• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Spamlynguist

Oct 27, 2017
Grabbed the Spider-Man Season Pass and The Silver Case. The latter was only 7 euros, cheapest it has been so far!

Youabra

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Oh nice, Symphony of the Night is 70% on ps3.
You're not Bloodstained, but you'll do the job just fine.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
God when is Just Cause 4 going to be £10
Even then I wouldn't by it. Played it on game pass and didn't last an hour before deleting it. 3 was already bad but 4 is something else. 1 and 2 were brilliant but then the series took a big dive for me

HussiZooT

Beware the Monkey's Paw
Nov 16, 2017
Guys. Serious help please.

I'm tight on budget. Can get only 1 of these games.

I'm stuck between Days Gone and Rage 2.

Some backstory on my current gaming situation.

I already have Hitman 2 for my Third Person fun. And I'm loving every second of it. I got it because I love Hitman. But also cause I love full blown shootout playthroughs as well.

I already have Far Cry 5 for my First Person... kinda fun. I'm just playing through it for the stealth bow and arrow kills. I downloaded this game cause I wanted a fun first person shooting game. Haven't gotten much fun out of it.

So now, I know Days Gone has gotten mixed reviews, has quite a few glitches and can be a slog maybe but some say the game gets much better towards the end.

Rage 2 looks like a fun game to shoot around in first person. Crazy action, etc. But I've heard the game is pretty bland otherwise. So... I'm confused.

Help would be very much appreciated.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

I already have Hitman 2 for my Third Person fun. And I'm loving every second of it. I got it because I love Hitman. But also cause I love full blown shootout playthroughs as well.

I already have Far Cry 5 for my First Person... kinda fun. I'm just playing through it for the stealth bow and arrow kills. I downloaded this game cause I wanted a fun first person shooting game. Haven't gotten much fun out of it.

So now, I know Days Gone has gotten mixed reviews, has quite a few glitches and can be a slog maybe but some say the game gets much better towards the ends.

Rage 2 looks like a fun game to shoot around in first person. Crazy action, etc. But I've heard the game is pretty bland otherwise. So... I'm confused.

Days gone out of those 2. A lot of the bugs have been patched out and there is a good game in there.

Just beware it has a slow start and may take some time to get into it. Once you hit the third camp though it actually turns in to a really good game.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Might get MH World.
Though the idea of getting into that franchise as a newbie is slightly daunting.

I've tried (and failed) to get into many of the previous MH games, and in my experience getting into "world" was pretty smooth, you're not at a disadvantage if you jump in as a newb. There's a lot of game there that was somewhat overwhelming at points but getting to grips with the meat of it in the first hours wasn't onerous. I'd recommend it as someone who (until world) has always wanted to enjoy a MH game and was never able to.

My finger is hovering over Horizon DLC, Rez ∞ and Days Gone. I never really had any real desire to play Days gone but it seems a solid enough open world game. I shouldn't really bother I still have a massive backlog too :/

Last edited:

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
How is God Eater 2?

It looks a lot like Freedom Wars on Vita, and I really liked that game

I also don't have Plus so if it's not good as a SP game then I'm not that interested

GeeTeeCee

Oct 27, 2017
I might finally pick up Burnout Paradise Remastered, if all the crashes have been fixed since it launched.

HussiZooT

Beware the Monkey's Paw
Nov 16, 2017
Days gone out of those 2. A lot of the bugs have been patched out and there is a good game in there.

Just beware it has a slow start and may take some time to get into it. Once you hit the third camp though it actually turns in to a really good game.
Thanks.

Will indulge into the zombieland.

Edit - Oops, I mean freakerland.

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
Finally going to play Rez. I like a lot of games it apparently inspired so hopefully I'll love it as much as some of its fans do.

Jay-T

Oct 28, 2017
All I want is a sale on Demon's Souls, but it seems it won't be discounted anymore (a PS5 remaster might be happening?)

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Guys a quick help .how is Plagues tale innocence?? Is it worth it for 29$

I just finished this and really enjoyed it, it's a good 10-12 hour stealth action game with lite puzzling.

It's really not challenging at all outside of a few sequences but the story and atmosphere is great and the characters are nicely written and likable.

The sale price is fair for what you get.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I just finished this and really enjoyed it, it's a good 10-12 hour stealth action game with lite puzzling.

It's really not challenging at all outside of a few sequences but the story and atmosphere is great and the characters are nicely written and likable.

The sale price is fair for what you get.
thanks . will get it for sure

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

Foxnull

Alt-Account
Banned
May 30, 2019
How does Days Gone run on a normal ps4 nowadays? Has it improved since launch?

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not sure whether I should finally fix my status as the only person on the planet who doesn't have GTA V, or if I should get AC Odyssey.

