• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

scamander

Oct 27, 2017
Just saw on Nintendo Germany's homepage they have a new 2DS XL Animal Crossing edition listed, that hasn't been announced yet (afaik). I checked just in case, if it's on other European sites as well, which it is. The console is mint-green, rather simple in design and includes a pre-installed copy of Animal Crossing New Leaf.
Wasn't sure, if it's worth its own thread, but figured most people wouldn't notice otherwise. Unfortunately, as of now, there are no pictures of the inside of the 2DS available.

The New Nintendo 2DS XL Animal Crossing Edition will launch on the 20th of July!

PS_NewNintendo2DXL_AnimalCrossing_PEGI_CMM_big.jpg

source: https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Nintendo-3DS-Family/Nintendo-3DS/Colour-Range/Colour-Range-724589.html

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
This is a bit tangential, but it always bugged me when special edition DS/3DS units were designed so that whatever is on the back of the top screen is made to be viewed when the system is closed. When you're actually playing it and people are staring and judging, whatever is on it is upside down! Especially since New 3DS/New 3DS XL (which, I know this is not one of them) charging docks were made so the hinge was on the bottom.

Anyway, this looks neat! Maybe a sign that the next entry in the Animal Crossing series is a ways away?

OP
OP
scamander

scamander

Oct 27, 2017
This is a bit tangential, but it always bugged me when special edition DS/3DS units were designed so that whatever is on the back of the top screen is made to be viewed when the system is closed. When you're actually playing it and people are staring and judging, whatever is on it is upside down! Especially since New 3DS/New 3DS XL (which, I know this is not one of them) charging docks were made so the hinge was on the bottom.

Yeah, it always bothered me as well. They finally changed it for the small New 3DS, though probably only because of the cover plates.

Anyway, this looks neat! Maybe a sign that the next entry in the Animal Crossing series is a ways away?

I don't think it has anything to do with that. It's just still one of Nintendo's best-selling games on 3DS, especially within the target group they are trying to reach here (kids whose parents won't buy a Switch). The next Animal Crossing entry will be on Switch and won't be affected by the existence of a 2DS Special Edition.

OP
OP
scamander

scamander

Oct 27, 2017
^
The existence of this doesn't affect you whatsoever. Wishing for it to die, just because it's not for you, is pretty selfish. There is still a market for it (kids and families).

Oct 28, 2017
I really like my white 2DS XL, it feels like the final form of the DS Lite.

Glad this will get one into more hands this year.

Oct 25, 2017
Good that it comes with Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

I'm still playing my 3DS regularly. Tons of great games for it that came out, even this year.

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Animal Crossing app, special edition console...man what if Nintendo drops Animal Crossing with the online service in September? Maybe reveal in whatever Direct they use to launch it. Seems unlikely but there would be something for everybody on the Switch by the holidays at that point and 20 million Switches would probably be a lock since there are a fair amount of people that buy a system just to play Animal Crossing

Radishhead

Oct 30, 2017
If Nintendo reveals AC Switch this year I don't know if I'd be more excited that it's hallening, or more mad that they chose not to show it at E3.

Stairouais

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
France
This has to be troll.

Good for them for not showing this during treehouse. Reactions would habe been insane.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Oh man, hopefully this makes it to the US.

Edit: Though I definitely wouldn't have complained in they pre-installed both New Leaf & Happy Home Designer on there.