• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Feb 13, 2018
Japan
One of my favorite series... might have to finally drop some of my hard-earned cash on DxM.
Shame about pretty much everything else that came out after the original series. Although...

If you like the world of the anime and enjoy slice of life stuff, I highly recommend Gravity Boys and Lifting Girl. It's a canon prequel manga by the writer of the originals series that follows the characters from the (also canon) PS2 games as they grow up.

There's also Eureka Seven: New Order, which is an adaptation of the original planned ending. It's... not happy. If you liked the happy ending then I wouldn't read it.

I probably shouldnt bother with AO right?
I tried watching it a couple of times but it didnt hook me like the original
I don't want to taint my love for it
If you don't want it tainted, don't watch any of the other series/movies.

...Well, I don't know about the new movies but I heard they weren't great. I know they're the first project Dai Sato, the writer of the original series, has been involved in. Are they really that bad?

Ricelord

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
WHAT

QdsGiaN.jpg

WHAT

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Hahaha, I actually called this when discussing the game with my brother. The mech designs are by Shoji Kawamori, who did E7's designs - so I joked and said "you'll have to buy it when they add the Nirvash"

...and now they have. So with that in mind... when's Optimus Prime?

They've been doing a trilogy of new movies to act as a kind of reboot (Hi Evolution or something) but the first two were apparently god awful and the third one's gone AWOL.
I was just aware of the main series and like a sequel series

There are films now?

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
My friend told me about this in Discord and I had to do a triple take. Even after the tragedy of Ao, E7 is by far my favorite anime and I've been neglecting my Daemon Playthrough, so this is a pretty perfect way to get me back into it.

Man, if it had some of the music too <3

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We need a G Gundam inspired design. Gimme day Gundam Spiegel baby. Would also accept something from Gun x Sword like Dann of thursday.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
This is somehow even bewildering than the Rebuild of Eureka-gelion films. Don´t watch them but they have to be the reason for... this.
The show ended with ep. 50. So sequels, remakes, manga or anything.

Last edited:

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently this and the second crossover mech were datamined a while back and just didn't spread here

supposedly this is the second one, but I don't recognize it
N3jiMUN.jpg
Lol, I was going to say, that was probably the one thing they could announce that would get me back into the game after getting bored ~5 hours in.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
With pretty much every take on the story that isn't the original TV series turning out to be terrible (the manga, the first movie, the sequel, and now these new Hi-Evolution movies), I'm quite convinced that E7 was a fluke.
Or a sign the writer really needed the curbing done by his original editor
I wouldn't say it's a fluke so much as the story they wanted to tell was already told. Dai Sato was the creator/chief writer, and he's about as consistent as anime writers get - contributed a lot of the best episodes of Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Stand Alone Complex, Wolf's Rain, recent Lupin the Third, etc. That said, he was only involved with the first season and the two movies (which I haven't bothered with, so have no idea about).

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Ok. I think that I need to explain this in order of release: E7 got a bad remake anime film that is 100% new animation, a non-canon new ending special for the tv show, a bad sequel tv show to the original series and a new anime movie trilogy remake of the tv show that highly relies on reused footage (it flips from 16:9 to 4:3 on a dime) but ends up telling a new story. The manga adaptations are all also different, there were games, LNs, more manga and Bones even made an internal rip-off with Xam'd: Lost Memories.
Eureka Seven is now one of the most incomprehensible cross-media franchises of all time and only the first show is good (but flawed). Bones is a difunctional rat´s nest due to being multiple studios rolled into one. And now you know. MHA saved them from themselves. Avoid the Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution trilogy most of all.

Knightmare Frame bot has to be due to the new Code Geass remake film trilogy, which starts a new canon, unlike the last film duology that only summarized the series. The new film is based on the remake canon. Whatever, stay away from Geass Era. Far away.

Last edited:

Gin

May 2, 2018
Crazy announcement. Eureka 7 is one of my fav anime ever.

I'm about to blind purchase this game asap

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
I just appreciate both suits are drastically different from the base obes

Some great mech action, if you like the genre it's a great example. If you hate the mech genre you'll hate this

Not sure about that. I never played mech game unless we count Xenoblade Chronicles X in my life and I love DxM. What isn't cool about building and decking out a flying mech?

