• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

spiritfox

Oct 26, 2017
Uh that seems like it does require that because I doubt I'm ever going to get the streetpass shortcut considering I have only got three EO related streetpasses since EOIV's launch and none of them passed the second stratum.

You only need 2 of the 4 requirements. The classes one is easy, and you'll obviously beat the game, so unless you want it immediately you don't need to even do the other 2. If you do want it before postgame then sure, but scanning guild cards only takes like half an hour at most. There are a lot of card lists around, just look for one.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
You only need 2 of the 4 requirements. The classes one is easy, and you'll obviously beat the game, so unless you want it immediately you don't need to even do the other 2. If you do want it before postgame then sure, but scanning guild cards only takes like half an hour at most. There are a lot of card lists around, just look for one.

Ah sorry I completely skipped over that first requirement and only looked at the follow three.

That's a little better but still, why even have such mindless requirements.

ohlawd

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Phantagrande
I skipped through the text accidentally. if someone could tell me what the text says when at C7 in B3 10th Labyrinth that'd be great. just one of those Adventurer Log things

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Someone need to change this gif with certain face there.

giphy.webp

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Man, die 6th labyrinth boss bodied me 3 times. It's not really a hard boss even, I just have basically nothing against bindings and ailments. And to no ones suprise, once the proccs actually were nice to me, the boss died without much problems... xD

OP
OP
Zen Hero

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Uh that seems like it does require that because I doubt I'm ever going to get the streetpass shortcut considering I have only got three EO related streetpasses since EOIV's launch and none of them passed the second stratum.
Scanning 100 guild cards shouldn't be too hard. There is a collection of them in the resources section of the OP.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Man, die 6th labyrinth boss bodied me 3 times. It's not really a hard boss even, I just have basically nothing against bindings and ailments. And to no ones suprise, once the proccs actually were nice to me, the boss died without much problems... xD

You have a Sovereign? If the skill list is almost the same as in Untold 2, they should have skills to avoid ailments.

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
God, I just beat the 5h Maze boss. God. That was my second try and THANK GOD I beat it. 5th Maze is the one that unlocks at the 7th Labyrinth. Without spoiling too much, it took me like 100+ hours, around 45 minutes in real time. I used 2x Amrita, 1x Hamao and around 5 Nectars and some Theriacas. And when it finally looked like I could kill it, using my hero's Force Break - she got paralyzed. And it procced. And then the Force Break ran out. Aaaaaaah!!!

Thank god for poison. Jesus.

As a reminder, my group conists of Hero, Pugilist, Harbinger, Sovereign, Arcanist. All were level 47 (now 48). And these were my TP after the battel (huge picture, beware):

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/152873365206466561/546439522800369694/IMG_20190216_221510.jpg

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
How does the hero's afterimage skill work?
Every time the Hero uses a skill there's a random chance that they'll spawn an "afterimage". The afterimage will take up one party slot and is identical to the hero (same stats and current HP). The afterimage can take damage, be healed, have aliments inflicted upon itself, and switched between the front and back lines (and yes, a lot of that makes no sense but just roll with it). The turn after the afterimage is spawned it will use the same move that spawned it (no TP cost), then vanish at the end of the turn. The Hero can buff the damage the afterimage deals and the chance of it appearing through his/her Force Skill, so usually the best place to use it is on the turn after the hero uses their most damaging skill and an afterimage spawns so you can get more than 2x the damage potential over three turns.

Oct 28, 2017
Every time the Hero uses a skill there's a random chance that they'll spawn an "afterimage". The afterimage will take up one party slot and is identical to the hero (same stats and current HP). The afterimage can take damage, be healed, have aliments inflicted upon itself, and switched between the front and back lines (and yes, a lot of that makes no sense but just roll with it). The turn after the afterimage is spawned it will use the same move that spawned it (no TP cost), then vanish at the end of the turn. The Hero can buff the damage the afterimage deals and the chance of it appearing through his/her Force Skill, so usually the best place to use it is on the turn after the hero uses their most damaging skill and an afterimage spawns so you can get more than 2x the damage potential over three turns.
Oh. I didn't realise you needed an empty slot. That's pretty weird.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
Started this Tuesday. Really enjoying it but it's kind of hard. I'm playing with Hero/Sovereign/Imperial/Harbinger/Gunner and I'm at the 3rd lab right now. My problem is running out of TP T.T