I just have a quick story spoilers question about GTA V though:
I watched my sister play through at launch until just after the bank heist in the small town, where Packie from GTA IV is with you, and you basically stroll up in absolutely massive body armour (almost Fallout Power Armour-esque) and miniguns. Is that close to the end, or is there still a decent amount of story left?

Deleted member 36186

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Can a game that is currently on sale become a PS plus free game (during the sale)?

I want to buy shadow of the Colossus but I'm afraid it might be a freebie in August.

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can a game that is currently on sale become a PS plus free game (during the sale)?

I want to buy shadow of the Colossus but I'm afraid it might be a freebie in August.

I think it happened before. The PS+ games will be announced on Wednesday so SOTC will at least still be on sale after that if you want to be safe.

Gunkankun

Oct 29, 2017
Ni No Kuni 2 including the dlc for 25 is very tempting, but it didn't click with me at release. Has it improved?

Oct 27, 2017
Anything new added today? I've just picked up £20 of credit and there's not much on my wish list that's actually on sale.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
For those uncertain about Ghost of a Tale, an update was released and might fix the low fps in certain areas.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017

So now, I know Days Gone has gotten mixed reviews, has quite a few glitches and can be a slog maybe but some say the game gets much better towards the end.

Days Gone no doubt.

Its quite long as well, +60 hours

Oct 27, 2017
I'm thinking of getting the complete DLC bundle for Resident Evil 2. I really liked the main game but only played once and have been intending to replay the other scenarios. I also found it quite difficult and stressful, but having an infinite ammo weapon will help immensely, and the new costumes and music are a nice incentive for a replay too.

I'm also thinking of getting Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2. I don't even have PS+ any more but it's only fucking £1.60 and that's a ridiculously low price. Might be a good buy as a 'what if' in case I ever subscribe to Plus again.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm thinking of getting the complete DLC bundle for Resident Evil 2. I really liked the main game but only played once and have been intending to replay the other scenarios. I also found it quite difficult and stressful, but having an infinite ammo weapon will help immensely, and the new costumes and music are a nice incentive for a replay too.

I'm also thinking of getting Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2. I don't even have PS+ any more but it's only fucking £1.60 and that's a ridiculously low price. Might be a good buy as a 'what if' in case I ever subscribe to Plus again.

I too am tempted by both of those as well, I played the arse off Resi 2 back in the day with my housemates and it was always my favourite. I suffer a lot more from anxiety these days though and I just can't get on with tension in games any more. As much as Prey was amazing I had to put that away as I just wasn't enjoying playing it, have you played Prey Tel? and would you say Resi2 remake is similarly difficult and stressful. Cheers in advance.

Oct 27, 2017
I too am tempted by both of those as well, I played the arse off Resi 2 back in the day with my housemates and it was always my favourite. I suffer a lot more from anxiety these days though and I just can't get on with tension in games any more. As much as Prey was amazing I had to put that away as I just wasn't enjoying playing it, have you played Prey Tel? and would you say Resi2 remake is similarly difficult and stressful. Cheers in advance.

I've only played a few hours of Prey. I liked it a lot although combat is probably my least favourite thing about it. I like the mimics and rooting out where they're hiding, but found fighting the bigger ones (Typhons, I think?) pretty tricky although I was still early in the game without good weapons, and working out decent strategies. I stopped playing, although only because other games got in the way. I was enjoying what I played of it, the depth and detail to it all felt great and I loved the space station environment.

Resi 2 is different though. Prey definitely has a slower and more relaxed pace to it, as you can do a lot more exploring and there's a ton of things like literature and emails to read in your own time. In Resi 2 I guess the only options are typically running or fighting, and when Mr. X is chasing you around I found it really fucking stressful, in a slightly bothersome, slightly hysterical "thank fuck that bit's over [nervous laughter]" sort of way. It's a really good game though has probably my favourite interpretation of zombies in video games ever. They're really detailed, the noise they make is super unsettling and they can be crazy hard to kill. But I don't mean this is a bad way, as I love zombie fiction and they were brilliant. Anyway, I'd say if you like horror games or Resi 1 Remake you should like Resi 2. It manages to keep the same balance between combat, exploration and puzzles that the original pre-RE4 games had while also being a load more modernised and accessible. It's probably my favourite game so far this year, and mild anxiety aside I'd say definitely play it if you're a fan of the genre.

Edit - feel free to sling me a friend request on Telminator-2 if you want.

Last edited:

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Cheers Triggerhappytel, great stuff. I too found combat my least favourite part of Prey, thematically and story wise I was really enjoying it but, like you, I found other games came along and it was all to easy to set aside.
Resi 2 having a similar balance to earlier games sounds good though, I'll add it to my ever growing wishlist and see what is what when the sale gets close to finish. I've got funds in my PS wallet and a hole is being ever burned, I'm half tempted to just pre order Death Stranding so it's gone and I stop torturing myself over what to buy.

Thanks again!