow (unless you really know what you are doing).

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
So I've been playing a bit over the weekend.

Hero/Protector
Arcane(paralyze/contrain arm?)/Magic fire/elec/ice(?)/Healer

Level 7-9 and I've beaten the first mission.

Right now I'm trying the second mission with the bears, but they are to powerfull, usually I run out of TP when they are at 50% health.
The same for the bonus mission with the reindeers.
Is there some way to grow my TP pool?
I've been trying to get the Exp DLC to work but don't know which mission it is or how to start it (no guides on teh internets yet).

Should I change up my party?
In the long run you might be better off with a Sovereign than a medic. They can heal the party while buffing, and also restore TP by removing those buffs through Negotiation.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
the boss for giants ruins is some bullshit
The only way I was able to beat it was
the Hero's Spark Blade additional volt attack combined with After Image. That accounted for ~95% of the damage I inflicted in that fight. Presumably any volt attacks are a good bet if you have access to them.

qrac

Nov 13, 2017
Are you attacking the black bears in the map? You shouldn't do that when the aura around them are red or yellow (unless you really know what you are doing).
Hmm... never thought about the colors around them. But they always have some aura around them. Most of the time they chase me and catch up to me. But maybe I should tryck them and get behind them? Is it even possible?

In the long run you might be better off with a Sovereign than a medic. They can heal the party while buffing, and also restore TP by removing those buffs through Negotiation.
I will have to see if I can work that in somehow. In this version a character can have 2 classes after a specific level right? Can't I just then make my medic be a sovereign also?

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Hmm... never thought about the colors around them. But they always have some aura around them. Most of the time they chase me and catch up to me. But maybe I should tryck them and get behind them? Is it even possible?

I will have to see if I can work that in somehow. In this version a character can have 2 classes after a specific level right? Can't I just then make my medic be a sovereign also?
Yeah, you can subclass but not until much later. Unsure at what level, my party is level 30 and hasn't found it yet.

spiritfox

Oct 26, 2017

FOEs usually move at one tile per tile you move, with exceptions. The FOEs in the 2nd stratum follow that rule, so they should not catch up to you unless you spend turns stuck in battle. There are puzzles later on in the stratum that require you to lead these FOEs around, so you need to learn when to fight random encounters and when to try to run.

The auras signify their power relative to you. Never engage a red aura, yellow can be handled if you know what you're doing, and blues are OK to fight. Treat them as minibosses, which they kinda are.

qrac

Nov 13, 2017
FOEs usually move at one tile per tile you move, with exceptions. The FOEs in the 2nd stratum follow that rule, so they should not catch up to you unless you spend turns stuck in battle. There are puzzles later on in the stratum that require you to lead these FOEs around, so you need to learn when to fight random encounters and when to try to run.

The auras signify their power relative to you. Never engage a red aura, yellow can be handled if you know what you're doing, and blues are OK to fight. Treat them as minibosses, which they kinda are.
Thank for the explenation! Yeah I was once stuck in battle and all of the sudden the bear appeard alongside the other enemies xD. Didn't know what the colors of the auras ment, good to know! There should be a noob guide written for these games :D.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
Thank for the explenation! Yeah I was once stuck in battle and all of the sudden the bear appeard alongside the other enemies xD. Didn't know what the colors of the auras ment, good to know! There should be a noob guide written for these games :D.

i believe the game tells you all that when thry introduce the concept of FOEs.

FOEs also move once per turn while you are in battle, so they can join your random battles if they are chasing you, but dont worry, therr is a way around that:

see that orb on the bottom right of your top screen? it indicates how likely a random battle is. it goes from blue (safe) to red (battle inminent). if you have to do a puzzle with an FOE make sure you trigger a random battle first to reset the orb to blue. generally areas of the map where you need to play around FOEs have a reduced random battle chance so its posible to do the puzzle without triggering a battle, but its much safer if you just reset the orb to blue first

qrac

Nov 13, 2017
i believe the game tells you all that when thry introduce the concept of FOEs.