Feb 13, 2018
Japan
I was just aware of the main series and like a sequel series

There are films now?
First there was a film that came before the sequel series that was mostly made of recycled and traced footage. If you can separate it from everything you know about the original one (especially the characters, who look the same but are completely different) it's not completely terrible, but it tells a story that has nothing to do with what most people liked about the original. Nobody asked for it and it's not good enough to justify its existence.

There are also a series of movies out now that retell the series with some major changes such as Renton being in a military academy, already being in the custody of Ray and an Charles, and the Gekko State being part of the military. It also uses old footage, frequently switching between aspect ratios. I haven't seen them but I also haven't heard anything good.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Wait wait are we able to get this somehow with the western version of the game? If so I'm buying it sooner rather than later! :D

And I'm super happy about all the Eureka 7 love here, the first season is amazing and had some impact on my life. The music alone is wow:

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
There was a guy at the old forum who was adamant that it was way better than the original lol

I wasn't this guy but I'll say this, in a vaccum if Ao wouldn't be part of the Eureka universe and a completely standalone series with all references to it altered it would have been a passable watch. Not anything noteworthy or special by any means but a decently fun time-waster. Like this though... yeah... I was actually enjoying the first half quite a bit but once it actually entered the Eureka-verse in terms of story but I still don't get how they managed to mess up the ending of the original Eureka 7 like this :/

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
anything that shows Dewey being right missed the whole fucking point of the original series

Village

Oct 25, 2017
First there was a film that came before the sequel series that was mostly made of recycled and traced footage. If you can separate it from everything you know about the original one (especially the characters, who look the same but are completely different) it's not completely terrible, but it tells a story that has nothing to do with what most people liked about the original. Nobody asked for it and it's not good enough to justify its existence.

There are also a series of movies out now that retell the series with some major changes such as Renton being in a military academy, already being in the custody of Ray and an Charles, and the Gekko State being part of the military. It also uses old footage, frequently switching between aspect ratios. I haven't seen them but I also haven't heard anything good.
The first sounds like a mess and I kinda wanna see it

The new ones sounds really weird

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope they knock it out of the park with the additional content that is planned because this and the game itself makes me want to play it again but there is nothing to do after finishing the main story.

Last edited:

DiGiKerot

Oct 26, 2017
They've been doing a trilogy of new movies to act as a kind of reboot (Hi Evolution or something) but the first two were apparently god awful and the third one's gone AWOL.

The first Hi-Evo was one of the worst movies I've ever seen, but Anemone (the second one) was actually kinda rad. Maybe it was a result of going in with subway-high expectations, but I was shocked how much I enjoyed it given, well, the trajectory of E7 in general post-TV show.

That third movie is probably going to be weird as hell given where it ended, though!

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017

Apparently the crossover stuff is only available for one year. Now I would assume that's not an issue as long as you claim it, which anyone can if it's free anyway. I just hope they don't fuck over folks who do have it by somehow removing it from your save or some shit.

Also it was said somewhere that the 2nd is coming on the 21st and the 3rd on the 28th?

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Such a good anime with such a terrible sequel. I need to reinstall for this if it is more than that awful pilot costume.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
With Kawamori involved, where are my Macross, Patlabor, and Escaflowne DLCs? Dang, I'm old.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
If you're buying DXM make sure to shop around, the electronics retailers around here have it for half its original price already. Seems to have flopped.

Nov 8, 2017
If you're buying DXM make sure to shop around, the electronics retailers around here have it for half its original price already. Seems to have flopped.

I'm only seeing sales for $50 and that's online. How many copies were made physically? I'd like to wait for a sale but I don't want to wait too long if it had a limited print.

CrazyAznKT

Nov 8, 2017
Kuchizusamu MELODY ga!

Apparently this and the second crossover mech were datamined a while back and just didn't spread here

supposedly this is the second one, but I don't recognize it
N3jiMUN.jpg

That's the Lancelot Knightmare Frame from Code Geass! All this mid-2000's mech nostalgia!

Last edited: