• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nachos

Oct 26, 2017
fAcT6QB.jpg

Link to trailer.
Link to JP website.

kqGO3fa.jpg

At least 19 classes are in the game:
  • Protector (EO1)
  • Medic (EO1)
  • Survivalist (EO1)
  • Ronin (EO1)
  • War Magus (EO2)
  • Gunner (EO2)
  • Prince/Princess/Sovereign (EO3)
  • Zodiac (EO3)
  • Shogun (EO3)
  • Farmer (EO3)
  • Landsknecht (EO4)
  • Nightseeker (EO4)
  • Arcanist (EO4)
  • Imperial (EO4)
  • Highlander (EO1U)
  • Pugilist (EO5)
  • Harbinger (EO5)
  • Hero (New)
Some details I managed to pick up:
  • Four difficulty settings: Picnic, Basic, Expert, and Heroic
  • The character creator from V returns, and you can use it on the portraits from the older games.
  • There's a mix of old and new enemies. The old ones shown so far have all been from Etrian III, none of which have had 3D models until this point.
  • There's voice acting for the characters and NPCs
  • NPCs from previous games return
  • Game looks like it uses the Force Boost/Break system from Etrian 2 Untold
  • The game uses an overworld map, similar to Chrono Trigger
  • DLC will be available for class portraits by guest illustrators. Those are Shigatake, Yuki Takahata, Shigenori Soejima (Persona), Mota (7th Dragon), and Shirow Miwa (7th Dragon 2020)
  • Game uses updated menu design from Etrian V
  • Game's logo is styled after the ones in I–IV instead of the one in V. Maybe they're signaling this is a return to the style of the older entries?

Last edited:

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
The FM music on the stream after the trailer was amazing.

Trailer here:

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
The first ten seconds of the trailer had me briefly wondering if Team Ninja was developing it.

Yesterday

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wait so what is this? Like are they reusing stratums or just the themes?
Also localization never

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
They specifically say that it's the last for the 3DS, so maybe they've found some way to do it on other systems later. That'll be interesting.

Oct 27, 2017
Looks to be the big farewell to the franchise on the system form that started it all. I still have so many EO games on the 3DS to play but each one is a delight so I can't wait to see what they do with this one.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
So basically they've taken all of the little bits people liked from every game in the series and jammed it all together. Character appearance customization, subclasses, force boost/force break, multiple difficulty modes, the actual classes (including EO3 classes), and multiple dungeons.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
They specifically say that it's the last for the 3DS, so maybe they've found some way to do it on other systems later. That'll be interesting.

As weird as it would look the best platform for it after DS/3DS (and Wii U, RIP that opportunity) is PC, and it's not even remotely close.

Oct 27, 2017

I think they'll be able to come up with something to bring it to the Switch, but the map features are going to be limited as a result (not that I mind, the map part of the games was the one I'm always bad at lol).

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
Chances of early western release are slim, I take it?? Seems like this is a goodbye sendoff for thr EO series out West. Hope we get a localization by early next year or sooner.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Chances of early western release are slim, I take it?? Seems like this is a goodbye sendoff for thr EO series out West. Hope we get a localization by early next year or sooner.

No, I'd say it is almost a lock. Atlus often releases games late on platforms and localizes them. The only EO game I can think of that might not make it is MD2. PQ2 will release AFTER this game does if you count that.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope the FM music on the stream was a hint. You can't add every other thing everyone likes from the series to this final game and leave FM music out.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I know they mean last Etrian 'franchise' game, but there's still PQ2 (which will probably end up being the last game I play on the 3DS) :P!

tuffy

Oct 25, 2017
No game in the serious hasn't come over yet so there's no precedent for it being skipped. Odds are this is coming too.

Lark

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
For both better and worse, this looks like a very concentrated dose of everything Etrian Odyssey. It does seem like a fitting send-off.

Nov 3, 2017
Balance is probably going to be a complete mess but it'll probably be really fun playing around with crazy class combinations

Oct 29, 2017
UK
19 confirmed classes is hype. I see mah boi highlander is making it in. This is gonna be an unbalanced mess. Especially if they have some form of subclassing. Then again they're going to have to standardise the jobs a little so they all fit a similar skill tree system in this.

Also none of the non-human classes from EO5 seem to have made it.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
19 confirmed classes is hype. I see mah boi highlander is making it in. This is gonna be an unbalanced mess. Especially if they have some form of subclassing. Then again they're going to have to standardise the jobs a little so they all fit a similar skill tree system in this.

Also none of the non-human classes from EO5 seem to have made it.

Gotta save something for DLC.

Oct 27, 2017
I know they mean last Etrian 'franchise' game, but there's still PQ2 (which will probably end up being the last game I play on the 3DS) :P!

Completely forgot about PQ2. I wonder why it's been almost a year since it's announcement and we have yet to see footage of it. You'd think with a 3DS game the quicker they got it out, the better.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Completely forgot about PQ2. I wonder why it's been almost a year since it's announcement and we have yet to see footage of it. You'd think with a 3DS game the quicker they got it out, the better.
I think they just announced it way too ridiculously early. They didn't even have any visuals to go along with it (outside of the P5 logo).

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Etrian Odyssey was the first game that made me truly love dual screen. If this is localized it'll be worth it opening my 3DS for the last time for this.

tuffy

Oct 25, 2017
I see they've picked a good selection of classes to fit different roles (Medic for healing, Protector for tanking, a Linkschnekt, etc.). Don't expect to see subclassing again, but they might bring back V's specialization mechanic. Looking great so far.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
One of the DLC class illustrations will be from Soejima for Project Re Fantasy, which is pretty cool.