FOEs also move once per turn while you are in battle, so they can join your random battles if they are chasing you, but dont worry, therr is a way around that:

see that orb on the bottom right of your top screen? it indicates how likely a random battle is. it goes from blue (safe) to red (battle inminent). if you have to do a puzzle with an FOE make sure you trigger a random battle first to reset the orb to blue. generally areas of the map where you need to play around FOEs have a reduced random battle chance so its posible to do the puzzle without triggering a battle, but its much safer if you just reset the orb to blue first
I skipped a lot of the text.. :-/

The blue/red ring I had figured. So trigger random battle -> run from battle? If the FOE is chasing me.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
I skipped a lot of the text.. :-/

The blue/red ring I had figured. So trigger random battle -> run from battle? If the FOE is chasing me.

its far easier just to finish the battle with your strongest attacks than try to run, run seems to have a lower chance against groups in my experience. but you can try to run if thats your only option, whrn FOEs join a battle most of the time they end up in the back lane so their physical attacks are less dangerous

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
So the boss for Waterfall Woodlands:

Had my Hero, Highlander, Nightseeker, War Magus and Princess party set up. Oh boy I'm glad I fucking did because Princess buff/healing and passive healing doesn't work when she's constantly getting smacked. War Magus was the MVP of that fight because she war able to back up heal/revive when she wasn't focusing on debuffing that stupid fucking mudskipper of a boss.Had so many times I had to practically leave either my hero or higher unprotected against that damn earthquake attack to ensure that fucker didn't heal itself for 350 hp. Also love how aliment just meant absolfuckinglutely nothing when it decides to dive under. Was so glad to kill that fucker with everyone still alive.

Last edited:

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
dont you love when you barely win a boss fight. i won vs the 3rd stratum boss with 3 members alive and spamming medicas the last 3 turns. i had no way to revive anyone my hero ice attack and my highlander follow up managed to burst it down before it could wipe the party

tuffy

Oct 25, 2017
I managed to win against a stratum boss in spite of my own stupidity. I'd fired off my Imperial's Ignition boost to run a bunch of drives in a row, but forgot to launch the Conversion break before Ignition ended for a crucial TP restore. My party barely had a TP point between them by the time I could recharge the Imp's boost gauge and finish off the boss with one last Assault Drive.

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
My hero/imperial/harbinger, sovereign/survivalist party is grinding along nicely. It's not too flashy aside from occasional big hits from the imperial, but it's very reliable.

Just made it to the waterfall woodlands, and this remix is so good. Makes me kinda wistful about the EOU3 we never got.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
How is the story in Nexus so far? Obviously not really what these games are about, but I thought some of the previous entries did some fun stuff with their loose narratives. I'm curious how the crossover aspect is handled in this regard.

Also weak showing on the Guild Card front so far Era.

How are we supposed to unlock the Vampire like this?

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
How is the story in Nexus so far? Obviously not really what these games are about, but I thought some of the previous entries did some fun stuff with their loose narratives. I'm curious how the crossover aspect is handled in this regard.

Also weak showing on the Guild Card front so far Era.

How are we supposed to unlock the Vampire like this?
Tell me how to properly show them to you. I tried taking a picture with my phone and other 3DS can't read that. :(

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Tell me how to properly show them to you. I tried taking a picture with my phone and other 3DS can't read that. :(
Oh I have no idea lol, I was just looking at the Google sheet in the OP.

I think you can save it to the 3DS SD card and import it onto a computer, but that seems like a lot of work.

I was planning on figuring it out and contributing mine once I finish EOV.

ohlawd

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Phantagrande
feels like NS and Ronin are the new Bushi for subclassing. that's all my classes are subclassed to

except Princess. I gave her Farmer :')

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I have no idea lol, I was just looking at the Google sheet in the OP.

I think you can save it to the 3DS SD card and import it onto a computer, but that seems like a lot of work.

