- Oct 26, 2017
Link to trailer.
Link to JP website.
At least 19 classes are in the game:
- Protector (EO1)
- Medic (EO1)
- Survivalist (EO1)
- Ronin (EO1)
- War Magus (EO2)
- Gunner (EO2)
- Prince/Princess/Sovereign (EO3)
- Zodiac (EO3)
- Shogun (EO3)
- Farmer (EO3)
- Landsknecht (EO4)
- Nightseeker (EO4)
- Arcanist (EO4)
- Imperial (EO4)
- Highlander (EO1U)
- Pugilist (EO5)
- Harbinger (EO5)
- Hero (New)
- Four difficulty settings: Picnic, Basic, Expert, and Heroic
- The character creator from V returns, and you can use it on the portraits from the older games.
- There's a mix of old and new enemies. The old ones shown so far have all been from Etrian III, none of which have had 3D models until this point.
- There's voice acting for the characters and NPCs
- NPCs from previous games return
- Game looks like it uses the Force Boost/Break system from Etrian 2 Untold
- The game uses an overworld map, similar to Chrono Trigger
- DLC will be available for class portraits by guest illustrators. Those are Shigatake, Yuki Takahata, Shigenori Soejima (Persona), Mota (7th Dragon), and Shirow Miwa (7th Dragon 2020)
- Game uses updated menu design from Etrian V
- Game's logo is styled after the ones in I–IV instead of the one in V. Maybe they're signaling this is a return to the style of the older entries?