PK Gaming

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao the Sovereign is so busted in this game

Hero being OP is obvious but Sovereign is looking mighty fine now

Feb 12, 2019
Farmer is fun, but I know my team would probably do better with another more reliable damage dealer
I'm at a similar place right now. Just finished the 6th Labyrinth and everyone is starting to get access to their lv 40 abilities. To my Farmer's credit, Lullaby has a pretty solid base infliction rate in random encounters even before accounting for high luck, but he wasn't doing a whole lot during the stratum boss fight besides using Share the Wealth to keep my Imperial and Hero's TP up. Convenient gathering and extra experience is nice, but I'm definitely reaching a point where having dead weight in combat can be a problem.

The real trouble with putting someone else in is the paralysis that comes from there being 14 other prospective options, which might actually be the thing to keep a farmer on my team.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
Farmer is fun, but I know my team would probably do better with another more reliable damage dealer
The real trouble with putting someone else in is the paralysis that comes from there being 14 other prospective options, which might actually be the thing to keep a farmer on my team.
Something to keep in mind is that it is generally very quick to bring new party members up to an effective level in these games, provided you can keep them alive at the end of a battle, if you go back a floor or two from where you're currently at and work your way back through the map.
I believe you can also rename party members in town at any time with no penalty at all in the 3DS games, so you don't have to worry about names either. I'm still used to the earlier games on DS where you either couldn't rename members at all, or had to pay a fee to change their name, which left me spending far too much time trying to think up names instead of playing the game.

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Finally, sub classes! And I also just beat the 8th Labyrinth! :A

So, for my classes and why:

Legendary Hero (Hero/Protector)
I started my team with the intention to build the Hero a bit more defensively. That still holds somewhat true in her equipment, but I haven't put any points in her defense skills in ages. I still wanted to have some Protector skills, so she was my best bet. However, I think I will mainly use passives and the elemental walls and not the Line skills.

Berserker (Pugilist/Highlander)
I mainly choose Highlander for the various passives to boost up the double to quadruple attacks my Pugilist can use with his proccs. Also the HP & Def Up are welcome, he dies way too often with having 2 weapons equipped.

Lady of Binds (Harbinger/Nightseeker)
She is debuffing and using ailments on enemies most of the time, so why not buff her with the various Nightseeker skills? That should buff her damage quite a bit once I get a few points into the various skills.

Empress (Sovereign/Farmer)
My Sovereign has no room for more skills during combat, so I wanted a class that can help in other way. Revive outside of combat? More Exp? Healing at gathering points? Yes please!

Ritualist (Arcanist/Medic)
The one thing I was lacking all the time was a proper revive that is no item. Also, I had no way to remove binds and ailments. Since my Arcanist is only there to have an active circle and then debuff the enemies attack, making him a medic was the best choice, since he has the most room to do something like this.

Being able to name your classes is the best thing though! <3

hyouko

Oct 27, 2017
Just reached the 6th labyrinth. Some thoughts:
  • Really enjoying the music remixes, particularly the EO3 ones.
  • On Expert, the FOEs and bosses are turning into real damage sponges. Maybe it's just how I've spec'd my party, but a lot of them turn into wars of attrition - my Sovereign can keep the team comfortably buffed and treading water, but it takes 20+ turns to grind them down. I remember this being something of an issue in EO2U as well, but thought it was better in EO5.
  • The FOE puzzles are about the right level of challenge, though. Relatively little of the "figure out the exact 15 moves that will get you through this room without being ganked," which got old after a while.
  • I appreciate that the Adventure Logs are still going - they kind of petered out in EO5 after the first few stratums. It does feel like most of the ones after the first shrine have been of the friendly "you found an item!" sort, which makes me wonder if they're luring me into a sense of false complacency here.
  • Having most of the remix labyrinths be 3 floors deep feels about right. I think they'd outstay their welcome at 4-5 floors, and I'm enjoying the variety in scenery compared to other EO games.
I apparently screwed myself out of the ability to get
the vampire pseudo-class
until I finish the main game by playing on Expert, so in a weird way it may actually be easier playing on Heroic.

SpaceBridge

Oct 31, 2017
So but the bullet and got the game.