I was planning on figuring it out and contributing mine once I finish EOV.

If you have a n3ds or n2ds there is an option to use your system as a device in the local network that windows7 and onwards can access.

https://en-americas-support.nintend...ove-files-between-a-new-nintendo-3ds-xl-and-a

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
Zen Hero

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
I've been able to read guild cards from photos. If the photo is high enough quality and taken carefully enough, it should work. For example, my guild card is a photo, but it is readable.

But yeah, overall we don't have many guild cards submitted from Era. Please submit to this form, friends! https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...itKd7gaUanXfiWqiPe8XVHfg/viewform?usp=sf_link And view submitted cards here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...2YPARSzVH6xRB2E4qgR0PpaINUQ/edit?usp=drivesdk

If anyone knows other collections of NA / EU guild cards, please let me know! I'll add them to the OP.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
That's nice, should be easier than unscrewing the back every time. I'll have to try this out and see how many random Animal Crossing and Tomodachi Life screenshots are hidden away on my 3DS.

i was exploring the files in my 3ds this weekend and I found pictures from 2013-2014 haha, prob they got carried from when i upgraded the og 3ds and had to copy the contents

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
On the primitive jungle B3F. Mapped a huge part of it and then died (probably because I took on Scorpion FOE and didn't Want to go back to camp after I won.) I hope my imperial improves because right now theory tp is so limited that I feel like they aren't pulling their weight, and the first set of skills for them is kind of lack luster imo, so i'm Just saving points for the intermediate skills. Also got to the boss of the optional dungeon after much effort, but decided not to attempt it for now since i'm Sure i'll Be stomped

tuffy

Oct 25, 2017
On the primitive jungle B3F. Mapped a huge part of it and then died (probably because I took on Scorpion FOE and didn't Want to go back to camp after I won.) I hope my imperial improves because right now theory tp is so limited that I feel like they aren't pulling their weight, and the first set of skills for them is kind of lack luster imo, so i'm Just saving points for the intermediate skills. Also got to the boss of the optional dungeon after much effort, but decided not to attempt it for now since i'm Sure i'll Be stomped
Imperials pretty much have to invest points down the Edge line of skills which are relatively cheap in terms of TP use in order to have something to do outside of boss fights. The first two edge skills in the tree are pretty lackluster, but Blood Edge packs a bit more punch and has been a reliable source of self-healing thus far. I expect Impulse Edge will be similarly helpful to keep TP topped-off between fights, once I save up enough points to get to it.

Or if all else fails, one can always rest and reallocate skill points later for a more Drive-centric build down the line.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I've been able to read guild cards from photos. If the photo is high enough quality and taken carefully enough, it should work. For example, my guild card is a photo, but it is readable.

But yeah, overall we don't have many guild cards submitted from Era. Please submit to this form, friends! https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...itKd7gaUanXfiWqiPe8XVHfg/viewform?usp=sf_link And view submitted cards here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...2YPARSzVH6xRB2E4qgR0PpaINUQ/edit?usp=drivesdk

If anyone knows other collections of NA / EU guild cards, please let me know! I'll add them to the OP.
I found these two enormous spreadsheets earlier:

One
Two

Edit: On closer inspection they're the same sheet, one opened in Sheets and one in Google Drive lol.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Imperials pretty much have to invest points down the Edge line of skills which are relatively cheap in terms of TP use in order to have something to do outside of boss fights. The first two edge skills in the tree are pretty lackluster, but Blood Edge packs a bit more punch and has been a reliable source of self-healing thus far. I expect Impulse Edge will be similarly helpful to keep TP topped-off between fights, once I save up enough points to get to it.

Or if all else fails, one can always rest and reallocate skill points later for a more Drive-centric build down the line.
I'm hoping impulse edge's TP recovery will be decent, because otherwise I'll probably have to bench them. Even for bosses, you get like two shots of drive skills before you run out and have to recover TP, and while force break is an option it's obviously one you have to use carefully