Still groping my way through the tutorial but I'm not confident with my team:

Front row: Hero/Protector/Sovereign
Back:Gunner/Arcanist

I'm not feeling the arcanimst cuz it has no offence other than binding stats.

I feel like I should have a medic or a alchemist/magus or magic offencer. Any thoughts?

spiritfox

Oct 26, 2017
You'll soon learn to love status effects and binds. Unlike most JRPGs they actually matter a lot in EO, especially against bosses.

I think your party composition is fine, but you might want to drop your protector for another damage class if you think you're not doing enough damage. Sovereign and Hero provide enough healing and defense together.

hyouko

Oct 27, 2017

I feel like I should have a medic or a alchemist/magus or magic offencer. Any thoughts?
I feel like there's too much overlap in your front row: three vaguely tank-y, heavy armor wearing classes. I haven't been missing having a Protector with a Hero in the front line, so maybe that's the one to swap. Also note that with 3 front liners you will need to re-organize mid combat to get full use of the Hero's after-image on melee attacks.

I haven't really been missing having a medic. Healing KOs can get expensive, but otherwise my Sovereign can mostly keep everyone topped up. Outside of KOs, ailments and binds are a nuisance, but some classes (like hero) can clear them with a skill, and your Sovereign will eventually get Prevent Order to help block those attacks.

(Though. Has anyone else found Prevent Order doesn't work as well as it used to? At least at low levels, it seems it only provides a chance to block ailments and binds. I kept on getting blinded by a recent boss despite having it up.)

Oh, also. You get an EXP share item early on. Equip it to someone and make a crop of characters for each class; that way you can always switch people out if you need to.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also put Sovereign in the backrow because their main purpose is buffing and healing, and having the extra front row spot for the hero's after image is ideal

OP
OP
Zen Hero

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
(Though. Has anyone else found Prevent Order doesn't work as well as it used to? At least at low levels, it seems it only provides a chance to block ailments and binds. I kept on getting blinded by a recent boss despite having it up.)
Yeah, at the lowest level it has only 60% chance to block an ailment. At the highest level it has 85% chance. It's still a really useful skill, IMO.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
On the start of the 8th labyrinth, finishing some sub dungeon bosses I hadn't beaten yet before really diving in. What's the hardest main labyrinth boss been for everyone so far? For me it was easily the 5th labyrinth boss, it was just way stronger than anything before and some of it's abilties were absolutely brutal. My team is
Hero/Imperial/Pugilist
Medic/Zodiac
Imperial was kind of dead weight a lot of the time in the beginning, but once you get access to impulse edge it becomes way more useful, especially since you'll have a much better mp pool by that point as well

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
My memory is pretty bad so I don't immediately remember the maps when I first enter dungeons so it's trippy realising where the map is from when I run into key moments like the dungeon gimmick or even smaller moments like mapping a certain part of the floor.

The game is way easier thanks to all the EOV style encounters spots on the map though. I don't think I've ever had to leave a dungeon due to lack of resources because it feels like every other one restores my hp and tp.

OP
OP
Zen Hero

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
On the start of the 8th labyrinth, finishing some sub dungeon bosses I hadn't beaten yet before really diving in. What's the hardest main labyrinth boss been for everyone so far? For me it was easily the 5th labyrinth boss, it was just way stronger than anything before and some of it's abilties were absolutely brutal. My team is
Hero/Imperial/Pugilist
Medic/Zodiac
Imperial was kind of dead weight a lot of the time in the beginning, but once you get access to impulse edge it becomes way more useful, especially since you'll have a much better mp pool by that point as well
Yeah, that boss has been the hardest for me, too. I had to rest a couple of characters and reallocate their skill points specifically to counter that boss XD Luckily I haven't had to rest anyone again since then.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017

hero and arcanist can sustain thr party with thr help of some medicas here and there, thats my party healing setup for heroic. i feel you need one morr damage dealer, maybr drop the protector or the soverign

tbf my medic barely survived and was 1shotted (with full HP) right after this
expert mode is pretty difficult for me

the first main dungeon is harf on expert and above.you need rquipment upgrade asap but moneybis hard to come by. after getting my rquipment up to date the gale became easier. even in the next dungeon i wasnt getting routed after a couple of bad random battles

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Worth getting if I'm a newcomer to the series? I'm familiar with the style/genre of game so I know I won't be completely lost on that front, but in regards to story or anything like that?